Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Booty Pageant posted:

yo we got any updates on audienceless wwe??

John Cena lost a "match" to a demonic children's show host and might have done a heel turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Burt Sexual posted:

Maybe their numbers are unreliable:shrug:

:thejoke:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Polls actually show between 80-90% approval for need and importance of sheltering in place and social distancing, but you do you

And what's that number going to change to the second Trump sounds the all clear?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

GORDON posted:

I've been having a hard time finding an updated "peak" date. It was April 14, then about 5 days ago it was April 16. Anyone know what it is, now?

It's going to vary country by country

In the US with 330 million people, and major cities both a) being hundreds of miles apart and b) having wildly different densities, the peak is going to vary wildly

My wild rear end guess:

For the top 100 largest cities by population, that are also within 20 miles of a commercial airport, this will likely peak between April 21 and June 7

For smaller, more rural towns, it might peak in July or September, OR in some towns (< 20,000) nobody will get it, and we'll open things back up again and it'll peak in Oct/Nov/Dec

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Since minorities and poor people are apparently disproportionately dying i think eventually flare ups will be blamed on minorities and poor people

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rutibex posted:

i assume this is to prevent scammers that have leaked SS numbers from applying for EI in other peoples names entirely online

This is Canada, so in order to apply you already have to have CRA account, with various means of identifying yourself, personal info, SIN, plus you have to answer a question (amount from tax returns). Emailing it would seem to be safe, but maybe it's something along the lines of what you're saying.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Blistex posted:

My wife is waiting for her EI access code to come in so she can start collecting, but for some reason (despite doing everything online) it has to come by mail. :downs:

I'm still waiting for that stupid "access code by mail" but got my emergency aid deposited today, the 2000$ a month one, so you don't need it.
I had applied for EI but all new EI claims got transfered to the emergency relief so your wife should be able to get it right away without the code, if she's eligible.
The eligibility rules are pretty wide and will still be expanded some more soon.

Good luck! :(

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

I mean that the state has the power to control public spaces, to a certain extent, but not to get people into those spaces. rear end load of people out of work+pandemic means even if every store, restaurant and what have you was open tomorrow they still would get nothing in terms of traffic.

i dont think you get what i mean, or you haven't really thought this through at all. im not talking about people going to restaurants. im saying there are still lots of places where people are going to work at call centers and the like in some states and when other states open up too early this is going to exacerbate that problem.

not to mention that in many parts of the country large groups of people are continuing to gather in churches and large family events and will continue to do so whether they have work or not, and those kinds of gatherings have already been shown to spread the virus a lot. a place doesn't need to be a "public space" to spread virus just needs to be a space with a bunch of people close together in it, someone's dining room with 10 people sharing a meal is enough to continue exponential spread

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 9, 2020

naem
May 29, 2011

so I did laundry, in a laundromat, which is a public space full of metal surfaces

I set the hamper of clean stuff in the corner, washed my hands, and keep glancing at it like it’s radioactive

e: should I wait three days to put on a sweatshirt?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Since minorities and poor people are apparently disproportionately dying i think eventually flare ups will be blamed on minorities and poor people

Pffft. I don't think there is any precedence for that.

Bronze Fonz posted:

I'm still waiting for that stupid "access code by mail" but got my emergency aid deposited today, the 2000$ a month one, so you don't need it.
I had applied for EI but all new EI claims got transfered to the emergency relief so your wife should be able to get it right away without the code, if she's eligible.
The eligibility rules are pretty wide and will still be expanded some more soon.

Good luck! :(

She's an ECE and her daycare shut down, so it's a safe bet. Her CRA account says that she's been approved, so it's a race to see what gets here first.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GORDON posted:

I've been having a hard time finding an updated "peak" date. It was April 14, then about 5 days ago it was April 16. Anyone know what it is, now?

