Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

oh my god

e: love taking medical advice from this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

RFA and VOA are comically poo poo, like a somehow even less credible russiatoday. But wtf did they do to piss trump off?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
To be fair the virus seems to be smarter than Trump and most people he interacts with regularly

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

HootTheOwl posted:

While true Bernie would have won quite a few states but for Warren. Texas and Washington are the biggest examples.

Except you can't really say that, since by the same logic you can say that Jill Stein singlehandedly cost Clinton 2016. While Warren was the closest to Sanders in terms of policy, each of her voters had their own reason for backing her instead of Sanders in the first place - and had she not been in the race, many of them would have voted for Biden, Bloomberg, or simply not voted instead.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Yeah, I don't think the "economy" is opening up this month, or next month. Our company has quite a bit of retired teachers that are in their upper 60's and are expressing concern that without a working vaccine, and how asymptomatics can easily pass on COVID, there's no point in returning to work. I'm all for that - it's just that there are unfortunately a lot of jobs that require workers to be in close proximity of others, and that can't work unless there's a vaccine for sure.

Trump certainly bungled the handling of the pandemic, and if you think about it, it's really only been barely a month since it became widespread. Not to mention not even 2 and a half weeks with unemployment shooting higher up. Imagine Trump being president during the Great Depression, or during any major recession. He'd lose his poo poo every day on TV wondering why people aren't working and why are the numbers not beep-booping for him.

If this drags on into summer (and it will), it's going to get worse for Trump. His own followers are failing to follow social distancing and cleanliness, and I know they aren't going to blame Wet Daddy for it, but it will start to wear on them as others call out their poo poo on them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:chaostrump: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility. I admire its purity. A survivor...unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality, just like your favorite president (me!)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump trying to talk about things is like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump trying to talk about things is like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time.

Hey now, Trump takes a lot longer than an hour to understand something and be coherent about it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I personally hope he doesn't try to "open the economy" because that means opening up the National Parks (again) and boy howdy I do not want to see some poor ranger having to try enforcing social distancing at Angel's Landing or Mather Point.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
If Trump ever gets convicted (lol he won't) I think the best punishment would be to put him in a glass box and let anyone who wants to come and yell at and insult him for as long as they want. After a few thousand maybe his stupid over-inflated ego would crack and he would begin to realize that maybe he IS the dumbest and worst human being on the planet.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Well would you look at that!

https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1248623231314980865?s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Don't worry guys, Trump has been carefully studying the best way to deal with those pesky intelligent viruses:

:v:

(I say this as a huge fan of DW and specifically Tom Baker's era)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248700582120042496

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the president is trynig to kill us lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

A different kind of death you say.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

“This proves that fear is not, in fact, the mind-killer” *sniff*

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy gently caress, this man's capacity to descend into newer depths of plain ignorance is unparalleled.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A different kind of death you say.

It's true, I for one died to Nemesis over a dozen times just this past weekend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Trump just said on live TV that the media reporting that hospitals don't have enough PPE is fake news.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

quote:

A person with knowledge of Obama’s conversation with Buttigieg after the former Indiana mayor exited the race explained it this way: “Obama talked to Pete the night that Pete dropped out. When Pete told Obama that he was 99.9 percent of the way there in terms of endorsing Biden, I would say that Obama was encouraging. But I would also say that Obama was very careful not to be seen as putting a thumb on the scale. He and the people close to him are very careful about the optics — the 2016-style optics. Sanders and his supporters had reason to believe the party put the thumb on the scale for Hillary in 2016 and he wanted to avoid that.
Boy did he gently caress that part up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248700968264482821

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 41 hours!)

And?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He hosed the country over extremely hard (again).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

He’s officially done more to combat progressivism than he has to combat rising fascism.

With that singular act.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

He’s officially done more to combat progressivism than he has to combat rising fascism.

Ok

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Political neutrality is such horseshit. Imagine looking at the US and going "yeah I'm the most influential public figure of the last two decades, you know what I should do/say? Nothing, wouldn't wanna affect anything, that would be terrible."

At least if Obama came out and said he supported Biden he could be accused of having a loving opinion.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I must've missed Obama speaking out against Trump constantly for the past four years.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama will not come out to campagin either.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

I must've missed Obama speaking out against Trump constantly for the past four years.

Some things are worth fighting against.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I regret I ever supported him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Except you can't really say that, since by the same logic you can say that Jill Stein singlehandedly cost Clinton 2016. While Warren was the closest to Sanders in terms of policy, each of her voters had their own reason for backing her instead of Sanders in the first place - and had she not been in the race, many of them would have voted for Biden, Bloomberg, or simply not voted instead.

Well not Bloomberg because the post I replied to was a "But didn't Biden have his own spoiler?". You're right I'm making assumptions about her support and I don't get any further into it here because it's primary chat but I believe Warren->Sanders voters are just as plentiful, proportionally, as Bloomberg -> Biden voters would have been if both dropped out during the great dropout between SC and super tuesday. This is based on both second-choice polling and anecdotes from former supporters of both sides.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Warren hurt Sanders but Obama getting Pete to drop out in an unprecendented move was far more damaging.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

CRISPYBABY posted:

Political neutrality is such horseshit. Imagine looking at the US and going "yeah I'm the most influential public figure of the last two decades, you know what I should do/say? Nothing, wouldn't wanna affect anything, that would be terrible."

At least if Obama came out and said he supported Biden he could be accused of having a loving opinion.

It's not principled neutrality, it's not wanting to pick a side and be wrong. Obama's legacy is clearly very important to him and being exposed publicly as not being able to choose the winner of the primary would be pretty damaging to it.

If he had his way it wouldnt be biden, itd be Cory Booker or some poo poo.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

You don't loving say.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

I regret I ever supported him.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248704298378297346

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CRISPYBABY posted:

This is ideologically sound though, from the neoliberal perspective that politics is illegitimate and "the market" is the only proper organizer of society.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bernie campaign actively working to move Biden left on key issues and unite the party, leftist twitter as usual full of people who put death before dishonor.

It's worth being bitter that Bernie had four years to prepare and didn't build a coalition either in the voting public or the backrooms, got owned hard on Super Tuesday by Joe loving Biden of all people (in places Biden wasn't even campaigning), and never recovered.

If the Democrats go down in November it'll be as much Bernie's failure as anyone's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sodomy Hussein posted:

It's worth being bitter that Bernie had four years to prepare and didn't build a coalition either in the voting public or the backrooms, got owned hard on Super Tuesday by Joe loving Biden of all people (in places Biden wasn't even campaigning), and never recovered.

Is this a gimmick?