Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Shipon posted:

california's economy is only so big by virtue of the fact that it's in the united states, i guarantee you it would not be in the top ten largest economies if it were its own sovereign nation

California is a manufacturing, shipping, mining, technology, entertainment, and agricultural powerhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I think we can keep going until the coasts are underwater and we face an internal refugee crisis, so like 50 years?

Won't be pretty prior to that, mind you, but I don't think the US balkanizes before then if we just continue to suck in our current state.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol if you think America wouldn't blockade, sanction, invade or coup any independent california

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol if you think America wouldn't blockade, sanction, invade or coup any independent california

Jeff Bezos owns the cia though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

how the gently caress do you suppose America would blockade California's ports without California's naval bases? lol. especially if WA and HI go with them.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ft Sumter is an example of what happens with Federal military property in a seceded state.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PeterCat posted:

Ft Sumter is an example of what happens with Federal military property in a seceded state.

president dipshit bungles the response and starts a civil war?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

how the gently caress do you suppose America would blockade California's ports without California's naval bases? lol. especially if WA and HI go with them.

So wait California secedes and the entire military voluntarily decides to stay in California

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RasperFat posted:

California is a manufacturing, shipping, mining, technology, entertainment, and agricultural powerhouse.

Yeah, California would lose a ton of money if its federal taxes were paid to itself and it charged the United States for its goods and services.

Me am do good smart at economy.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
secede cali

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

So wait California secedes and the entire military voluntarily decides to stay in California

their equipment sure as gently caress would, lol

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Can you please take the whole west half of the country with you? I promise I'll help with the dishes and take out the trash.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The important thing to remember about California, though, is that they're responsible for Nixon, Reagan, Kamala Harris, Diane Feinstein, and Nancy Pelosi.

They are thoroughly, to their very souls, neoliberal cucks that can't even be so bold as to finance reforms for homelessness or prisons.

It's a wasteland of spineless libs who believe that better things aren't possible.

So I wouldn't waste any time thinking about the possible ramifications of dickless Californians doing something to rock the boat.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

Invasion would depend on what kind of nuclear cabability an independent California retains when it leaves.

The other things though, yes, absolutely.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'd believe you found a Boston sports fan that's not a racist before I believed you found a Californian with a spine.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A4R8 posted:

lol Silicon Valley capital would just rule the rest of the country like the already do with most of the world

Cali is valuable because of farmland, everything else is far less valuable than that plot of lands ability to pump out calories.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1248319731536408579?s=19

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There's only two places in America that would actually secede. Alaska, because those people are loving nuts, and Philly, just as a goof.

Philly would have a guy in the full generalissimo / Qaddafi chest of medals outfit saying he's going to nuke the meadowlands and cowboys arena.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wooooo!!!!! bernie finally delivers on his promise of delivering my yard sign and t-shirt!!!! :negative:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The important thing to remember about California, though, is that they're responsible for Nixon, Reagan, Kamala Harris, Diane Feinstein, and Nancy Pelosi.

They are thoroughly, to their very souls, neoliberal cucks that can't even be so bold as to finance reforms for homelessness or prisons.

It's a wasteland of spineless libs who believe that better things aren't possible.

So I wouldn't waste any time thinking about the possible ramifications of dickless Californians doing something to rock the boat.

change won't be led by the white liberals of the state, it will be against them lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

wooooo!!!!! bernie finally delivers on his promise of delivering my yard sign and t-shirt!!!! :negative:

Hey listen I really don't loving need this. It's not cute anymore. It's weird and obsessive.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

honestly this is very good and not unsurprising from bernie. i am glad he kept people on it until november.

i wonder if any of warren's team got this? :thinkface:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Strong Sauce posted:

honestly this is very good and not unsurprising from bernie. i am glad he kept people on it until november.

i wonder if any of warren's team got this? :thinkface:

She probably made them find their own way home with no money or cell phone.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

so this is what 2020 has come down to, role playing cali secession

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Cali isn't seceding, dumbasses

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyone that wants california to secede knows jack and poo poo about gavbot newsom or the state in general

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

There is no movement for California to secede, it's one twitter weirdo

There's actually more support for breaking California into multiple states

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Rastor posted:

There is no movement for California to secede, it's one twitter weirdo

There's actually more support for breaking California into multiple states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7CO3bSIJ9U

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The chad Bernie. The virgin Yang.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

There's only two places in America that would actually secede. Alaska, because those people are loving nuts, and Philly, just as a goof.

Philly would have a guy in the full generalissimo / Qaddafi chest of medals outfit saying he's going to nuke the meadowlands and cowboys arena.

How can I donate to this man

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If California seceded it would instantly break into its own civil war as northern and southern California do not get along at all.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

If California seceded it would instantly break into its own civil war as northern and southern California do not get along at all.

if socal rightfully accepted its status as norcal's bitch everything would be fine

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I'd believe you found a Boston sports fan that's not a racist before I believed you found a Californian with a spine.

as a californian, same

krispy kreme is still poo poo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if socal rightfully accepted its status as norcal's bitch everything would be fine

:hai:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
There’s no legal/constitutional basis for California to secede. which, I know, lol rule of law, I just mean that the feds would feel justified in doing literally whatever they wanted to put it down.

of course with captain toddler steering the ship that would probably mean nukes

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

RasperFat posted:

its not an empire though so who gives a poo poo? they wouldnt retain their wealth

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

canada could start making nice with the us coasts and get the majority of our GDP while leaving all our red states to be absorbed into mexico

canada: america's hat with earflaps

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If (very hypothetically) California did peacably secede, i wonder what kind of immigration between the NCR and USA you would see. Would the Elites in the other 49 states flock to Cali? Would everyone flee? Who could say.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Peaceful secession of California while I would welcome it, would never be tolerated, and California would be a Yemen in less than a fortnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

as a californian, same

krispy kreme is still poo poo

this is a pro level troll