Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I watched a very horny anime today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sparkling water is only bad when you're drinking it from a can, pour it into a glass and the dull metallic flavor is greatly reduced.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

what’s everyone’s favorite mushroom
Shitake!

Though with lesser mushrooms, I like to either marinate 'em in olive oil, sea salt and fresh black pepper and roast 'em, or turn 'em into mushroom gravy!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

i like chanterelles they’re pretty and taste pretty

Thank you for reminding me to put mushrooms on the grocery list.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

Sparkling water is only bad when you're drinking it from a can, pour it into a glass and the dull metallic flavor is greatly reduced.

I'm cancelling the podcast over this

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I also hated it, but after the Citadel DLC came out here's how I now approach the ending to Mass Effect 3:

Virtual Kid Nobody Has Any Emotional Connection To: If you push this button it will destroy the Reapers, howev-
Shepard: :f5:
Reapers blow up, Shepherd is seen breathing at the end, gets rescued and taken back to the Citadel
Shepard: Now that I've recovered, let's have a fun party!
Normandy Crew, Who All Survived: :slick::dance::cheers::woop:

Good times, great memories.

Ashley: I never get to go on the fun missions.

Shepard: "We'll bang, okay?"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

There was a pink oyster mushroom I got at a farmer's market last year on a whim and it whipped the rear end of every other mushroom I've had before or since but I've never seen it again and the mushroom guy at the farmers market never came back. Might be dead or a wizard, not sure.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

There was a pink oyster mushroom I got at a farmer's market last year on a whim and it whipped the rear end of every other mushroom I've had before or since but I've never seen it again and the mushroom guy at the farmers market never came back. Might be dead or a wizard, not sure.

he will return, when the stars are right

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna be one of those guys who goes out to the forrest and forages for wild mushrooms. Like in Phantom Thread.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im off work tomorrow and ff7r comes out in 18 minutes it truly is good friday

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Junpei Hyde posted:

I watched a very horny anime today

was it Keijo and it it wasn't what was it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna play FF7 Remake. I've never played FF7 proper but I like 6 and I love Chrono Trigger. They should remake those next.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

Chanterelles are da fuckin bomb my man

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I'm cancelling the podcast over this

Have you had Spindrift? It's probably the best one I've had, even better out of the can.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
FFVII sounds pretty cool but I got these roads to build and not enough chiral crystals or ceramics for it.

Plus I got to finish my zip line network.

50 hours; chapter 6; gently caress yeah Sam, got so many stars on my pants

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 10, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't spoil ff7r in this thread, because i have to wait 2 years for it to come out on the computer. the ul;timate platform!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

but it is already out on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system which is a computer and an entertainment system

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's not the name of it. and sony computer entertainment was renamed sony interactive entertainment. leave me to my devices

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I built the computer. i created the computer. My child

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Guess I devoured Chihayafuru’s first season in a few days

Absolutely stellar show. Might be one of my favorite anime series I’ve watched. Looking forward to the second season, however before that I think my Crunchyroll list looks as follows:

- Akagi
- Seeing as I’m now majorly into cooking Japanese food I’m interested in checking out either sweetness and lightning, Food Wars, Isekai Izakaya or Restaurant to Another World (anyone watched them all, which one should I go with?)
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 2
- Chihayafuru 2

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 10, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Malaysia's "not a lockdown" lockdown has been extended for 2 weeks so...Animal Crossing or FFVII Remake? Also considering Sekiro but I want that discount to go further down honestly.

Open to other single player experiences. Eyeing Hitman 2 and Sekiro on PC too but they're a bit high for my local steam prices (still way cheaper than AC or FFVII but they're brand new and console prices, eh).

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you care a lot about prices, Animal Crossing will never have a discount, so you can safely buy it now. final fantasy 7 will be discounted in a few months, and the lockdown will still be going on then.

Hitman 2 is currently in a Humble "choice" bundle, which may be cheaper for you, and it will come with some extra games.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Seth Rollins posted:

if you care a lot about prices, Animal Crossing will never have a discount, so you can safely buy it now.
Ain't that the loving truth goddamn why are Nintendo so expensive! Even second hand is like "That's so close to original price I might as well buy a new copy..."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hit man 2 rules the big rear end. Buy that or Animal Crossing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

coconono posted:

was it Keijo and it it wasn't what was it

It was prison school

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have vision problems today(can't see going in to work :rimshot:)

I guess I'll be playing FF7R all day :shrug:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

- Seeing as I’m now majorly into cooking Japanese food I’m interested in checking out either sweetness and lightning, Food Wars, Isekai Izakaya or Restaurant to Another World (anyone watched them all, which one should I go with?)

