Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mary Annette posted:

I'm starting to think the only crime Akoya cares about bringing people to justice for is contempt of cop.

It’s scary how accurate the portrayal of a LEO is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mystery giant guy could fight wakatsuki

also lol that kazzy didn't pick adam or cosmo because of supposed kengan politics when the only actually affiliated fighters he's picked are julius, Misasa, not Meguro and Akoya. Everyone else is freelance or directly associated with him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's just an excuse. adam and cosmo are on their honeymoon rn.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i went on daromeons twitter and it truly is a last of contrasts between this and him being very horny

https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1248097540962004992?s=20

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope julius and other giant guy bond over mutual large-person problems

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jose posted:

mystery giant guy could fight wakatsuki

also lol that kazzy didn't pick adam or cosmo because of supposed kengan politics when the only actually affiliated fighters he's picked are julius, Misasa, not Meguro and Akoya. Everyone else is freelance or directly associated with him

Akoya is one of those factions in politics

Meguro is weird cloning poo poo but also representing a different (very hostile?) faction. Though presumably also hostile to the worm

Julius is actually freelance now I think, but also a good addition to the roster.

Misasa is of course katahara's faction, which is different from Nogi's though backing them.

Raian is representing the Kure clan who have significant pull in the kengan matches.

Okubo is registered fighter as well and affiliated with a company.

Gaolong is tied in and also backed by the Thai king so has weight and politics. (and he kicks rear end.)

Wakatsuki is part of the Nogi faction but also a long time veteran and insanely powerful.

Agito and Ohma are there because nobody would disapprove of them.

In addition the factions know that Rihito was trained by Gensai and has his blessing to compete in the matches so they wouldn't oppose that.

Writer guy and Ryuki are the two that are kind of weird choices. But also they were having trouble getting people to be the fighters in the tourney.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

Akoya is one of those factions in politics

Meguro is weird cloning poo poo but also representing a different (very hostile?) faction. Though presumably also hostile to the worm

Julius is actually freelance now I think, but also a good addition to the roster.

Misasa is of course katahara's faction, which is different from Nogi's though backing them.

Raian is representing the Kure clan who have significant pull in the kengan matches.

Okubo is registered fighter as well and affiliated with a company.

Gaolong is tied in and also backed by the Thai king so has weight and politics. (and he kicks rear end.)

Wakatsuki is part of the Nogi faction but also a long time veteran and insanely powerful.

Agito and Ohma are there because nobody would disapprove of them.

In addition the factions know that Rihito was trained by Gensai and has his blessing to compete in the matches so they wouldn't oppose that.

Writer guy and Ryuki are the two that are kind of weird choices. But also they were having trouble getting people to be the fighters in the tourney.

Julius was hired by shark teeth lady wasn't he?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RatHat posted:

Julius was hired by shark teeth lady wasn't he?

You are right, and she along with what Gandai? (seki's group) are a kengan faction so that's some politics right there.

Taking a look back. Seki and Haruo were meant to balance out Cosmo in the poltical landscape.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 10, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raian and gaolang aren't tied specifically to kengan members though

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just assume Cosmo will step in for someone because the author loves him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I still don't believe Jun is out of this, he's just waiting for the right match to interrupt midway through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Seki and haruo aren't competing because of their wrestling promotion with Jose out injured

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I feel like Ryuki is the one who is most out of place here. Dude is a complete new comer and fought in only 3 Kengan matches so far I think. I guess he has Yamashita’s blessing and he looks like Ohma so everyone’s cool with it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ryuki probably won't set the world on fire with his matches, but he's a worm killer. having him around can't hurt.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jose posted:

Raian and gaolang aren't tied specifically to kengan members though

Gaolang is a fighter for Yato (or was, at least in the Kengan Tournament), and Yato's CEO is a member of the Four Dragons (which Nogi is a part of).
Wakatsuki is a fighter for Furumi, who is also a member of the Four Dragons.
The last member of the Four Dragons had his fighter get beat up by Nikaido, but Nikaido works for Metsudoh now.

Nishihonji (and possibly Penasonic, given Penasonic's impression of Kazzy and his friendship with Nishihonji) are apparently in Nogi's faction now. Previously, they were in Hayami's faction, but less out of an actual desire and more because their fathers were in Hayami's faction.

Meguro V2 is a fighter for Hayami, who has his own faction (formerly the biggest until his failed coup).

Okubo is a fighter for Muji TV, and while its CEO isn't directly in Nogi's faction, he was brought into it early on (he had already arranged with Nogi to volunteer his fighter by the time the executives had their meeting).

Gandai and Togo are their own faction, and Togo was counting on Gandai being able to send Sekibayashi or Haruo, but Jose being rendered bedridden forced them to find another fighter in Julius.

The Kures aren't specifically tied to one faction, though they are tied to the Kengan Association itself, as noted by Wu when h e asks the head of Purgatory to let him join.

Among those who didn't make it...

Mokichi wasn't fully recovered from his injuries. If he had made it in, he would tentatively have been representing the last of the Three Nobles (only 2 remained in present day and the Nintendo dude fired Haruo and was implicated in Hayami's coup anyways).

Sekibayashi and Haruo couldn't make it because of aforementioned Jose-related reasons.

Cosmo and Adam because corporate politics.