"I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!" the Queen said. "Two pence a week, and jam every other day."
Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, "I don't want you to hire me – and I don't care for jam."
"It's very good jam," said the Queen.
"Well, I don't want any to-day, at any rate."
"You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
"It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.
"No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i hope that....ADOLF HITLER DIES!!!!!! :twisted:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/npratc/status/1247988083376549888

what the gently caress

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You don’t need to test for the roni if everyone has the roni

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

naem posted:

so I did laundry, in a laundromat, which is a public space full of metal surfaces

I set the hamper of clean stuff in the corner, washed my hands, and keep glancing at it like it’s radioactive

Detergent will kill the hell out of Roni, so you've already done the job just by washing unless you're concerned it picked something up after

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

lol

I keep thinking, "well, that's it, the US gov can't possibly gently caress things up any more than they already have."

But then they find a way. :911:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Earwicker posted:

i dont think you get what i mean, or you haven't really thought this through at all. im not talking about people going to restaurants. im saying there are still lots of places where people are going to work at call centers and the like in some states and when other states open up too early this is going to exacerbate that problem.

not to mention that in many parts of the country large groups of people are continuing to gather in churches and large family events and will continue to do so whether they have work or not, and those kinds of gatherings have already been shown to spread the virus a lot. a place doesn't need to be a "public space" to spread virus just needs to be a space with a bunch of people close together in it, someone's dining room with 10 people sharing a meal is enough to continue exponential spread

Okay yeah, I talked to this with a guy who works with for San Diego County at work and he was extremely lol about this as well. Yeah lack of comprehensive policy basically means the severity varies all over the place and actually punishes places that respond appropriately because the reintroduction risk is very real. We're basically in for a situation where the r0 nationally might be tamped down but uneven locally, so the worst of all worlds where it is constantly floating around.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

it's not an accident, parts of the USA has moved into full coverup stage

governors like Newsom are crowing about "turning the corner" and donating ventilators but their tests are absolute garbage and they know it

bronx county new york has tested 650% more of its population than the state of california. alberta, a region that is 1400% less dense than Cali, has tested 430% more of its population

https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/status/1248044749216342016

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I read today that every death of Covid in St. Louis was black. Every one. Like gently caress, that's just crazy to me. I can definitely see the home of the Ferguson Riots saying that it's because those dang black people live in those dirty ghettos and that's why they're all getting the Roni.

On an un-related note, someone posted a website a couple days ago about how local travel has changed due to Corona and there are 73% MORE people going to St. Louis' public parks than before all this. One of my co-workers actually told me yesterday he went on a blind date in Forest Park (our big local park) and was all hugging on this girl for hours. Like dude, they still won't let us work from home, please don't give me the Roni because you thought a girl was hot.

naem posted:

Oh man, this reminds me. My apartment complex closed all their laundry rooms (after two weeks of shorter hours and daily bleaching) and now I get to try and find a laundromat that's open at 11pm and is not full on janky as hell. Everywhere I'm looking either closes at 7 and I work until 10:45, or has like 1.5 stars on Google maps. It'll be a fun little adventure when I run out of work clothes.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 9, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Well that's one way to flatten the "Number of detected infections" graph, I guess

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

when you take corvid19 with weed it chills in its incubation stage way longer not doing anything

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
i apologize for this. my vague language leaving you to wonder if this was serious or a joke posed a safety hazard that is now obvious in hindsight

what i meant was that sufficient thc in your blood stream getting invading individual covid-19 virions high as gently caress will render them effectively inert and allow your immune system to easily fight off the disease instead of contracting an infection. it follows that this could be a shortcut to the widespread immunity this country desperately needs

astral
Apr 26, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

You don’t need to test for the roni if everyone has the roni

Exactly!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/08/trump-administration-frontline-workers-coronavirus-176363

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Trump must have heard what demographic is getting the Corona and decided to let it run its course.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s just science

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Booty Pageant posted:

yo we got any updates on audienceless wwe??

They're going to have live broadcasts from parts unknown (Florida), brotha, to build up to the next PPV, brotha, live not from Baltimore not on May 10, brotha.

