Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I know plenty about that. Shatter is cheaper and just as effective. Man up and smoke hash.

Moon rocks are a novelty. But hey, smoke what you want, I'm not paying for it.

I can't watch people talking at a camera like that. poo poo is just off-putting.

Where the gently caress do you think I'm quarantined at? Istanbul or some poo poo? gently caress I've never seen that poo poo stateside. Also gently caress you, imma enjoy my Swiss chocolate novelty weed, all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hash = shatter/wax to me. Sucks about your locality and their oppressive drug laws. Just gonna scratch my balls here with my Colorado ID and medical card.

In the land of $12/g shatter, uh, yeah.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
On the other hand turn Mars into a Forgeworld for humanities future expansion.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

McNally posted:

There isn't a lot of aluminum in moon rocks. The big two are oxygen and silicon (which, I guess, is silica), followed by iron and calcium before aluminum.

Also Helium, which is just an alpha particle from radioactive decay that found some electrons. Once we start running out of helium, our options are to wait for a whole bunch more radon to decay, or harvest helium from something that has been bombarded by solar wind for eons, like the moon.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

gently caress that we're mining The Sun

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

gently caress that we're mining The Sun

Aahahaha that av

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah it owns too much to change back

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
idiots. just mine Jupiter for all that liquid metal

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

idiots. just mine Jupiter for all that liquid metal

And the big diamond at the centre

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If the Expanse is correct mining anything at all is a huge pain in the rear end and a giant water boulder will smash the gently caress out of your arm and you can't do anything about it.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hash = shatter/wax to me. Sucks about your locality and their oppressive drug laws. Just gonna scratch my balls here with my Colorado ID and medical card.

In the land of $12/g shatter, uh, yeah.

Ohhhhh. Nah then I've def had proper shatter and crumble. Those prices sound good af. My boy in Cali pays a shitton at those dispensaries. What's the deal with your tax situation over there?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

quote:

In phone calls with outside advisers, Trump has even floated trying to reopen much of the country before the end of this month, when the current federal recommendations to avoid social gatherings and work from home expire, the people said. Trump regularly looks at unemployment and stock market numbers, complaining that they are hurting his presidency and reelection prospects, the people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trump-reopen-us-economy/2020/04/09/10d42b4a-7a7b-11ea-9bee-c5bf9d2e3288_story.html

If we “reopen the economy” as soon as Trump wants, it’ll probably erase whatever gains we’ve made in fighting the virus while the economy still craters. So we’ll still have a severe recession or depression AND a lot of people dead.

This government is doing its best to get a lot of people killed.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/trump-reopen-us-economy/2020/04/09/10d42b4a-7a7b-11ea-9bee-c5bf9d2e3288_story.html

If we “reopen the economy” as soon as Trump wants, it’ll probably erase whatever gains we’ve made in fighting the virus while the economy still craters. So we’ll still have a severe recession or depression AND a lot of people dead.

This government is doing its best to get a lot of people killed.

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1248574067994767360

edit: sigh.... you guys are so hosed

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1248574029289619458

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 10, 2020

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Just on case anybody was wondering how Lynchburg's little gestapo state was doing...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/liberty-university-presses-charges-against-journalists-who-covered-campus-being-n1180731

quote:

The only reason that trespassing accusations weren’t made against Elizabeth Williamson, the Times reporter who wrote about Liberty on March 29, was because eyewitnesses could not be found, Falwell said.

I really like the Lynchburg area except this university and how local law enforcement treats the homeless there (another story entirely). It's becoming more and more of a "company" town where Falwell branded projects and businesses take precedence over all else.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Is it just me or Invisible Enemy a uniquely terrifying phrase for a president to use

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Is it just me or Invisible Enemy a uniquely terrifying phrase for a president to use

At least he's not insisting on "Chinese virus" every time he mentions it anymore.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You just know thats coming back the day they send everyone back to work. "Its time to defend our economy which has been so meanly and badly under attack by the chinese virus" is my guess how he'll phrase it

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

I was thinking the same thing. He gets to pretend to be a wartime president and has an enemy against which to justify his actions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BurningChrome posted:

Ohhhhh. Nah then I've def had proper shatter and crumble. Those prices sound good af. My boy in Cali pays a shitton at those dispensaries. What's the deal with your tax situation over there?

