Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248379735308025857

edit for angry bird tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/Sludge/status/1248362054894878720

Joey Pizza

https://www.opensecrets.org/search?order=desc&q=Pizza&sort=D&type=donors

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

When chloroquine hits your eye
Like Joey Pizza's wife
That's emoluments

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he is such a loving sociopathic moron.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's going to be his equivalent of Romney's 47%

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump takes like 2 questions then bails now, fun.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Lowering Medicare to age 60 makes no sense

If private insurance isn't good enough then let everyone into Medicare. If it is good enough why do you need to let people into Medicare before retirement age?

How about gently caress old people and just let people from age 0 to 30 on instead.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Derngit, we're never gonna get votes from people whose parents were killed! I mean we will but maybe not some of them

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pick posted:

That's going to be his equivalent of Romney's 47%

He does a level 11 Mitt Romney gaffe about once an hour

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1248380134840619010?s=21

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Binders fulla corpses

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PIZZAGATE 3.0

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Joey Pizza would be too silly a name for even the shittiest mob movie.

AYYYYY JOEY PIZZA! I"M GETTIN ADRENOCHONE OVA HERE!

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
I'm still watching the press briefings, but I'm making a game out of it. I do a shot every time someone says "comorbidities".

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/RepDonBeyer/status/1248357740990341131?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

my nurse friend thinks PA or at least the area we are in it will peak next week or the following. i assume the virus is still spreading hard in parts of the country because of inadequact tests and various red states and weirdos.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

He does a level 11 Mitt Romney gaffe about once an hour

Yeah, Trump's supporters like him for doing that. They want someone who is cruel, racist and awful.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Trump takes like 2 questions then bails now, fun.

The press is getting tired of this circus and actually trying to push back and he can’t handle it at all. Also this whole thing is wearing him the gently caress out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Trump's supporters like him for doing that. They want someone who is cruel, racist and awful.

yeah, but they arnt the majority thankfully.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Better look out, Joey Pizza...

Matthew Calamari's coming for that rear end.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Everyone is looking for the corruption angle on this because there's always a corruption angle on Trump, but the simpler answer is that lovely reporting of a fake study got a ton of attention because the news media has no loving clue how to report on science and health topics, then Trump latched onto it as a quick fix for his problems. Pizza might have pushed for it after the media latched onto it, but there doesn't need to be a trail of people who told Trump about hydroxychloroquine because it was all over television and we know he doesn't do anything except watch that.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

karthun posted:

I DO understand how pervasive the upper echelon of privatized education is in the US. And I understand the incestuous cycle between "top" tier private schools and federal elected officials and their staffers who graduated from these same private schools. Any graduate who attended a public school gets hired in district offices handling constituent services where graduates from "top" tier private schools get hired in DC to work on policy initiatives. It is the DC staffers who are then hired to work in the White House. That's why it needs to be destroyed and all of its graduates denied government positions. I don't have any pity for them.

If they went to a private university and took out public loans they DID demand that the state pay for it under a promise to pay the loans back in the future.

It's one thing to argue for tuition-free university being limited to public universities so as not to subsidize that gap, but where loan forgiveness is concerned, the people who are really eating the most poo poo right now are ones who went to middling private universities and SLACs that don't have that magic springboard into the elite or people who had better prospects out-of-state. Ivy, Stanford, MIT, etc. students don't usually get deep into debt because they either received grants or are from rich families.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, but they arnt the majority thankfully.

They are the majority in every meaningful way because they are a united front. It doesn't matter if they are a number minority because they can and will vote for Trump/the GOP no matter what and that is more important than having more supporters who don't/can't/won't vote.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1248379618370838531

holy gently caress what?????

e: oh its in the CARES act

lmao trump is at least smart enough to tout the good parts of the law

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The core of the GOP is racism and white resentment so it makes sense.
He's the avatar of every boomer that peaked in high school.

So want to take bets on when he tries to reopen everything and how many people end up in the hospital 2 weeks after that?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The press is getting tired of this circus and actually trying to push back and he can’t handle it at all. Also this whole thing is wearing him the gently caress out.

yeah, he is used to his rallys where he can just jerk off and scream bullshit and etc and people will clap. reporters are loving tired and mad and see the facts for what they are. he is gonna stop taking questions soon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Spite posted:

The core of the GOP is racism and white resentment so it makes sense.
He's the avatar of every boomer that peaked in high school.

So want to take bets on when he tries to reopen everything and how many people end up in the hospital 2 weeks after that?

i am guessing tomorrow or saturday.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Everyone is looking for the corruption angle on this because there's always a corruption angle on Trump, but the simpler answer is that lovely reporting of a fake study got a ton of attention because the news media has no loving clue how to report on science and health topics, then Trump latched onto it as a quick fix for his problems. Pizza might have pushed for it after the media latched onto it, but there doesn't need to be a trail of people who told Trump about hydroxychloroquine because it was all over television and we know he doesn't do anything except watch that.

I don't disagree I'm just sayin'

JOEY PIZZA

What do you want me to do with this information, God? You give it to me but give me no guidance...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He’s not going to try and reopen things before May 1. Then it’ll be up to the good governors to tell him to gently caress off and hope he wilts under that opposition. Which is probably a good bet.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did we talk about how poorly Crenshaw did against one of the dumber guys alive when it came to healthcare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7hjzaM9gs

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am guessing tomorrow or saturday.

He doesn't have the power to do anything or open anything. The states can ignore him unless he wants to cause a crisis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

He doesn't have the power to do anything or open anything. The states can ignore him unless he wants to cause a crisis

oh i know. but he will just say it and get mad when no one responds.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1248339771933556736

seriously, this is like the least inspiring policy i can imagine.

how on earth is anyone gonna be motivated to vote for biden with poo poo like this

even goddamn HILLARY campaigned on lowering medicare to 55

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

iunno about poll results or anything but there's 100% gonna be 'muslims after 9/11' levels of racism against asians once people are out of their houses again
From quite a few pages ago, but this already started happening here in NE Mexico. I'm assuming it ain't much better elsewhere. :(

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Oh so this is the real Pizzagate

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm telling you, his plan is to "recommend reopening the country". Governors won't do it, and he gets to blame them in November.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

You know, I kinda partially feel like anyone who trusted the Trump family even well before the last decade should just eat their losses for being some of the dumbest morons to exist. I mean god, in Jr. High in the 90's we knew the Trumps were scumbags

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm telling you, his plan is to "recommend reopening the country". Governors won't do it, and he gets to blame them in November.

Hard to do when the competent governors are seeing 70% approval ratings right now.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Wark Say posted:

From quite a few pages ago, but this already started happening here in NE Mexico. I'm assuming it ain't much better elsewhere. :(

An Asian woman in NYC got acid thrown on her and some nutjob stabbed several members of an Asian family including a five year old IIRC, all in the last week or so. And that's just what has been reported on.

It's definitely not getting better any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

You know, I kinda partially feel like anyone who trusted the Trump family even well before the last decade should just eat their losses for being some of the dumbest morons to exist. I mean god, in Jr. High in the 90's we knew the Trumps were scumbags

Felt like I was on crazy pills after the election when people looked at me funny for saying Trump is a moron. I live in a part of the country where he was an infamous failed business oaf long before the Apprentice came along.