Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd be up for a new version of the knight Spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Medieval Spawn? Pretty sure Todd doesnt own that anymore.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Isn’t Medieval Spawn in limbo because he’s supposed to be partially owned by Gaiman?

He was always my favorite because my friend who had all the toys always had to be regular Spawn when we played Super Spawn Bros.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but that toy doesn’t look that great for $40.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

McFarlane has been on a crusade for years to make his character a household name. I respect the hustle but it's also kind of funny he's still on it.

I don't think I ever told you guys this story, but when I was in high school there was a Wizard magazine custom action figure contest which I think was sponsored by McFarlane, and as a joke I made a Todd McFarlane action figure. It was pretty much just a repainted Toy Biz cartoon Peter Parker, with a baseball cap sculpted on, and a Spawn logo painted on the back of his jacket. As an accessory I gave him a green balloon which I labeled as his "inflatable ego."

They never published pictures of it in the magazine... but they quietly sent me a box of prizes. I'm guessing they were pretty amused, but didn't want to cross him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Isn’t Medieval Spawn in limbo because he’s supposed to be partially owned by Gaiman?

He was always my favorite because my friend who had all the toys always had to be regular Spawn when we played Super Spawn Bros.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but that toy doesn’t look that great for $40.

Yeah, Neil created that version of Spawn, Angela and Cogliostro so Todd can never use them again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hell, Angela got a Marvel Legends figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure Todd just seethed over that. She's likely going to be in GotG3 which will probably induce a stroke in him.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t get it, is McFarlane Toys short of money?

Nope, they just signed a deal to make DC stuff.

The bigger issue and he kinda spells it out in the video is that Spawn isn't a hot property and what is left of Toy retail isn't interested in stocking Spawn stuff. So the Kickstarter seems to be a mixture of trying to prove to those entities that there is a demand for Spawn and probably trying make a little extra money on the deal compared to a retail situation.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If he wants Spawn to make a comeback he should really try to get him another cartoon or maybe an actually good video game for the character

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Hell, Angela got a Marvel Legends figure.

Mod Edit: Copy/pasted text dump in extremely bad taste.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 9, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Djarum posted:

Nope, they just signed a deal to make DC stuff.

And, much more importantly, Warhammer 40,000 figures.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

drrockso20 posted:

If he wants Spawn to make a comeback he should really try to get him another cartoon or maybe an actually good video game for the character

Spawn was just added as a DLC character for the latest Mortal Kombat game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1248315356055310340?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat, I want that Scareglow but I spent a lot of money this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you put it on a credit card then you only have to spend it in future weeks!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

drat, I'm tempted to get that Designer Con Skeletor.

edit: It's sold out now anyway.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 9, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Spawn was just added as a DLC character for the latest Mortal Kombat game.

Yeah I know, I meant a standalone one

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nobody wants a stand-alone Spawn game.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d rent it on Netflix. I enjoyed the last one that came out

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Nobody wants a stand-alone Spawn game.

Are you kidding me? I'd play the hell out of a good Batman-styled game as Spawn, like the titles of the late 2000s.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe I do want that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just play the Darkness. It’s virtually the same thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s not spawn

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No it's generally better.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

drrockso20 posted:

He was self financing a movie reboot, but he recently started claiming that Joker's success made Hollywoo interested again so he's shopping it around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He claimed Jamie Foxx was attached to star in it for like 15 years.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Just play the Darkness. It’s virtually the same thing.

If you mean the second one then yeah that would be pretty close to what I'd like to see in a Spawn game

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s funny that there has been Venom and Ghost Rider movies since the first Spawn, so now he gets to look unoriginal in the movies too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Arkham City meets Prototype? I guess that could work if it had Witcher style quest and story design.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I watched a review for the Truforce Collectibles Megaman X and decided to pick one up, made an offer on ebay for one and got it for a good bit less than retail, which I'm already happy with. Then I got it and it's basically brand new, everything except the figure/stuff in the plastic insert was still sealed and everything(certain accessories/instructions etc), the figure was even still in the plastic sheet it originally shipped in, dude who owned it before really kept everything in great shape.

I cannot believe how much this figure weighs. He's a bit under 6 inches tall and weighs about eight ounces without accessories! He's packed full of diecast and the paintjob is excellent. Only thing is the arms are a little loose, but the arm cannon can still support at least the backblast + first half of the cannon shot(basically the "lemon" shot) unsupported, but needs a second support arm on the stand to hold the fully charged blast shot. The knees are really goddamn nice and the articulation allows for a full contact calf-to-thigh connection without showing super obvious joints, it's really really nicely done. Feet are absurdly stable and have significant joints allowing for a ridiculous amount of poseability, and the head's got double joints in the neck so he can basically position his head in any way a human normally can.

really happy with this figure, if you like Megaman X and can find one, definitely pick it up especially if it's cheap.

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t get it, is McFarlane Toys short of money?
I work at UPS and cannot loving believe the number of McFarlane Toys boxes we ship, so I'm gonna say they're probably doing alright, but kickstarter is guaranteed money so why the hell not especially in these uncertain times

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Todd is doing fine he just wanted to do a Kickstarter.

