Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Anfauglir posted:

Now imagine doing this but there's 50 normal challenges

Oh a fair few of them i had already done. so only have to do them a few more times was good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
This thing drops from the Mega Lands (I just killed UUG, so still relevant!) and it's noticeably better than anything in the corresponding zone set. I'm a fan!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I've been playing a lot of Rocket Valley Tycoon (on steam) of late, and while the game scratched a nice logistics puzzle itch, it'd much better if they charged $15-20 for it and removed the microtransaction stuff entirely

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Question about the new accessories drop chance bonus - I've maxed all of them but when I look at the drop chance stat breakdown I don't see any entry that seems to correspond with that bonus (should be 240%?)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mozi posted:

Question about the new accessories drop chance bonus - I've maxed all of them but when I look at the drop chance stat breakdown I don't see any entry that seems to correspond with that bonus (should be 240%?)

One of the bonuses is Loot Drop (120%), the other bonus is Adventure Stats.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
The bonus is for the set, not for each item in the set.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Ah, got it. Thanks

Man 20% per item would have been nice!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

I've been playing a lot of Rocket Valley Tycoon (on steam) of late, and while the game scratched a nice logistics puzzle itch, it'd much better if they charged $15-20 for it and removed the microtransaction stuff entirely

How bad is the microtransaction stuff?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

came back to NGU after not playing for a while and the new system & new accessories are v nice, bless you 4G

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I've become so dependent on the gear optimizer that I'm completely scared and helpless until it updates. Some of the new accessories seem much better than normal accessories from later titans and zones. But, are they really??????

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I think it’s updated? The new accs were on there yesterday for me. They’re listed in their original drop zones, not as a new set

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The BDW 'Random Crayons' was a nice drop that I appreciate having the new accs as well.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Francis posted:

I've become so dependent on the gear optimizer that I'm completely scared and helpless until it updates. Some of the new accessories seem much better than normal accessories from later titans and zones. But, are they really??????

I started using it recently and i think there's some mistakes with it. I'm just at the chocolate world and it's telling me i should equip the grey and pink hearts but, from what I've read, i can't even buy these until i beat the next titans in evil.

Before i make the push into evil though, i've still got the blind, no NGU, no TM, no rebirth and 24 hour challenges to finish. Are there any of those i still wont be able to complete where i am?

Evil just makes everything harder right? Should i have certain non-evil perks completed and my NGUs at a certain level before attempting it?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Weee

e: game 2 shenanigans.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 10, 2020

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Francis posted:

It's updated and where I'm at, they are VERY good. My NGU outfit at almost-AK-GMv2 is wearing four of them now, which was a big surprise to me.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what a good cat you drew 4g :)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

I started using it recently and i think there's some mistakes with it. I'm just at the chocolate world and it's telling me i should equip the grey and pink hearts but, from what I've read, i can't even buy these until i beat the next titans in evil.

You can manually disable items you don’t own, which you should do for the hearts. You can set the exact levels, too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Woodcutters Idle is a nice timewaster, no involved mechanics or prestige and pretty quick to finish but enjoyable.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm up to Wandoos 98 level 100. Is that a cap or should I still be collecting Wandoos 98 copies for further leveling?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm up to Wandoos 98 level 100. Is that a cap or should I still be collecting Wandoos 98 copies for further leveling?

As in the item is level 100 or the wandoos 98 feature is level 100

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

As in the item is level 100 or the wandoos 98 feature is level 100

Wandoos 98 feature is level 100, I've had a maxxed Wandoos 98 item in my inventory many, many times :D

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Wandoos 98 feature is level 100, I've had a maxxed Wandoos 98 item in my inventory many, many times :D

Yeah, you can ignore it now.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Yeah, you can ignore it now.

Gracias.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Hi all, I'm new to this thread but have been playing NGU for a bit.

I just got to evil mode, with what seemed like enough EM power/cap to do it, and I can idle Evilverse, but everything is so slow now. How do I feel like I'm making progress again? Any tips for an evil mode newbie?