Kiozan had a sumo match coming up around the time, I think.

Himuro and Kaneda had Kengan matches coming up around the time.

Hajime's technically a government agent, but he fought for a dude who temporarily allied with Nogi (Teito University), and his fighting style is super unsuited given that Purgatory has stricter rules than Kengan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Gaolong's still affiliated with Nogi's faction.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Two more Danberu: https://mangadex.org/title/19600/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That second one is excellent

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm very surprised at Cosmo not being included. I got the distinct impression he was being built up as someone important in Kengan Asura, to the extent he might even be the protagonist of the sequel.

Okubo being there is good. Hopefully he gets to win some this time.

Also, I hope that Masaki Hayami isn't insane like the guy he was cloned from and is just a friendly guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

I'm very surprised at Cosmo not being included. I got the distinct impression he was being built up as someone important in Kengan Asura, to the extent he might even be the protagonist of the sequel.

Okubo being there is good. Hopefully he gets to win some this time.

Also, I hope that Masaki Hayami isn't insane like the guy he was cloned from and is just a friendly guy.

I don't think the tournament is gonna be the only important thing going on, there's a storytelling reason why a bunch of big players in Asura and the obvious main character in Omega are sitting that one out.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The importance of the Worm stuff has me believing that the tournament here isn't going to be the be all end all of Kengan Omega, especially since Koga isn't involved in it. The tournament will probably either be interrupted/subverted somehow, or alternatively it'll serve as a stepping stone to the main event kind of like Ohma's early Kengan days were the prelude to the Annihilation tournament.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah I agree. There's just been way too much build up to this worm subplot for it to not be a main feature of this series

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i want to see fights again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

klapman posted:

i want to see fights again

presumably it'll end 7-6 to the kengan association so we see all 15 fights so okubo is losing again

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

presumably it'll end 7-6 to the kengan association so we see all 15 fights so okubo is losing again

Bold of you to presume things in Kengan.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is if the tournament isn't interrupted since i feel we're getting all the fights

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

winners
Ohma
Toku2
Wakatsuki
Masaki
Rihito
Agito
Misasa

jobbers
Gaolang
Julius
Ryuki
Akoya
Okubo
Raian

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Toyota also seems the kind of guy who would want all the fights to play out

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

frajaq posted:

winners

jobbers

Uncertain (I feel like they'll either be some of the top ranked or sacrificed early to heavily pump someone else up):
Ohma (not only is he not quite the main character, but this likely isn't the final tournament)
Agito (could go either way; I think he'll be shown to have changed quite a bit, but he would also be a major option for pumping up a Purgatory person)
Toku2 (just a feeling I get; we've been given the vague sense he's very strong, and I could see him doing very well but losing against one of the stronger Purgatory people)

Winners (I'm defining this as just "not losing first round")
Rihito (I refuse to accept otherwise)
Okubo (gently caress you he's going to win)
Gaolang (important character with a lot of international popularity, hasn't gotten a good win in a tough fight yet)
Julius (big muscles)
Misasa (this guy strikes me up as being pumped up in a "genuine" way that isn't just intended for jobbing)
Masaki (reads books in English, bodes well for his combat proficiency)

Jobbers
Ryuki (
Akoya (cop, rear end in a top hat)
Raian (sacrifice to Kure predecessor, but will do better than expect - also wouldn't be 100% surprised if he actually won in an upset)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Okubo never got to really shine in my opinion. Dude might be part of the goof troop when out of the ring but if you don't immediately go down while fighting the Fang, you've got moxie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah i remember the author talking that Okubo is a extremely proficient fighter he just happened to get stuck fighting the Fang off the rip. Okubo was originally slated to go much further into the tournament originally

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mindblast posted:

Okubo never got to really shine in my opinion. Dude might be part of the goof troop when out of the ring but if you don't immediately go down while fighting the Fang, you've got moxie.

It's a bit hard to gauge with Agito, since I think it's implied that most people don't manage to bring out his "losing his poo poo" mode, but the only other fights we saw from him were against two other absolute-top-tier monsters who either beat him or might have won in another Kengan tournament that contained any of the pre-Agito Fangs (Gaolang).

But I'm optimistic because Agito directly said "this guy has promise."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i hope Agito isnt in that stupid bodysuit during his fights.

Biker Agito is so much cooler

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I'm kinda bummed Cosmo isn't in the lineup since his fights in Asura were really cool but I have a feeling we will be seeing him eventually down the line. Also in this lineup Ryuki seems like the odd one out unless he is extremely hiding some things or isn't unable to hold back the bloodlust...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Okubo didn't retire after losing to agito which is common too.

The Kure predecessor isn't in the tournament but the guy who keeps talking about the tiger vessel probably is

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

verbal enema posted:

i hope Agito isnt in that stupid bodysuit during his fights.

Biker Agito is so much cooler

Biker leathers don't provide the freedom of movement agito needs to kick people's heads off.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i believe in julius. his big muscle will win the day

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder who Ohma's gonna lose to this time.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

another Danberu chapter posted

https://mangadex.org/title/19600/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru

The last chapter is the end of year one of these girls being together! It’s time for a talent show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I feel like a magical girl series starring Kure clan members would quickly become Fist of the North Star. I desperately want this in my life now.