And why not? High profile Kickstarters drum a ton of press, far more than if he just solicited the figure to retailers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
watched a handful of reviews and ultimately was sold on a few items. specifically, the above megaman figure, the planet x mors third party starscream, and the Toy Forge Astrobots. All three of these I found for cheaper than normal(mors was MUCH CHEAPER, though it seems they raised his price from 64% off to about half off) and the Astrobots showed up today.

They're fantastic! the sturdiness, articulation, and stability of these figures is a dream. hell, I grabbed a pen and had one hold it out in their hand like holding out a sword or something and it held it no problem, and didn't fall over from the lopsided weight. they can hold almost any pose you can think of and the fingers even have sturdy joints at the hand connection, allowing for, well, open palm single handstands for example:

if you can find'em for sale, I highly recommend them, I've been sitting here fiddling with them for like 20 minutes now. think I'll break out the gunpla accessory bin and see what sort of ridiculous weaponry they can hold.

edit: looks like they're back in stock at tfsource:

https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a01-apollo/
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a02-argus/

70 bucks is not bad at all for these guys, they're super high quality and really fun to play with.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 12, 2020

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Have any of you seen the new Play Arts Kai FF7 remake Cloud/Barret/Tifa/Aerith? They look SO good, I might just end up getting one of them!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've decided to sell my deluxe Snake Eyes, as well as my Buffy library.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Have any of you seen the new Play Arts Kai FF7 remake Cloud/Barret/Tifa/Aerith? They look SO good, I might just end up getting one of them!

They had the Cloud for sale at PAX, but it was already sold out by day 2 when I got in line.

They're really nice, although I remember when PAK figures were like figma prices.

Edit: Turns out I was off even there. They were Marvel Legends priced.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 12, 2020

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Captain Invictus posted:

I watched a review for the Truforce Collectibles Megaman X and decided to pick one up, made an offer on ebay for one and got it for a good bit less than retail, which I'm already happy with. Then I got it and it's basically brand new, everything except the figure/stuff in the plastic insert was still sealed and everything(certain accessories/instructions etc), the figure was even still in the plastic sheet it originally shipped in, dude who owned it before really kept everything in great shape.

I cannot believe how much this figure weighs. He's a bit under 6 inches tall and weighs about eight ounces without accessories! He's packed full of diecast and the paintjob is excellent. Only thing is the arms are a little loose, but the arm cannon can still support at least the backblast + first half of the cannon shot(basically the "lemon" shot) unsupported, but needs a second support arm on the stand to hold the fully charged blast shot. The knees are really goddamn nice and the articulation allows for a full contact calf-to-thigh connection without showing super obvious joints, it's really really nicely done. Feet are absurdly stable and have significant joints allowing for a ridiculous amount of poseability, and the head's got double joints in the neck so he can basically position his head in any way a human normally can.

really happy with this figure, if you like Megaman X and can find one, definitely pick it up especially if it's cheap.

I work at UPS and cannot loving believe the number of McFarlane Toys boxes we ship, so I'm gonna say they're probably doing alright, but kickstarter is guaranteed money so why the hell not especially in these uncertain times

Fun story, TruForce basically kickstarted paying Sentinel to design the actual figure for them and manufacture it. Sentinel has revived the line with a Megaman X in falcon Armor Riobot figure after TruForce did a few repaints of the original X figure then admitted they weren't going to get around to that Zero design in the same style. Unfortunately, that does mean paying Sentinel prices, but it's up for pre-order and looks pretty gorgeous. https://www.hlj.com/riobot-rockman-x-falcon-armor-ver-eiichi-simizu-set88042

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I've decided to sell my deluxe Snake Eyes, as well as my Buffy library.

How much for the library?

Captain Invictus posted:

Toy Forge Astrobots.

They're actually made by Toy Notch and they are loving awesome. The jet/gun/spider bot pack is coming out soon, as well as Athena and Vulcan!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 12, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Those look incredible, and I want all of them even though I'm not big into Final Fantasy. The character designs are just awesome and those figures are real works of art.

I think it was early PAK figures that used to show up at random retail stores many years ago, and for a while there was this boxed set of Cloud and his motorcycle that I totally wanted but couldn't justify the "unreasonable" price, which in retrospect was probably like $40. I've pretty much kicked myself for not buying it ever since.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have that. The MSRP was $80. $95 today with inflation. The MSRP of the figures alone today is $150.

They also had a collector's edition of FF7R for $330 with Cloud and a bike. For some reason their Advent Children Cloud/bike set is $370 and that doesn't even come with a game.

They're much better today of course but it's still funny to see the difference. Also the scale changed so I probably can't use the 2008 bike with the new Cloud.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yeah it says they're 10" tall? That's kind of huge for that type of figure.

Edit: Also for game + Cloud + bike that seems like kind of a steal, relatively, but I don't actually own a Playstation... Apparently it might come out on PC after a year? Don't know if there will be an action figure edition of that.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 13, 2020