Also, Hulk Hogan says that if you get the Roni, it's because God decided that you deserve it. Like when God decides that you deserve to die in a Nick Hogan DUI.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

i hope that....ADOLF HITLER DIES!!!!!! :twisted:

Shut up you're going to get the secret service calling Lowtax again

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sono posted:

They're going to have live broadcasts from parts unknown (Florida), brotha, to build up to the next PPV, brotha, live not from Baltimore not on May 10, brotha.

Also, Hulk Hogan says that if you get the Roni, it's because God decided that you deserve it. Like when God decides that you deserve to die in a Nick Hogan DUI.

AEW is what wrestling fans should be watching now anyways.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Soysaucebeast posted:

Oh man, this reminds me. My apartment complex closed all their laundry rooms (after two weeks of shorter hours and daily bleaching) and now I get to try and find a laundromat that's open at 11pm and is not full on janky as hell. Everywhere I'm looking either closes at 7 and I work until 10:45, or has like 1.5 stars on Google maps. It'll be a fun little adventure when I run out of work clothes.

gently caress, why? Do they expect people will just not do laundry?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Telemaze posted:

It's not a "waste"; there are tests that have been developed just for veterinary use and aren't made to be used on humans.

Anyway there were two dogs in Hong Kong who became infected with coronavirus. They were both asymptomatic, same as all the lab cats. The Belgian cat is an outlier here because it supposedly actually had symptoms. According to CBS, some company called IDEXX also tested a whole bunch of cats and dogs and found none who tested positive. That was back in mid-March though. Who knows what they would find if they tested now.

IMO cats should be kept indoors regardless.

Its actually a pretty big man power sink and waste at this point.

Imagine the entire extra process needed to obtain and safely test everyones pet after the owner got sick. You would likely need another entire chain of PPE for veterinarians to safely do it because you can bet if I am testing a cat or whatever for Covid then I am going to be suited up like the cat is contagious.

There are also a ton of other logistic issues like who would you ask to produce tests in sufficient quantities that the animal tests wouldnt cut into production and supplies used for human tests?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

On Monday night I was flipping through the channels and saw that RAW was on and put it on for a bit since I remembered they were doing it without an audience and wanted to see what that was like.

It was a woman's match, and the two wrestlers each brought two men down to their respective corners to cheer them on (I guess?) and the guys were just going completely nuts in an otherwise deadly quiet set. Think "That hulk hogan gif where his eyes are bugging out and he's shaking the ropes", but ringside, and slapping their chests and literally hooting and screeching incoherently at the women wrestling. There was no other noise.

When the women got a move in, like a knockdown, they still 'paced' it, as if they were getting crowd reactions, like one woman slapped the other one in the face, and the slapee looked all shocked and offended and slowly turned back while panning back across the empty room to no reaction, then pushed the other one to the mat. When the woman fell over, the one who pushed her walked slowly in a circle clapping like she was revving up the non-existant crowd, and then bent over and slapped her butt in the other womans face to taunt her/the still not there audience.

I felt weird so I turned it off. That's the most wrestling I've watched in over a year. Thanks COVID.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Soysaucebeast posted:

Bathtub works if you got one

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

QuarkJets posted:

Shut up you're going to get the secret service calling Lowtax again

Wrong SS

naem
May 29, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

Detergent will kill the hell out of Roni, so you've already done the job just by washing unless you're concerned it picked something up after

I mean I touched the washer/dryer handles all the other people did, and picked up and set down the plastic hamper basket inside the laundromat and carried it to my apt with my hands before washing them so it’s the hamper i’m worried about

yay paranoia

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1247895025788137474

Tfw she's hiding the beans

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thinkin bout them beans?

I will never jeopardize the beans.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

naem posted:

I mean I touched the washer/dryer handles all the other people did, and picked up and set down the plastic hamper basket inside the laundromat and carried it to my apt with my hands before washing them so it’s the hamper i’m worried about

yay paranoia

Carry sme Clorox wipes friend

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1248071070260707333

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/astraughnomer/status/1247613628624273410?s=20

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

lol owned