Also, I'd love to join the discord if possible!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nighttheii posted:

Link is in game, and then ping 4g for goon chat.

Everything is supposed to slow way down, except your pp gain will skyrocket. Focus on banks and get a tank in iron pills sucks

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been playing Idle Wizard for the last few weeks, I'm digging it so far but I'm not quite sure how many more doors open as you progress compared to something like NGU. I am sure there's a bunch I haven't seen yet but I just unlocked Expeditions which seems kinda eh, another thing to idle because I don't feel like manually doing it (at least not for now) and there's two more greyed out things on the bar at the bottom. I do enjoy the loop though, the different class/pet combos add some nice variety if you want to switch up and try something new.

Edit: It's also a very good game to get into while quarantined at home because I get to click on void rifts every minute or so which keeps things moving along :science:

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I've been playing Idle Wizard for the last few weeks, I'm digging it so far but I'm not quite sure how many more doors open as you progress compared to something like NGU. I am sure there's a bunch I haven't seen yet but I just unlocked Expeditions which seems kinda eh, another thing to idle because I don't feel like manually doing it (at least not for now) and there's two more greyed out things on the bar at the bottom. I do enjoy the loop though, the different class/pet combos add some nice variety if you want to switch up and try something new.

Edit: It's also a very good game to get into while quarantined at home because I get to click on void rifts every minute or so which keeps things moving along :science:

It's an interesting concept that's far too gated behind randomness, pointless time sinks, and slow-generating resources that are absolutely required to progress.

Progress becomes impossible unless you have exactly the right three sets of upgraded equipment, then use a very specific build that requires several hours/days of build-up time. Discovering equipment costs resources. These generate at a rate of 1 per minute. There is no way to increase that rate. Upgrading costs the same resource. Upgrading a single piece of equipment can cost hundreds or thousands of resources.

So basically, it's a 100% guarantee that you will eventually reach a point where you are stuck and unable to progress without weeks of grinding despite there being a huge amount of content left to unlock.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 12, 2020

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Link is in game, and then ping 4g for goon chat.

Everything is supposed to slow way down, except your pp gain will skyrocket. Focus on banks and get a tank in iron pills sucks

To build on this, hit Evilverse to kill a boss in goldfind gear, then immediately head back to the ITOPOD. The drop rate is insanely bad and the gear is mediocre, so it can wait until after the next titan, but the gold drop is huge and will get your gold diggers back online.

You'll be able to kill the next titan in chocolate gear by the time you reach him. It's a bit of a grind, so your adventure stats have plenty of time to grow.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
To build differently, there seem to be two camps on early-evil thinking: One idea is to do everything you can to rush Nerdv1, and don't max EV or PPPL gear along the way. The other angle is to just maxx&green both sets as you've been doing this whole time. EIther way, nothing's worth sniping in either zone, and definitely do no idle farm if it's taking like 12 hits to kill in the zone.

But yeah, the slowdown is immense and if you're like me, kinda changes my relationship to the game in a not-entirely positive way.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Nighttheii posted:

Hi all, I'm new to this thread but have been playing NGU for a bit.

I just got to evil mode, with what seemed like enough EM power/cap to do it, and I can idle Evilverse, but everything is so slow now. How do I feel like I'm making progress again? Any tips for an evil mode newbie?

One easy thing to forget is that there are Evil Mode Challenges. In particular the Evil Basic Challenge is worth doing x5 immediately as long as getting to zone 58 isn't too bad. That's worth a 50% boost to Adventure stats, which will really help taking on Evilverse and later.

Plus, even if it feel slow slow you should be getting more PP than before and Ygg is unaffected. You can also still farm Normal NGUs while in Evil mode. So your actual progress in terms of EXP, PP, NGUs, and Yggdrasil is either mostly unaffected or boosted. Only thing that slows you down at all is you can't run your diggers at as high of a level.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It's an interesting concept that's far too gated behind randomness, pointless time sinks, and slow-generating resources that are absolutely required to progress.

