Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm doing a replay of the Mass Effect trilogy and am about 1/3rd of the way done through 2. I went right from 1 to 2 and it's been fun but they're similar enough that I feel I've been playing one game that's dragging out a bit too long. I've never played 3 (clerk put my preorder for the wrong console, rip) but I think I'm gonna take a break after I'm done with ME2 to go onto a different game. How are the FF7 remake and Person 5 remix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
quarantine movie list:

Jason and the Argonauts - the special effects are good. the movie ends before the story does. you never see Jason finish his task. Jason sounds like Phil Hartman doing a voice.

Shaft - this was disappointing. there are a ton of audio and lighting problems. Moses Gunn steals the show as Bumpy the gangster.

The Crimson Kimono - this was pretty good. Zephram Cochrane from Star Trek is a cop with a Japanese-American nisei partner, and he's about to learn a lot about race relations. there is a murder plot that is largely ignored.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

Love water, I wish there was a craze right now of fancy flavored non-carbonated water but that's
literally not a thing.

There's no better beverage in this world than a tall glass of ice water.

When you're coming in on a hot day, and you drink so fast that you spill it on your shirt, oh man what a dream

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Seth Rollins posted:

Jason and the Argonauts

So good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like flavoured water but I really don't like sweetened flavoured water. Basically I want it to taste like someone squeezed a lemon or whatever into my fizzy water. This seems to be easy to find in the US (including alcoholic versions as White Claw etc) and almost impossible to find in the UK

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I drink a whole Britta filter every day, but I loves me some grapefruit seltzer. Safeway has my favorite variety, but pamplemousse La Croix will do in a pinch, even if it's worse and more expensive.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TTBF posted:

I'm doing a replay of the Mass Effect trilogy and am about 1/3rd of the way done through 2. I went right from 1 to 2 and it's been fun but they're similar enough that I feel I've been playing one game that's dragging out a bit too long. I've never played 3 (clerk put my preorder for the wrong console, rip) but I think I'm gonna take a break after I'm done with ME2 to go onto a different game. How are the FF7 remake and Person 5 remix?

I hear nothing but good things about Final Fantasy 7. Persona 5 Royale is better in every way from the base version which was already a great game. I love jrpgs so I give it a 10 but be warned it's loving long.

Also might i suggest modding ME3 before you play it if you're playing on PC? The expanded galaxy mod, priority earth mod, A LOT OF TEXTURES mod are all great and really help improve the experience.

I also like the happy ending mod that changes up the ending that's a little more enjoyable. Also whatever you do make sure you play Citadel DLC last.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

I have misplaced my last remaining fork somewhere in my very small flat. Why am I like this?

Seriously, where do spoons and forks go, I still have a million butterknives.

I never leave dishes anywhere other than the sink right before washing and somehow I'm buying spoons and forks like every couple years because they just disappear. I think they go to the same place socks go when those disappear forever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/technidiff/status/1247943030423896066

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I put about an eighth of a liter of 100% cranberry juice into a bottle of water every day to drink with dinner. Tastes good and is a nice sweet treat after drinking plain water and black coffee the rest of the day.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Shard posted:

Also might i suggest modding ME3 before you play it if you're playing on PC? The expanded galaxy mod, priority earth mod, A LOT OF TEXTURES mod are all great and really help improve the experience.

I also like the happy ending mod that changes up the ending that's a little more enjoyable. Also whatever you do make sure you play Citadel DLC last.

I'm modding the poo poo out of the ME games. Not just the graphics overhauls, but things like skipping the elevators and loading screens. Since I beat it both renegade and paragon not long after coming out, I've been doing things like mods to get rid of mini-games and other stuff that pads out time. I'll keep those in mind when it comes time to play ME3 but I might go mostly vanilla.

Good to know about the Citadel DLC.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Seriously, where do spoons and forks go, I still have a million butterknives.

I never leave dishes anywhere other than the sink right before washing and somehow I'm buying spoons and forks like every couple years because they just disappear. I think they go to the same place socks go when those disappear forever.

I kept losing silverware every move until my hoarder great uncles went to a retirement home. They gave me all their utensils. Decades worth of them. I could have lost half and not noticed. Years later one of my roommates would steal them all and try to lay the blame on his fiance.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Brut posted:

Sparkling water can be ok if you know in advance you're drinking it, I ordered water at a McDonalds in Germany when I was like 8 and was surprised when I took a sip of what they gave me.

There are all kinds of mostly incorrect stereotypes about the Germans out there. The one everyone should actually know because it’s true for 99.9% of Germans is that they loving love their Sprudelwasser. You WILL get served sparkling water in Germany whether you like it or not (so better start liking it).

And they’re serious about their preferences too, everyone has their exact brand and type they always keep stocked in their home. Like families will have cases of different sparkling waters for every family member and they won’t touch anyone else’s poo poo

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 9, 2020

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

cold-brewed teas are my current favorite for keeping hydrated. not that I don’t still love carbonated drinks and popular colas, but the teas are cheaper. also since I’ve started drinking it regularly I’ve shed like ten or fifteen lbs without even trying so hell yeah, gonna make me a gallon of jasmine tea later and it’s going to be delicious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

Also whatever you do make sure you play Citadel DLC last.

