Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

I'm not sure what the party did to demand voters die?

demanding continued in-person voting, announcing any state that delayed its primary would be punished by having its delegates stripped. the best part it it probably wasn't even necessary, Biden probably still had it. but the fear of Bernie Sanders capitalizing on a Biden gaffe was enough that no: thousands needed to die, in the name of reducing the chances of that unthinkable event.

we have seen every other supposed moral stance of the center evaporate over the course of this primary, so it's nice to see all the people who were wringing their hands about the left wing's insufferable practice of hostage-taking finally turning around and saying "drop out, or we kill more of them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

mediaphage posted:

do you really not think refusing to come out and say states won't be penalized for delaying primaries doesn't amount to the same thing? that they couldn't have gone all in on national messaging that continuing to hold primaries during a pandemic was literally suicidal?

Michigan and Wisconsin have Republican majority legislatures.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

JT Jag posted:

Thrilled to vote for a senile rapist this November

Don't.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guze posted:

Trump is jumping on blaming Warren, surely he means it and isn't just trolling. No way

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247914464319504385

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

canepazzo posted:

"Low energy Bernie, sad!" tweet storm inc

Maybe the opposite, he'll praise Bernie as the only one he was worried about running against ("even though I would beat him anyway!"), stoke those angry divisive flames on the Democratic side

Edit: welp

Yes the people who liked Bernie's platform will definitely find more in common with today's GOP

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This is why Democats can't have nice things.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Monaghan posted:

Bernie's strategy for victory was getting an unprecedented youth turnout which didn't loving happen. I really don't know how the DNC hosed him, aside from the fact that a bunch of candidates dropped out after nevada and they weren't splitting the moderate vote anymore.

He was also counting on minorities voting for him, and outside the Southwest it didn't happen either.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1247856232704225280

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Fallom posted:

yeah that would've done something lmao

Too big of an ask?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If you fall for something this obvious, you are monumentally stupid.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Oh awesome, the Spring primary thread is finally here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I loving hate that at this moment in time, the DNC pushed Biden over the hill like this.

America literally cannot survive another term of Trump governance. And sorry, I'm not an accelarationist. If Biden fails I don't want it on my conscience.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Filing this under the "why don't they do this all the time like every other civilized nation" file.

Oh and gently caress Joe Biden. Just generally.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I'd rather not because Biden is a loving monster Republican rapist POS, but I mean, at this point isn't it about damage control? Like how can I as a more or less white guy not vote for the guy who will at least be hurting people of color and other minorities marginally less. Because, I mean, isn't that what it's about when lives are on the line? Saving as many as you can, even if that's only a small number?

I'm not being rhetorical. I don't want to vote for Biden and I'd like an excuse not to, so please if anyone has a good logical moral argument for it I am all ears, but yeah, it seems to me that when the choice is between two evils and lives are on the line, you go with the lesser one, no matter how minute the difference.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Willo567 posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait for Trump to win because all of the Bernie bros didn't get the candidate they wanted!

Maybe biden and dnc shouldn't have kept telling them all to gently caress off.

But I assume you think they elected trump in 2016.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Xombie posted:

Michigan and Wisconsin have Republican majority legislatures.

in defense of the Democratic Party actively calling for the deaths of its voters, out of fear that Joe Biden might possibly make a mistake that jeopardized the rest of the primary, you can come up with no defense stronger than deflecting to the existence of the Republicans.

for some reason it is never your death that is the acceptable price to pay. wonder what that's about.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Almost like it never needs to be over 35$ in the first goddamn motherfucking place.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is this worse than Hilary getting nominated? Or does Bernie potentially have more influence over Biden than her?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Brahskolnikov/status/1247917255037517825

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Grouchio posted:

Is this worse than Hilary getting nominated? Or does Bernie potentially have more influence over Biden than her?

Hillary was at least mentally sound, if nothing else. It's hard to gauge how bad Biden will be because he's not only evil and bad, he's also senile. Hillary was at least a known quantity.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol do you think they will try to go back after this is over

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is the "Invisible Enemy" some Qanon poo poo?

