Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

That looks like an "I accidentally ordered 10 pallets instead of 10 boxes" sort of mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

It has to be a hosed up order, plus limited shelf life. You would never drop the price so low on something for any other reason.

Right. I work as a stocker in a Loblaws store so I’m just running through all the things that would lead my department to do something like that. They don’t expire until August, so policy isn’t to discount them at all for awhile; but there’s an absolute ton of them.

So they likely ordered too many and it’s taking up space they need for other products (since orders are very much you get what you get right now), so they are trying to clear it so they can put more important products in their place.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

That looks like an "I accidentally ordered 10 pallets instead of 10 boxes" sort of mistake.

I was at a bar that accidentally did that with microwave popcorn. Couldn't give it away fast enough, and I got a couple thousand extra calories of salt and grease that week.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/ByMatthewBlack/status/1247289348225216516

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So I just found out that a nonessential business in my area had been forcing employees to work in contact with the public with no PPE and even hosted a loving wedding this past Saturday several days after the essential services only order came down.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
did wedding venues not make the essential services list? can be a long list, so easy to miss something

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pokeyman posted:

did wedding venues not make the essential services list? can be a long list, so easy to miss something

Probably a wedding for construction workers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
fuckkkkkk youuuuuuuuuu

https://twitter.com/brianpallister/status/1247578047382990856?s=21

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
selfless and salaryless service

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Steven McNeil is doing the same thing to us in NS, lauding the health care workers while pretending he hasn't been bleeding the health authority dry for the last six loving years

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:morning:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jun 20, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So far the replies are 5 for 5 on calling him out (well, 3 for 5, one is praising bee-clean for making sure things are actually clean and one saying that parents are going to have to pick up school work and drop completed work to teachers which... "mommy, what's a quarantine?" levels of dumb, but both are probably square on Pallister's shoulders anyways)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao what the gently caress is even going on in this province

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

dont worry brian pallister has spoken with the easter bunny and was told it was going to be okay

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Frosted Flake posted:

Has any Canadian politician addressed that Paul Martin sent us to Afghanistan because the Americans leveraged us with the Softwood Lumber Dispute and Mad Cow as retaliation for not going to Iraq?

I hope it was worth my pension for life and dead friends.

afghanistan happened before iraq genius

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

dont worry brian pallister has spoken with the easter bunny and was told it was going to be okay

https://twitter.com/bkives/status/1247924997772935170?s=21

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
He must think he's running in the last Canadian election with a send-off like this!

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1247928555117383693

Sassafras has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Apr 8, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/canadaland/status/1247995064485322758?s=21

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

House six. Live Kenny vs Spenny? I'll take that, even if Conrad black is there.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

beating up jon kay in front of his mom would be pretty good

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
holy poo poo house 4 is extremely cursed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’d be in nardwuar’s house for the endless nostalgic gifts and uncovering obscure facts from my childhood, we could just lock faith goldy out.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dreylad posted:

holy poo poo house 4 is extremely cursed.

I feel sorry for Matt Galloway, he doesn’t deserve that.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Arivia posted:

I feel sorry for Matt Galloway, he doesn’t deserve that.

I've had to listen to too much Metro Morning, I hate him

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dreylad posted:

I've had to listen to too much Metro Morning, I hate him

He was very nice and respectful when he interviewed me on Metro Morning, so I have a soft spot for him because of that.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I have a personal vendetta against Tristan Hopper. House one.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

google's current header image is them giving big kisses to cops and firefighters for their brave service during the outbreak

no not nurses or doctors, cops

e: oops wrong thread

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Apr 9, 2020

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

show some respect to jj maculloch

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A Russian troll farm posted:

I have a personal vendetta against Tristan Hopper. House one.

are you a raccoon

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

It’s house 6 for me. I want to see Black do a humiliation after he’s the first to touch the floor or stop wearing a diaper or something.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You're looking at it wrong. House four wouldn't want to be trapped in there with me.

e. :gritin:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:mrgw:

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Gotta be 6

I just wouldn’t leave Conrad alone lol

I would institute a housewide rule of indigenous land acknowledgment before beginning any conversation.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I know I’m years behind the curve but Civ 6 is on sale and lol at how Canada and the Cree are represented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0PYsWK1dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyYBFyXrgc

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
All of Canada's history and they pick loving Laurier?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Should have been Stephen Harper.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
obviously should have been the greatest Canadian as scientifically proven by CBC.

Alternatively Rob Ford would have made a lot of sense.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:moonrio:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Pierre Trudeau