Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I still gently caress up with real words but never fail to spell fhqwhgads correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So why didn't the HSR guys ever branch or do anything and mostly just petered out in the mid-00s only to come back way later after everyone had grown up and streaming video made their platform obsolete?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

So why didn't the HSR guys ever branch or do anything and mostly just petered out in the mid-00s only to come back way later after everyone had grown up and streaming video made their platform obsolete?

I read that their dad died, and while he wasnt really working on HSR, he was basically their target audience/sounding board. So they just lost interest.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

mind the walrus posted:

They did? Both Matt and Mike Chapman have done a bunch of work on various kids shows, including Yo Gabba Gabba, Gravity Falls, and The Aquabats! Super Show!

They also came out with a board game last year based on Trogdor, which Matt demonstrated in character as Strong Bad at GenCon, which was probably one of the highlights of my life. (I got a signed copy!)

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I read that their dad died, and while he wasnt really working on HSR, he was basically their target audience/sounding board. So they just lost interest.

I just watched Onward with my son and I wasn't ready for this post.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
HSR is astounding in how good is still is, considering the time it came out and how poo poo the internet generally was at that time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Looks more like Milkman Dan to me

E:

I really wish there was a complete collection of Red Meat comics somewhere, because I always love the Milkman Dan ones :allears:.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Just gonna drop this little ditty I made back in the early 2000's here:

https://soundcloud.com/khate-reutling/sb-techno-majesty

This is good stuff.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Hirethor posted:

I spent a long time slaving over a hot computer to make this video clip/potential reaction clip, so y'all better appreciate my efforts. (Audio on)

https://i.imgur.com/AemLLt6.mp4

alexandriao posted:

What is that from?
Hamlet 2?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

strong bad is the original dril

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Acebuckeye13 posted:

They did? Both Matt and Mike Chapman have done a bunch of work on various kids shows, including Yo Gabba Gabba, Gravity Falls, and The Aquabats! Super Show!

They also came out with a board game last year based on Trogdor, which Matt demonstrated in character as Strong Bad at GenCon, which was probably one of the highlights of my life. (I got a signed copy!)

They also did a strange series of shorts called Two More Eggs for Disney XD in 2015-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khlbI3-m330
They're all on YouTube and only 1-2 minutes long each

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/1247278140491251712

I thought about putting this in the idiots on social media thread, but nobody involved is an idiot. So it best goes here.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/1247278140491251712

I thought about putting this in the idiots on social media thread, but nobody involved is an idiot. So it best goes here.

YIIIIikes that account, though.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

alexandriao posted:

What is that from?

Hamlet 2, great movie.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hyperlynx posted:

YIIIIikes that account, though.

Whoops. Just looked.

Brenda and the bloke from the council are still cool though.

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish there was a complete collection of Red Meat comics somewhere, because I always love the Milkman Dan ones :allears:.

https://www.redmeat.com/max-cannon/MeatLocker?topic=2131674&sortType=date

?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/spankybackpack/status/1246086545477644289?s=21

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

They said complete, the oldest one there is form 2018.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lol, poo poo, I forgot this movie existed, does it hold up? I loved it the one time years ago I got hammered and watch it, but I have no idea if that’s just because I adore Steve Coogan

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lol, poo poo, I forgot this movie existed, does it hold up? I loved it the one time years ago I got hammered and watch it, but I have no idea if that’s just because I adore Steve Coogan

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember seeing it in theaters in 2008 and there were only like 3 other people in the theater and it was gone like a week later. I remember thinking it was great at the time, but that was me 12 years ago.

Now I have Rock Me Sexy Jesus stuck in my head. Amazing how that's all it takes for my brain to magically remember that song from over a decade ago but I can never remember any of my passwords....

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I just watched it 2 days ago (hence the clip) and also previously... 2 years ago-ish. Both times I was very happy with it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What the? I thought I've seen all movies with Steve Coogan, how did I miss this one?

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Sorry for the ask post, but does anyone have that old Teen YouTube Starz event poster with like, Chris Chris and Flurp Blorp etc.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grraarrgghh posted:

Sorry for the ask post, but does anyone have that old Teen YouTube Starz event poster with like, Chris Chris and Flurp Blorp etc.

I love this stupid thing and am always happy to repost it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I find something new every time it gets posted.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

I actually out of morbid curiosity want to see how terrible this mess was.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I actually out of morbid curiosity want to see how terrible this mess was.

It's fake. Only one of those names is a real person, and it's the fakest sounding name of the bunch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest part is of course that Colton Burpo is a real person.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's fake. Only one of those names is a real person, and it's the fakest sounding name of the bunch.

Yeah, I remember my kid insisted on playing Mmm...Mlurp's single every time we got in the car for like six goddamn months

I think they meant the actual event the joke image is based on.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That unedited image has some good poo poo in it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's barely edited. :stare:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
holy poo poo I thought it had been made from whole cloth.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Wait, what the gently caress is a teen roast and are those people actually technically real?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
They... barely changed anything. There really are two Chris's.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

JacquelineDempsey posted:

-

So I responded to this post, from this very thread, made a little over a week ago.

A person of their word, Pissed Ape Sexist sent me not only Spam, but a loaf of Wonderbread and a bottle of Miracle Whip. I made the unboxing pics yesterday after I was delighted to see a box sitting on my porch. Full GBS thread will follow when I get around to fryin' up that Spam.

What's the connection between these posts? Careful observers will note that, yes, I happen to be wearing an original Trogdor shirt given to me in 2003. 'Cause that's how I roll while going crazy in quarantine, and I think it's a bit funny, at least coincidentally.

I appear to have completely glossed over when pissed ape sexist replied to my post with this offer, and I'm kicking myself for it now.

However I am very happy that someone else got to live my dream of one day eating spam the way it is appearantly meant to be. Looking forward to that thread!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty much my reaction over and over to how true that image is.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

muscles like this! posted:

The funniest part is of course that Colton Burpo is a real person.

You can't fool me, that's a Star Wars name if I ever heard one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

His Sith name is Darth Belches.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I have no idea on the quality of this movie but the advertising campaign for it drove me up the loving wall with how spammy it was. Felt like there were 3+ ads aired for the thing between every commercial break :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm confused is it Cobb Salad and Colton Burpo or is it Cobb Colton and Salad Burpo?