Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Don Cherry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

What a snipe

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Louis Riel

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Replace him with a pack of rez dogs actually

Laurier I mean

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
The log driver

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Rob Ford, but all his dialogue is in Jamaican patois

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
please let me in after the quarantine ends I hate it here HAY GUYS WHATS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
back in the days when civ didnt give a poo poo and had stalin as the leader of russia they could have made it SJAM and had his special ability be "every time you build a railroad you can delete a 'barbarian' village of your choice"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Canada: build improvements with other civilization's workers.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Yinlock posted:

google's current header image is them giving big kisses to cops and firefighters for their brave service during the outbreak

no not nurses or doctors, cops

e: oops wrong thread

you fucker. Grocery store workers, only because I just did ten days on of 9 hour shifts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Huge respek to all the grocery folks. Im wondering if there will be more of a growth in the online ordering/in store pickup or delivery going forward, keep most of the customers away to benefit of all? idk. the store I shop at is doing a good job it seems like with lots of plexiglass and social distancing lines too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Helsing posted:

Rob Ford, but all his dialogue is in Jamaican patois

he was our very best....and we failed him

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

he was our very best....and we failed him

If his politics weren't trash I'd probably have a picture of him hung up in my house

It broke my heart that his powers were used for evil

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Don Pigeon posted:

Louis Riel

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
ralph klein and make him throw gold at other civilizations that are poorer at that moment

also make oil give three gold for the first 50 turns after being discovered and worthless afterwards

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Wayne Gretzky

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I hope you mean the forums poster, cause the hockey player's a filthy harperite

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

flakeloaf posted:

I hope you mean the forums poster, cause the hockey player's a filthy harperite

gently caress his jersey, they shoulda retired that garbage whiskey

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

I hope you mean the forums poster

probably the greatest canadian

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I refuse to believe anyone actually knows who all these people are without googling

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Chrtien with special ability Shawinigan shake

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Samuel de Champlain for a more serious suggestions.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Samuel de Champlain for a more serious suggestions.
can't, no one knows what he actually looked like

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao

https://twitter.com/rahrahraina/status/1248602046904795137?s=21

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I thought Pearson was the Civ 6 choice for Canadas leader. It would be an obvious choice for a diplomatic geared civ.

If Doug Ford was a Civ leader, you could appoint a governor to foreign cities who could destroy a district in that city in 10 turn and give you gold equivalent to their output.

Harper would generate oil at 2x rate and would get +4 culture from relics discovered in tundra tiles (get it?)

Louis Riel could be a cool civ, like faith and domination style civ?

Also Haida peoples could be a cool gold/culture geared civ.

ok done my Canada civ chat i hope it was in this thread, not the other one where it was mentioned.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Its a step forward that Poundmaker and the Cree were included. Hard to reconcile with Canada having the RCMP as a special unit that creates national parks though.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

flakeloaf posted:

I hope you mean the forums poster,

Finally, a leader with balls

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

A really cool unit would be like the Mackenzie-Papineau Spanish civil war that would give you a buff if you were fighting troops with a different governmental system.

Or the Coureur des bois upgrade unit to make traders and builders move on river tiles as if on roads.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s a step forward that Poundmaker and the Cree were included. Hard to reconcile with Canada having the RCMP as a special unit that creates national parks though.

The Cree weren't happy about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/4/16850906/cree-nation-civilization-6-poundmaker

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Stephen Harper found a place in the world :unsmith:

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

due to a cyberattack on molson coors, i can't buy pilsner. we do live in hell

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/shanfurness/status/1249098718193696769?s=20

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

So my partner gets home from a work thing he was stuck in the US for later this week and I'm wondering what the expectations are after he finishes his quarantine period if we dont live together. Basically either move in or wait a bunch of months to see eachother irl again?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

So my partner gets home from a work thing he was stuck in the US for later this week and I'm wondering what the expectations are after he finishes his quarantine period if we dont live together. Basically either move in or wait a bunch of months to see eachother irl again?

Depends on your living and work situations.

If either of you is not living alone, yeah, those are the two options: no mixing households. Having one or the other partner going back and forth between households means that all the people in each household will get infected if only one of the people in either household does.

If both of you are living alone and neither of you has a job that requires contact with the public, seeing each other in your homes occasionally is fine: this wouldn't be very different from you two living together and observing social distancing.

If both of you are living alone but one of you has a job that requires contact with the public, the other partner has to decide if they're comfortable with being exposed if/when the partner working outside is exposed.

If both are living alone but both have jobs that require contact with the public, then "wait a bunch of months" is the only responsible choice - moving in isn't an option because then both partners are in danger of contracting *and spreading* if either partner contracts.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Lol just murder my balls (in a video game)

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ah, I used to really like fun mountain

sad!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Depends on your living and work situations.

If either of you is not living alone, yeah, those are the two options: no mixing households. Having one or the other partner going back and forth between households means that all the people in each household will get infected if only one of the people in either household does.

If both of you are living alone and neither of you has a job that requires contact with the public, seeing each other in your homes occasionally is fine: this wouldn't be very different from you two living together and observing social distancing.

If both of you are living alone but one of you has a job that requires contact with the public, the other partner has to decide if they're comfortable with being exposed if/when the partner working outside is exposed.

If both are living alone but both have jobs that require contact with the public, then "wait a bunch of months" is the only responsible choice - moving in isn't an option because then both partners are in danger of contracting *and spreading* if either partner contracts.

With regards to that last one, I don't necessarily agree. I'm generally of the opinion that if you are in a relationship that is serious enough where living together would have been a reasonable option and having two independent households doesn't change the risk situation from where it would be if you were living together then it would be unreasonable to judge someone for effectively acting as if they were isolated with what partner.

Like, if the only difference is that you are with your committed partner in two physical spaces instead of one then who am I to judge.

If there are a bunch of roommates on each side or something, that changes things. It also may make sense to avoid contact with each other if one of you has to interact with vulnerable groups, one of you is in a high risk of contact situation or all sorts of other things, but that's true of people who live together as well.

But yeah, anything you feel capable of doing to limit spread is a good thing.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:monar:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jun 20, 2021

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My wife broke down crying when I showed her those census viewer maps of Edmonton and Winnipeg that show how segregated those cities were by race and income. I was just doing it out of interest and was caught flat footed by her reaction.

She sobbed out that its so unfair people from Eastern Canada malign the West and accuse them of being racist...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Frosted Flake posted:

My wife broke down crying when I showed her those census viewer maps of Edmonton and Winnipeg that show how segregated those cities were by race and income. I was just doing it out of interest and was caught flat footed by her reaction.

She sobbed out that it’s so unfair people from Eastern Canada malign the West and accuse them of being racist...

shes a real canadian through and through lmfao