They say it means jews.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait for Trump to win because all of the Bernie bros didn't get the candidate they wanted!

I see blaming bernie bros is in full effect, at least you are skipping the bullshit unity argument at this point in time.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Grouchio posted:

I think Biden's platform is ostensibly more progressive than hillary's.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol do you think they will try to go back after this is over

Absolutely.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

in defense of the Democratic Party actively calling for the deaths of its voters, out of fear that Joe Biden might possibly make a mistake that jeopardized the rest of the primary, you can come up with no defense stronger than deflecting to the existence of the Republicans.

for some reason it is never your death that is the acceptable price to pay. wonder what that's about.

The Democratic governor of Wisconsin demanded that the primary be postponed, going so far as to declare it was postponed. The Republican legislature went all the way to the Republican SCOTUS to overturn him.

Blaming the Democratic Party is just outright lying. Assuming you're not just an idiot who actually believes the DNC could have influenced the GOP through, what? Ads?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Grouchio posted:

Biden is a worse, less capable politician, but he doesn't have decades of institutional sexism to deal with so he might still be a better candidate

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Asema posted:

I see blaming bernie bros is in full effect, at least you are skipping the bullshit unity argument at this point in time.

Says the person with the Bernie or Bust tag

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I have a dispatch from the alternate timeline in which the DNC supported postponing the Wisconsin primary, err, the other alternate timeline where they supported postponing the election AND made an impact.

Consensus is they're cowards who were trying to hide Biden from a Bernie surge in a state he won handily in 2016, and were willing to sacrifice a state supreme court seat to do it.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

Says the person with the Bernie or Bust tag

Good retort, you sure got me.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
The only difference between Biden and Hillary is that this time the black swan event is probably going to cut against trump. Biden's corpse is going to shamble its way into the white house on the back of uncountable numbers of trump-brand rona deaths and a 30% unemployment rate

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Xombie posted:

The Democratic governor of Wisconsin demanded that the primary be postponed, going so far as to declare it was postponed. The Republican legislature went all the way to the Republican SCOTUS to overturn him.

Blaming the Democratic Party is just outright lying. Assuming you're not just an idiot who actually believes the DNC could have influenced the GOP through, what? Ads?

Now do Illinois.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xombie posted:

The de facto democratic nominee for president said it was okay to go out and vote in person, and then changed his mind about how safe it was after the votes were cast.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Monaghan posted:

I think Biden's platform is ostensibly more progressive than hillary's.

Yes, running on the "nothing will change" for rich people plank is pretty progressive. Plus, he has a good bumper sticker slogan - "Give Me A Break!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Glad to see this but wasn’t it a hell of a lot cheaper than that years back?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Mods, please clarify:

Now that Bernie has suspended his campaign can I now resume talking about how I don't want to vote for certified rapist and republican Biden in this thread? It's no longer primary chat if he's the candidate, right?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Srice posted:

The de facto democratic nominee for president said it was okay to go out and vote in person, and then changed his mind about how safe it was after the votes were cast.

Is this where we go in circles back again where it's pointed out that it literally made no difference, and you just repeat it as if no one responded?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

My Face When posted:

I'm writing in Bernie, its official. gently caress Biden, gently caress trump, gently caress the dnc, gently caress the rnc, gently caress the establishment.

One of these days can we hold a seminar in why this doesn't do what people thinks it does? Far be it from me to tell you how to vote but if your goal is not to re-elect Trump, this ain't it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Democrats can rally around Biden. Sanders supporters PROBABLY don’t call themselves Democrats. It’s that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yuzenn posted:

One of these days can we hold a seminar in why this doesn't do what people thinks it does? Far be it from me to tell you how to vote but if your goal is not to re-elect Trump, this ain't it.

There's a much longer and larger overall conversation about electing candidates that don't stand on anything other than "We aren't the other guy!" and the age split between under 50 and over and what the future of the party holds.

It's like a 50-60% difference in support and two generations are probably done with the DNC at this point after back to back elections with weird circumstances, but again, longer conversation than what is needed in this thread.