Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

https://twitter.com/jkranites/status/1248054675733127168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

So who are the Top 20 Women's wrestlers?

It's a bunch of women from the Joshi scene, plus probably Sara Del Rey & Mildred Burke. Maybe Cheerleader Melissa, it's been too long since I watched SHIMMER. But it's names like Hokuto, Kong, Nakano, Lioness Asuka, Nagayo, Yokota, Sekimoto, Ueda, Sato, Kudo. Io Shirai for modern workers has a far better case than Charlotte Flair.

If you never saw it at the time, there's a tweet in the Joshi thread with a link to an archive of the All Japan Women Classics shows & it's great way to get familiar with these greats.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I like big bitches who are not afraid of a bold colour scheme.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Charlotte is a low rent SDR and everyone but WWE knows this. We all laugh into our sleeves when they say Charlotte is ready now. Maybe in 10 years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I have never seen so many lies in so few words since the most recent Trump tweet.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

coconono posted:

Charlotte is a low rent SDR and everyone but WWE knows this. We all laugh into our sleeves when they say Charlotte is ready now. Maybe in 10 years.
Actually she’s a low rent Norman Smiley

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

coconono posted:

Charlotte carrying her company with her mouth noted for such famous xharismatic memorable moments like

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

I have never seen so many lies in so few words since the most recent Trump tweet.

All these people just want WWE to see their tweets and give them an unpaid “social media ambassador” gig

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

coconono posted:

Salberto del rio

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

if charlotte did the big wiggle then she'd really be the best women's wrestler in the world

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can she even wiggle? I know she can jiggle.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/Flykilangelo/status/1246988967951699974

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The worst part eas him comparing her to Ric in saying like him she could work any style anywhere which means he literally has never seen Ric wrestle either.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

The worst part eas him comparing her to Ric in saying like him she could work any style anywhere which means he literally has never seen Ric wrestle either.

She can't even work the house style that's specifically built around her correctly, let alone any other kind

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feel bad for Charlotte having to try to save that spot when her opponent won't get into position.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like that split-second pause where Charlotte realizes that Carmella is nowhere close to catching her but decides to go through with the pre-scripted spot anyway.

It's pretty impressive how the WWE house style makes people either incapable or afraid of doing any improvisation whatsoever. A normal wrestler in a normal company would know to do literally anything else in that situation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if i were charlotte i would simply have done a quebrada

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Charlotte needs to start randomly quoting piper promos and making the WCW air fingersign they cut her mic off.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Oh yeah, Ric's an all-timer, maybe even the GOAT as a performer, but it's 100% not because of his chameleonic ability to mimic any style in the ring.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Benne posted:

I like that split-second pause where Charlotte realizes that Carmella is nowhere close to catching her but decides to go through with the pre-scripted spot anyway.

It's pretty impressive how the WWE house style makes people either incapable or afraid of doing any improvisation whatsoever. A normal wrestler in a normal company would know to do literally anything else in that situation.

wrestlers aren't wrestlers if they can't adapt and adjust according to the crowd and the flow of the match. most PC graduates can't be bad workers because they aren't workers in the first place. they're athletes that are taught a rigid series of spots that they rehearse for a month in the performance center. athleticism is the least important part of pro wrestling and the PC values it above anything else

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is the Rude vs Chono match available anywhere online?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ric's greatest ability as a wrestler was making his opponent look like a legitimate challenger. Charlotte's is I guess stiffing her opponent unnecessarily and making weird grunts when she starts getting tired :shrug:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Low Desert Punk posted:

wrestlers aren't wrestlers if they can't adapt and adjust according to the crowd and the flow of the match. most PC graduates can't be bad workers because they aren't workers in the first place. they're athletes that are taught a rigid series of spots that they rehearse for a month in the performance center. athleticism is the least important part of pro wrestling and the PC values it above anything else

One of my favourite things to follow in wrestling is like the careers of people that clearly aren't big athletes who debut; because its often a lot more rewarding to follow the wrestler that has to loving work really hard to learn everything they can to get better at wrestling over the people that are world class athletes and can use that to cover up their flaws. Often its the former that end up as the better wrestlers since the latter assume that they'll always have their athleticism so don't learn things and then when they lose it; they lost most of what makes them good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

IceAgeComing posted:

One of my favourite things to follow in wrestling is like the careers of people that clearly aren't big athletes who debut; because its often a lot more rewarding to follow the wrestler that has to loving work really hard to learn everything they can to get better at wrestling over the people that are world class athletes and can use that to cover up their flaws. Often its the former that end up as the better wrestlers since the latter assume that they'll always have their athleticism so don't learn things and then when they lose it; they lost most of what makes them good.
I'm actually curious to read a list of your examples of those two types

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I mean the most obvious of the former is Bryan Danielson.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The guy who did his fair share of high school sports before going into pro wrestling?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
CM Punk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1248748815412154371

Ah yes, the guy who accused Kenny Omega of grooming Riho is definitely getting an AEW job

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
that tweet is like an AEW employee saying Russo should be Raw general manager or something.

Though tbh that sounds better than current Raw.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1248748815412154371

Ah yes, the guy who accused Kenny Omega of grooming Riho is definitely getting an AEW job

Or the guy who has stayed "relevant" by constantly complaining about AEW is going to get hired by AEW

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

What better way to push this modern take on old-school tag teams than to saddle them with a racist fuckwit who hasn't been relevant in over a decade?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

CM Punk

this is probably the best example of recent times. Punk wouldn't last a week in the Performance Center doing their nonsense crossfit drills and combines and poo poo but he was a better worker than most PC graduates put together

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1248758327804334080

I couldn't resist tapping the glass in this case. :(

MJeff fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 11, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Performance Center spends all that time doing crossfit bullshit and yet they wrestle a low-tempo style and everyone is blown up anyways

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/BeastAmongUs13/status/1248795878455783427?s=20

is it satire? who knows

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This dude has figured out the real problem with bringing Cornette into AEW

https://twitter.com/Ry_Bailey/status/1248751183130505216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001