Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Casu Marzu posted:

Lutefisk is fine

:randno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Casu Marzu posted:

Lutefisk is fine

You would say that.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Expand your horizons, dickheads.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgY5zlZW5k

sohla legit the best. not only does she have a weed jar in her spice cabinet, she has a tobias funke sticker on her fridge :allears:

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

kloa posted:

sohla legit the best. not only does she have a weed jar in her spice cabinet, she has a tobias funke sticker on her fridge :allears:

3 kitchens into the video so far and they've all had dishwashers. In NYC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hahaha the obvious jar labelled 'weed'. I love Sohla so much.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

kloa posted:

Good catch I didn't see that.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2wD_w8mkOY

I feel for him not being able to find veil

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

droll posted:

3 kitchens into the video so far and they've all had dishwashers. In NYC.

Is that unusual?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Lutefisk is fine

I mean, post/username combo

Lutefisk is not fine at all :gonk:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I hate to break it to everyone but in Sohla's spice cabinet, the jar labeled "weed" is actually "dill weed"...at about 3:03 into the video you can see there's an "L" on the label prior to the word "weed".

Now don't get me wrong, I would be somewhat shocked if she didn't smoke, but these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is that unusual?

I don't understand when people are somehow shocked by it either. I lived there for 3 years and we, a lower middle class family, had one. It's not a luxury.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Is that unusual?

When Babish showed his new apartment kitchen (which is way smaller than it looks [honestly it basically ends where the camera frame ends]), he showed his tiny dishwasher and said it’s an absolute rarity in NYC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Midniter posted:

I hate to break it to everyone but in Sohla's spice cabinet, the jar labeled "weed" is actually "dill weed"...at about 3:03 into the video you can see there's an "L" on the label prior to the word "weed".

Now don't get me wrong, I would be somewhat shocked if she didn't smoke, but these aren't the droids you're looking for.

This makes me legit more sad than any Roni news today

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Is that unusual?

Trabant posted:

I don't understand when people are somehow shocked by it either. I lived there for 3 years and we, a lower middle class family, had one. It's not a luxury.

Apparently it is :

Anne Whateley posted:

They live in NYC and make under $100k, they don't have dishwashers.

I live in a large expensive city where $3200 a month does not get me a dishwasher.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
In-unit dishwashers are very rare in NYC. Some people buy their own countertop or portable dishwashers. I opted for a portable washing machine instead, because in-unit laundry is also super rare!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The BA people who cook all the time can wash their dishes via machine, as a treat

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That seems so weird to me. Dishwashers are cheap, and they save water. I suspect it has more to do with the age of the housing there and the fact that landlords don't have to invest in improving them than anything else.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That seems so weird to me. Dishwashers are cheap, and they save water. I suspect it has more to do with the age of the housing there and the fact that landlords don't have to invest in improving them than anything else.

They require plumbing in though, which landlords are unlikely to want to do.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

My mom had a portable dish washer at one point. You just T off the hot/cold and run the drain to the garbage disposal and you're good You don't exactly need a plumber to hook it all up :shrug:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

They require plumbing in though, which landlords are unlikely to want to do.

Plumbing them is just tapping off the water and drain lines under the sink. It’s not a huge undertaking.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Landlords are well known for going above and beyond to make their slavestenants happy, and for allowing them to do reasonable improvements and changes to the apartment. I can't understand why there are no dishwashers in old apartments that net them thousands of dollars!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I have a dishwasher on wheels that just hooks directly into the faucet, and drains from the same hookup. Even has a little button to let clean water out if you need a bit while it's running.

Just don't be filling your glass when the draining kicks in.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
ok i give up, why does everyone hate babish? he seems charming and funny enough and likes cooking and he’s cute and the production is good, what is not to love

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Yes, plus kitchens are tiny here. I literally have 18" of counter space. If an imaginary benevolent landlord wanted to grant me a built-in dishwasher, there wouldn't be space for it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

helsabot posted:

ok i give up, why does everyone hate babish? he seems charming and funny enough and likes cooking and he’s cute and the production is good, what is not to love

FWIW I like him fine. Not more than any of my BA squad except Rapaport but he seems like a good enough dude.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

helsabot posted:

I think it was just that one guy with a bug up about him having cooking related tattoos because he hadn't "earned" them or some other kind of nonsense.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

helsabot posted:

Here, "everyone" means "absolute weirdos who somehow think he's not worthy of making videos because he's not a real chef," as if you have to be Michelin-starred in order to host a YouTube cooking show which started as a Reddit gimmick.

Babish is entertaining, self-aware, and seems a decent guy. He's also made a garbage plate on the internet, which makes him a Rochester hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjoeVwJTUTA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

babish's greatest crime is that he hasn't made a Sblounschked! bar yet

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Or any food from Skyrim. :colbert:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Babish fuckin' rips, and I think most of the people whose opinions matter will agree. His cooking is pretty entry-level but it's approachably presented with a sense of humor and excellent camera work. It has everything that made Good Eats good.

That dork-rear end motherfucker who was upset that he wasn't a Real Chef can suck me on soft. Making cooking unpretentious and accessible to more people is always a good thing, whether you think it's "cringe" or not.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk I find him kinda boring.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

He and his buddies recreated the Simpsons episode where Homer names and eats a shitload of New Orleans food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8c31ru92A

Except someone beat them to it by like a week. Babish still directly linked to their video and named them in his because he's cool like that.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The only lovely part about babish is (was?) his non-kitchen attempt of a show, "Being With Babish."

I haven't seen one if those in a while, so o dunno if he gave up, or YouTube learned what I don't like.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

toplitzin posted:

The only lovely part about babish is (was?) his non-kitchen attempt of a show, "Being With Babish."

I haven't seen one if those in a while, so o dunno if he gave up, or YouTube learned what I don't like.

Eh, I wouldn't call it lovely, just maybe not popular. The premise is good; meeting with fans that are going through hard times, cooking them a meal, and providing something they've always wanted or needed but couldn't get.

It doesn't personally interest me so maybe that's all the problems it has with popularity.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I think Babish owns, on his own show. His guest spots on other channels (BA, ATK with Dan Souza, etc) are less successful as I feel like he tries too hard rather than being his genuine self.

Whatever you think of him, dude is rolling. His channel gets a shitload of views, he just bought a house, bought his brother a Tesla, seems like a genuinely nice guy and is shacking up with a cutie, so good for him.

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 10, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And dude just got over coronavirus and went straight back to work.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I find him kinda boring.

:same:

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
He's boring and his techniques are amateur. He had a good niche with his binging with babish / make stuff from popular culture shtick but his other stuff besides that is cringey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIwhdOx9BL0