Tax is next to nothing for medical, like 2%. Rec weed in Denver is taxed closer to 25%, but it's still affordable, ounces of flower around $100-150 after tax, wax closer to $20/g after tax.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tax is next to nothing for medical, like 2%. Rec weed in Denver is taxed closer to 25%, but it's still affordable, ounces of flower around $100-150 after tax, wax closer to $20/g after tax.

Yeah I don't think my friend has the medical hookup. I gotta ask him again what he was paying for a gram of shatter but it was way above 20/g

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh you can definitely pay more here. There are shops that still charge black market prohibition state prices.

Colorado Springs doesn't have rec weed, just medical. There are two rec shops Manitou Springs, they still charge $60/eighth after tax, because they're the only two rec shops in the county and people would have to drive to Denver or Pueblo to get rec otherwise.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

egyptian rat race posted:

Just on case anybody was wondering how Lynchburg's little gestapo state was doing...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/liberty-university-presses-charges-against-journalists-who-covered-campus-being-n1180731

I really like the Lynchburg area except this university and how local law enforcement treats the homeless there (another story entirely). It's becoming more and more of a "company" town where Falwell branded projects and businesses take precedence over all else.

Lynchburg should just go ahead and secessed from the Union again.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BigDave posted:

Lynchburg should just go ahead and secessed from the Union again.

Falwell has been pushing them to secede from Virginia and join up with West Virginia.
Can't imagine anyone making that move voluntarily.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Falwell has been pushing them to secede from Virginia and join up with West Virginia.
Can't imagine anyone making that move voluntarily.

Wait what

Do...do they not know why West Virginia is a separate state?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

egyptian rat race posted:

I'm very glad my sister lost her job in Lynchburg.

Unfortunately she took a new one in Florida so she's even more doomed.

Then again she works for a professional sports team so she probably won't have a job for much longer.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

BigDave posted:

Wait what

To be fair, a lot of West Virginians don’t either...

Source: Am West Virginian

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

West Virginia made one good decision and hasn't made any since

At least they gave us the McElroys

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BigDave posted:

Wait what

https://www.liberty.edu/champion/2020/02/president-jerry-falwell-and-west-virginia-urge-unhappy-counties-to-secede-and-join-west-virginia/

To be fair, West Virginia's government may well better represent the idiot views of the people in that part of the state.

Unrelated,
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1248590616151367686

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eej posted:

If the Expanse is correct mining anything at all is a huge pain in the rear end and a giant water boulder will smash the gently caress out of your arm and you can't do anything about it.

Ice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Internet Wizard posted:

So's "Enemy of the People" but the POTUS used that one so often directly at several news agencies that no one even blinks at it anymore.

Also lmao just listen to the 1st 30 seconds.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1248046216539242496

"within 5 years" , covid - 2019

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Pur-n-kleen company wouldn’t need a bailout. Ice hauling is essential service for beltalowda.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Internet Wizard posted:

It's technically true but loving stupid the same

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Retrowave Joe posted:

I got a great idea for west virginia's next motto: hate, not heritage

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Retrowave Joe posted:

Every time I drive through West Virginia I am amazed at how beautiful the state is. Then I stop for gas and have to interact with the locals and I remember why I never stay.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Hekk posted:

Every time I drive through West Virginia I am amazed at how beautiful the state is. Then I stop for gas and have to interact with the locals and I remember why I never stay.

Give it another twenty-thirty years and enough of the population will have either died or moved to surrounding states that we can turn it into the first statewide national park.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You could probably do that with half of Wyoming now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You could probably do that with half of Wyoming now.

Isn't half of the empty West Federal land already?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty much, BLM or parks. Difference is BLM land can be used for oil and gas exploration, cattle grazing, mining, that type of poo poo on lease.

It's why I'm considering the idea of travel-trailering at some point for a few years. Just move from BLM plot to BLM plot for a few weeks at a time.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 10, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hekk posted:

I see Alabama has a brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Isn't half of the empty West Federal land already?

The "Cheney Containment Zone" except it doesn't really work.