Well, I can only comment on 3/4 of those listed, but her it goes:
Restaurant to Another World is a pretty calm and somewhat relaxing episodic comedy that you can watch in one go or just watch as a little side at the end of the day.
Haven't watched Isekai Izakaya but the setting of the two shows is somewhat similar.
Amaama to Inazuma is a cute show but more storyline-focused than the Isekais, and definitely going for more emotional reactions than either.

All 3 are just your regular 12-episode (or in II's case, 24 half-episodes) shows, so the time investment isn't too much for either.

Which brings me to Shokugeki no Soma. 24 episodes in the first season, followed by so far 3 further seasons with 12-24 episodes and a 5th season starting soon, it requires more time investment than all those other shows you mentioned combined. It is pretty much a Battle Shonen with constantly increasing power, I mean cooking skill levels, shitloads of gratuitous anime nudity, lots of comedy, and plenty of the other usual tropes. At least the first season is the most informative show as far actual cooking goes, the further seasons focus more and more on story and food reactions rather than the actual cooking. And once Aizen, I mean Azami gets introduced in the 4th(?) season, it's best to just stop watching the show then and there because the shows goes way off the rails.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

hit man 2 rules the big rear end.

It really does, it feels weird as hell to me to not have it currently installed on my machine after like 4 years of first Hitman and then 2 installed on my machine and played at least once a week, but I finally reached a point where I felt like I'd done everything there was to do in the game (not the multiplayer stuff, nobody cares about that).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i haven’t played ac odyssey since the initial binge when it came out, started up again and it’s still really good :shobon:

please don’t melt down about the dlc again j-ru i didn’t mean to stir up painful memories by posting this :ohdear:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I try not to be taken by nostalgia too much but I really miss video stores. What was the name of your local place, mine was Video Update.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I haven't played a ton of the series but I have yet to play an rear end creed I really liked. The closest was Black Flag and that's just because if you squint hard enough you don't see all the tedious and glitchy rear end creed stuff, it turns into Sid Meier's Pirates!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I try not to be taken by nostalgia too much but I really miss video stores. What was the name of your local place, mine was Video Update.
the local one was called Tower Video when i was a little kid, and then the ireland-wide chain Xtra Vision came in and it closed down. XtraVision’s long gone too now ofc

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I cannot remember but one time they loaned me a bootleg. loving cowboys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh but seriously I posted:

I cannot remember but one time they loaned me a bootleg. loving cowboys.
Hell yeah that sounds like a good store, I bet they sold illegally imported cigarettes under the counter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a video store down the road a ways next to the oldest gas station in town. the gas station's interior was big enough to fit one person aside from the guy running the place. the video store was this small warehouse, which was still kind of big. it looked abandoned on the outside except they painted the name of the store on the front. i don't know why i can't remember it. The last time i went in there was 1998 and they never got playstation or n64 games in but that was ok since the blockbuster had those. that warehouse has been a real abandoned warehouse now for a lot of years. the gas station still has the two rusted out pumps and stuff out front and the 'store' part is covered in vines and stuff. i wish i could find a pic of either this gas station or a similar one but all the pics i can find of 'tiny gas station' are too big. it was ridiculous

i found one that is similar in size. the one in this image is in the same state

the one here was sort of entirely made out of plexi-glass or something though. very sweet

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 10, 2020

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Cavauro posted:

don't spoil ff7r in this thread, because i have to wait 2 years for it to come out on the computer. the ul;timate platform!

It's just a 1-year exclusivity to the PS4. We'll get it next April. (The most recent video about it from Square has "Captured on the PC" on some of the clips.)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank You. Please look at the tiny gas hole

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Bluedeanie posted:

I haven't played a ton of the series but I have yet to play an rear end creed I really liked. The closest was Black Flag and that's just because if you squint hard enough you don't see all the tedious and glitchy rear end creed stuff, it turns into Sid Meier's Pirates!

I was going to say "Have you played Black Flag?" but that's out. Umm, have you tried Origins or Odyssey? Odyssey has a lot more of the ship combat than Origins.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That's Entertainment!

The best thing was that it was next door to the pizza place I worked at in high school and college. Both owned by the same guy, so if you didn't feel like driving you could have pizza AND a rented movie delivered right to your house and have the rental fee added to your bill. You could also return a movie if you ordered a pizza. They even waived one day's worth of late fees if you ordered something and gave the driver the tape to return.

I made SO much money in tips, and also lived the Addams Family Values joke from John Mulaney more often that not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for a place called Family Video, it had an EXTENSIVE adult section.