Seriously, it's a pitch-perfect love letter/ending to the trilogy.

"Best times of my life on that ship."
"Yeah. The best :shobon:"

:allears:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

PLEASE don’t make me want to replay the Mass Effect trilogy AGAIN. :argh:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Those cats which are like nude cats.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

New Red Dwarf happened and it doesn't appear anybody in the US can watch it. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, I had no idea there was a new season (special?) coming out.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Doc M posted:

Aw, I missed the Saints Row chat earlier.

Then The Third came out and went ":imunfunny: LOL PURPLE DILDOS AND LUCHADORES AND FURRY MASCOTS AND ZOMBIES XD" while constantly nudging you in the ribs to point out how wacky the whole world now was. Oh, you liked the crazy nonsense you could get up to in SR2? Well, here's an entire game like that! Remember when your character would randomly sing along to 80s songs in the car? You liked that, so here's this scripted singalong sequence (two of them in SRIV) to a 90s song! THEY'RE SUBLIMING, I LOVE IT MAGGLE! The Third is the better game in many ways, but I never thought it was nearly as funny as it was pretending to be.

I enjoyed the dildo bat! :mad: Also I was eternally sad they got rid of the zombie voice after spending hours to make my handsome god of a character and have him grunting and groaning during cutscenes. I could never stop laughing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Oh poo poo, I had no idea there was a new season (special?) coming out.
It finished airing like an hour ago and I can't find it. :(

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jiro posted:

I enjoyed the dildo bat!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Love water, I wish there was a craze right now of fancy flavored non-carbonated water but that's
literally not a thing.

https://www.drinkhint.com/

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, it's a pitch-perfect love letter/ending to the trilogy.

I wish I could. I really, really wish I could, but the ending was such an utter and complete slap in the face that I've never touched a Mass Effect game since. I've never been more disappointed in a game's ending in my life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I also hated it, but after the Citadel DLC came out here's how I now approach the ending to Mass Effect 3:

Virtual Kid Nobody Has Any Emotional Connection To: If you push this button it will destroy the Reapers, howev-
Shepard: :f5:
Reapers blow up, Shepherd is seen breathing at the end, gets rescued and taken back to the Citadel
Shepard: Now that I've recovered, let's have a fun party!
Normandy Crew, Who All Survived: :slick::dance::cheers::woop:

Good times, great memories.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Kvantum posted:

I wish I could. I really, really wish I could, but the ending was such an utter and complete slap in the face that I've never touched a Mass Effect game since. I've never been more disappointed in a game's ending in my life.
Everybody said this so much that I'm never gonna' bother. Sure, there's a chance that I invest hundreds of hours into a series that might speak to me in ways it doesn't to a lot of people who hated its ending, like Lost, or Battlestar Galactica, but I'm not potentially throwing away that much time on something whose ending could ultimately result in me being unable to enjoy everything leading up to it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

i'm down for a jackin'

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It finished airing like an hour ago and I can't find it. :(

If you've got a proxy you would be able to watch it on https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/ as it is up there already

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I played all 3 Mass Effect around the time of their release and I don't really understand all the story poo poo people are upset about, the main party/save the world/whatever story always seemed generic and I don't really care how they end it, the cool story parts of those games to me was the Krogan genetic poo poo/war poo poo, the Quarians, the citadel politics poo poo...maybe the Elcor to some extent.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when it comes to mass effect 3 nobody ever complains about how the sidequests feel like they were all made by one person over the course of a week. run past nameless npcs, overhear them say one line about something, go out to some planet and kill X or get X in your inventory by killing Y, then incidentally run past that same npc again eventually and automatically receive your unsatisfying reward

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

If you've got a proxy you would be able to watch it on https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/ as it is up there already
THANK YOU!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

For God's sake give Io some shrimp :negative:

I gave her a piece but she didnt eat it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh, cool. Couldn't make it five minutes in before they started playing with transphobia. :(

Edit: It's not super egregious and is easily explained away. I'm just... I'm tired.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

I gave her a piece but she didnt eat it.

This is the cat way :hai:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what’s everyone’s favorite mushroom

i like chanterelles they’re pretty and taste pretty

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
chicken of the woods

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

poo poo takers

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I like a nice pan fried king oyster mushroom, but my favorite has to be cubensis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm the one person. Even with all the last minute zero day patching, it was still a crazy mess. The combat and the exploration were pretty tight tho. Story could use a little better bake but as a jumping off point for a new series, it was good stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

I like Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm the one person. Even with all the last minute zero day patching, it was still a crazy mess. The combat and the exploration were pretty tight tho. Story could use a little better bake but as a jumping off point for a new series, it was good stuff.
Apparently not since it did so poorly it soured the series and it is now on indefinite hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao i slayed the spire as defect for the first time and literally 20 seconds later had to high tail it with the most vicious rear end blasting diarrhea dook of all time. the spire always gets the last laugh. anyways yeah mass effect is cool