Eh, that's a bummer. Thanks for the writeup!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Evil picks back up again really quickly. Sad is a much bigger slowdown

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

explosivo posted:

Eh, that's a bummer. Thanks for the writeup!

they did add relatively recently a second prestige layer that reduces the ultra-endgame grind but it's still moderately deep in.

They also split up the progression boosts into two tracks, one that resets on the prestige2, and one that doesn't which is kind of nice.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
If you play the steam version of it, you can also just Cheat Engine and run things at 10-50x speed which makes it fairly tolerable again.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Cool, I'm working on those things, so I guess I'm on track. Thanks!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So what's the initial strat for evil?

I've just completed the chocolate set and basically have no more drops to get from normal mode, but from what i'm reading on the wiki, i don't have enough stats to idle the evilverse yet (i've only got 6 Trillion power and 3 Trillion Toughness).

Someone mentioned your PP rate shoots way up, should i head into evil next to finish off the rest of the normal Perks?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Kin posted:

So what's the initial strat for evil?

I've just completed the chocolate set and basically have no more drops to get from normal mode, but from what i'm reading on the wiki, i don't have enough stats to idle the evilverse yet (i've only got 6 Trillion power and 3 Trillion Toughness).

Someone mentioned your PP rate shoots way up, should i head into evil next to finish off the rest of the normal Perks?

If you’re in the discord, check the pinned message on the evil room. You want to save up enough PP so you can buy the “welcome to evil” perk which gives you a bunch more adventure stats.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like to pump up the Advanced Training for Wandoos to like 500-600 before getting it going and I was wondering, is there a way to tell how much I should actually be pumping it? Will higher levels of Advanced Training just lower the caps on Energy/Magic dump?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Oodles posted:

If you’re in the discord, check the pinned message on the evil room. You want to save up enough PP so you can buy the “welcome to evil” perk which gives you a bunch more adventure stats.

Cheers, i'll jump on and have a look

Pope Guilty posted:

I like to pump up the Advanced Training for Wandoos to like 500-600 before getting it going and I was wondering, is there a way to tell how much I should actually be pumping it? Will higher levels of Advanced Training just lower the caps on Energy/Magic dump?

It might not be the most efficient, but i always dumped about 15k of levels into it and then bumped that up to 50k for where i am (chocolate world), combined with my Wandoos NGU being at about 5 million (and Wandoos XP at level 100, etc), it brings down the energy/magic requirements to under 4 million for each. I've got energy and power in the billions so it's barely noticeable.

Anyway, yeah the higher the advanced training levels the less energy/magic you need to dump into it. At a certain point i'm assuming super high NGU wandoos levels make that advanced training thing redundant as it'll reduce it to 1 energy/magic at some point way down the line.

For how much to dump in there i'd say if it's taking you a while to get to level 500, i wouldn't worry too much about min/maxing the advanced training. At a certain point you'll have billions of energy, then you just throw a few billion or so onto each one and let it run for ages. Basically 7 billion or so energy will let it level up at its fastest speed well into the 100k level range. I kinda stopped keeping track of it at that point as i dump energy into it at the 12 minute mark or a rebirth and then leave the game for about an hour or so before coming back and putting the energy into NGUs for the next 23 hours.

There's probably a level of advanced training where it's not that useful to put more into it and just accept that it's kind of a soft cap for where you are in the game. If anyone knows what that is i'd be more than glad to hear it because i've probably got enough energy to hit a million+ levels with the bar maxxed, but i dunno if it's worth doing that as it'll take a good few hours still.

Kin fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kin posted:

There's probably a level of advanced training where it's not that useful to put more into it and just accept that it's kind of a soft cap for where you are in the game. If anyone knows what that is i'd be more than glad to hear it because i've probably got enough energy to hit a million+ levels with the bar maxxed, but i dunno if it's worth doing that as it'll take a good few hours still.

Advanced training is never affected by the divisors that evil and sadistic bring, so eventually you just put a few million (out of the trillions, quadrillions, or quintillions) of energy you have into them and leave them alone. Honestly, there should be a perk, quirk, or wish that just handles maxing them out for you as a convenience thing post-rebirth since they're necessary but require zero ongoing management.