Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Some great stuff on this the last page!

slothrop posted:

now, what do I do with all this?

I'm sure it's useful for something

Chicarrones for the skin maybe? the bones into a stew maybe? I'm happy to hear your ideas.

Hard to tell how much meat is left but I feel like they are probably close to country style ribs? Lots of different directions to go but I would be temped to go with a korean BBQ style and marinade then quick sear over high heat if they have a good amount of meat on the bone still, usually the stuff near the bone is super tender.

Olpainless posted:

And we've got some 3 cheese and bacon turnovers, and something a bit different too, with some mushroom, potato and cheese savoury rolls...

The missus has been an absolute trooper with all the work she's being doing in plagueworld, so I'm going to do everything I can to make sure she's looked after and well fed at the moment.
These looked fantastic and so English, got a recipe?

Made sausage, ajvar, polenta & pesto for lunch today and it was delicious:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Set off my smoke alarm making cast iron fried rice:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Are you really cooking Chinese food if you don't set off the smoke alarm?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I made green curry beef and onions.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
made a nice salad with chicken, broccoli, apple, shallot, feta, and a lemon basil dressing

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chicken with ginger, paprika and chilli flakes.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Dr. Krieger posted:

These looked fantastic and so English, got a recipe?

Made sausage, ajvar, polenta & pesto for lunch today and it was delicious:

First of all, that looks delicious as well!

As for the recipe:

The bacon and cheese turnovers are pretty simple. Pre-cook your bacon to make sure it's not going to release any water or anything and make the whole thing soggy; grate up a mixture of sharp mature cheddar, red leicester, and double gloucester cheeses. Cut your pastry into squares, fill them with cheese from diagonals, stick a couple of slices of bacon on top, then folder over your pastry, join with a spot of water and wash, then bake. Easy.

For the rolls;

To make the filling, very finely dice mushrooms and potato (think mushroom duxelle fine-ness; it wants to be really tiny pieces).

Start sautee'ing this in a saucepan in a little oil or butter, making sure youstart to drive the moisture out of the mushrooms and that the potato is cooked through - it's probably better to try it as you go along. Once the moisture is released, throw in breadcrumbs to help bind this all and soak up the moisture from the mushrooms. Add about a teaspoon of onion powder, oregano, chives, a generous pinch of smoked salt, and a teaspoon of liquid smoke, and keep on cooking it for a little longer until it's noticeably sticky, binding together. Season as needed then let cool.

Mix this in with some of the cheese mix you made for the bacon turnovers to form the stuffing for the rolls; then fill long strips of pastry with the mixture, roll over and bind, press with a fork for a pattern if you want, then brush with egg yolk and sprinkle mixed herbs to taste over it. Again, bake until golden-brown and risen.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I’m fresh out of coconut milk, but still didn’t stop me from making a chickpea curry.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

tortilla pizza

tortilla pizza w/ chorizo and hot honey

smoked chicken thighs, a basic salad and some rice

a pizza!

smoked wings

serious eats brown butter chocolate chip cookies

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Not a very compelling picture, but here's a piece of sourdough pizza with mushrooms, kale, jalapeno peppers, and some szechuan peppercorn tofu jerky. We're kind of at the point where we're just trying to get the most out of the last bits of fresh produce we have on hand. A really rudimentary sauce because we're running a little low on things, but it was a really nice, filling pizza overall.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pasta alla quarantine featuring some old peppers, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and generic smoked sausages from the fridge which all absolutely had to be used tonight, accompanied by oil and garlic, wine, pecc/parm and whatnot. it turned out delicious, and I cleaned out the fridge. looking forward to fresh tomato season.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Aglio a Oglio tonight!

Added a little spinach and yellow pepper this time, and topped it off with some breadcrumbs that I browned in a little butter, garlic, and parm.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

I braised about a 5LB pork shoulder a few nights ago. The first night we ate it as BBQ sliders. The second night I fried it in its reserved juices and fat to make carnitas burrito bowls.

Tonight I took what was left and made Japanese curry.

I'm glad I watched that Munchies video with Ivan Orkin making boxed curry, because that's a pantry staple now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Trying pizzas on the new bbq

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
fuckin WOULD especially the pineapple

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

droll posted:

fuckin WOULD especially the pineapple

same but the jalapeños

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I picked up red lentils and a bunch of cilantro at the mid-apocalyptic Kroger and then realized I didn't have curry powder for dahl. But I did have a lot of leftover rice still:

The secret Chinese ingredient for a bright tomato flavor is... ketchup!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If I take off my glasses this looks like a map of a fantasy world.

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010
Made pizza dough for the first time. Didn’t quite rise right, but still very nice! One was ricotta olive ham, one was ricotta olive garlic

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

Made pizza dough for the first time. Didn’t quite rise right, but still very nice! One was ricotta olive ham, one was ricotta olive garlic

Never used ricotta on a pizza, definitely curious to try it

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

Never used ricotta on a pizza, definitely curious to try it

Ricotta is immensely delicious in pizza.

I don’t spread it around evenly though. I usually scoop out little balls of it and plop them around the pizza and they melt a bit in the oven.

Try it sometime it’s great.

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Ricotta is immensely delicious in pizza.

I don’t spread it around evenly though. I usually scoop out little balls of it and plop them around the pizza and they melt a bit in the oven.

Try it sometime it’s great.

Yea we would usually just do dollops but no mozzarella at the moment

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Fresh pasta mushroom stroganoff with wilted kale & parm for dinner.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dinner looks good but :stare: at the pics. goddamn

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

dinner looks good but :stare: at the pics. goddamn

Photography is one of many hobbies and I can't shoot much outside of the house right now :stonklol:

edit -

Not to be outdone my wife made Oreo Biscuits & Gravy

charliebravo77 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 11, 2020

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I've had to take pictures for work as a journalist a bunch, but nice photography always reminds me I peaked at "picture taker" lol. Gorgeous!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Yesterday I walked to the little farm by my house for their first weekly farmstand of the season and got a big bag of swiss chard, garlic scapes, radishes, carrots and arugula. Last night I made pan-roasted chicken breasts over polenta with creamed swiss chard and garlic scape and carrot top pesto, which I do not have photos of. But tonight I made a stir-fry with some chashu-style pork loin I had sitting around, plus the carrots, radishes and arugula, along with some of an old red onion, ginger, and some garlic that was honestly sprouting pretty aggressively. Wouldn’t have thought to include arugula in a stir-fry, it was my fiance’s idea and it came out pretty excellent.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Last night we grilled chicken kabobs.

Sorry got destroyed before I could snag a pic.

Dessert was apple berry crisp.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Arglebargle III posted:

I didn't have curry powder for dahl.

There’s not many dhals better than Dishoom’s signature Black Dhal. This recipe is the closest I’ve found to the real thing, it will destroy most other dhals you’ve eaten, and it doesn’t use curry powder. Sure, it takes twenty four hours, but we all have a lot of time on our hands at the moment.

https://iamafoodblog.com/dishooms-black-dal-and-garlic-naan/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Torquemada posted:

There’s not many dhals better than Dishoom’s signature Black Dhal. This recipe is the closest I’ve found to the real thing, it will destroy most other dhals you’ve eaten, and it doesn’t use curry powder. Sure, it takes twenty four hours, but we all have a lot of time on our hands at the moment.

https://iamafoodblog.com/dishooms-black-dal-and-garlic-naan/

I wonder how much the cook time actually improves the dish vs say a 6h ish simmer for example.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It seems fiddly, but I can’t argue with the result, it’s magic.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
jeera aloo

khachapuri

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Holy poo poo ^^^

Easter brunch!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Sous vide lamb leg serious eats style with black mustard and cumin. Browned up the lamb trimmings, pressure cooked them in homemade chicken stock, and used the rendered fat to roast the root vegetables. Browned the lamb roast in cast iron and then turned the fat and fond into mushroom gravy with the lamb infused stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce and msg. e: and a little lemon juice. plus classic no-marshmallow sweet potato casserole

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 12, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BrianBoitano posted:

Holy poo poo ^^^

Easter brunch!

gently caress now I want kringle :(

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Under lockdown so didn’t get to enjoy Easter traditions like my grandma’s antipasto or my mom’s macaroni and gravy.

My wife was feeling chicken parm though, so that’s what we made.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Easter without family this year thanks to the world falling apart, so I pulled out a pork loin that’s been languishing in the freezer. Marinaded it overnight in a Cuban style mojo (Orange, lemon, lime, a gently caress ton of garlic, cumin, bay, oregano, salt, pepper) and roasted it with onions. Reduced the baked onions with some more onions and all the pan drippings and leftover marinade til they turned into delicious citrus onion mush. Crispy smashed taters, roasted Brussels sprouts.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Tempura! Maitake, morels, oyster mushrooms, asparagus, sweet potato, green onion, sablefish (skin-on), kakiage (scallops instead of oysters). Peanut oil at 350F. Batter is 1.33:1 sparkling water to flour (flour is 50/50 cake flour and potato starch). Started prepping at 4pm; alternated between stove and eating. Didn't finish till 8.30pm. So worth it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

macaroni and gravy

What kind of gravy are we talking about here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Roast chicken, garlic spuds and salad: