Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks. I hate it.

replace it with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

American McGay posted:

They're pretty rare unless you've got a meteor shower event in which case you'll get like 5 a minute every minute for 6 hours.

They give off an audio cue beforehand and also appear in clusters of 3 or 4 so never just sit there staring at the sky waiting. Just listen and if you hear one then start looking for like 20 seconds.

Villagers will mention early in the day if a meteor shower will happen sometimes later in the day also. I'd never have caught on otherwise.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

replace it with this

I’d be proud to be a Racoons Goons. :colbert:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

same well I saw one but I had a net in hand and I mashed A to no effect

I saw one but didn’t remember that I needed to push a button until after it was gone lol... I thought seeing it was just a sign that some star fragments would appear and I just went running off in its direction and thought “poo poo I need to press A!!” right as it disappeared

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
is there a use for gold beyond gold tools (which i have none unlocked)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it's a high level crafting material and is pretty rare. Don't sell it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ok because i have 10 gold nuggets and just keep them in storage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Come to my place and grab this sweet recipe from Puck.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

well i did just that.

thanks.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

awesome.......

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
Grabbed it, thanks mate.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I live in a despicable timezone, so I'm guessing that is part of it, but do people not open gates much outside turnip trading? I'm definitely curious to see some more island + re-visit some, too, because it is neat seeing what people make, but rarely finding destinations @ airport! Just a general request for people who don't mind visitors zooming around to open gates :)

Also, if anyone have lilies growing natively then I'm def keen on picking some seeds up!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I usually try to keep mine open if I'm afk but if I'm doing design work around the island then I'll keep it closed because of how limited your actions are when there are people visiting.

They need to make it so that you can see on the friends list if someone has their gate open so you don't have to go all the way down to the airport and click through 14 dialogue boxes just to check and see.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

found an awesome recipe that brings my fruit grotto to the next level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

very cool

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Evil Eagle posted:

I got this but its a dung beetle...

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Long flight to get there though lol, but real nice visit @ Balferia again! Didn't get to see it all, but gonna return :) o dang, I forgot to leave a billboard msg, will have to be next time

No worry if not, but I'd def like to request a copy of the toybox you had in the Easter-themed room, if that's something it is easy to order @ nookshop and not super expensive. I want a nursery/kids room, so been looking for stuff like that, but haven't found much yet!

Thanks again for hosting!

American McGay posted:

They need to make it so that you can see on the friends list if someone has their gate open so you don't have to go all the way down to the airport and click through 14 dialogue boxes just to check and see.

Yeah, this would really rock. I really like visiting, but this stuff could be a lot sleeker for sure & that'd be a big improvement.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
someone please post a good turnip price.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
turnips are 157 today

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

turnips are 157 today

hit me up with the code mate i don't think we're friends

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

hit me up with the code mate i don't think we're friends

FH972

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
they were probably way higher yesterday or this morning but i forgot to check lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

lol uh my wife found someone with like 600 so if i can get in with all these other freaks joining and leaving i think i'll be good ... thank u tho sir.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bob's brother and heehee's wife have got all the hookups.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Could only play fishing tourney for one hour because I was out all day. Didn’t get everything but I’ll be back in July.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Btw you can still catch Easter eggs so bring as much bait as you can. Although if you get a good route going you won’t really need bait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Btw you can still catch Easter eggs

:ughh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Interest check for a 8-man fishing tourney raid at 2PM EST.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still sitting on 2000 turnips... Fingers crossed

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is it always high midweek and low on weekends?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had 450 last night. Pretty sure it's just random and all those trend tracking websites are just using New Leaf data.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well my islands open with 7485V, if we get 4+ ppl we can run Fish Raids.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

whats a fish raid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you get huge points for doing co-op tourneys is all

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

I had 450 last night

Cool. Nice.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
turns out each island has a pattern for the money tree that will let you collect more than 30,000 bells on certain days.

for example, you may get this pattern (X = more, O = 30,000 cap) X O O X O X O O X O

you need to experiment and keep track to figure it out.

seems cool

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

i haven't run into any water eggs when i stick to the ocean. also i thought of this last night and it is coming in handy:

https://twitter.com/qss12222323/status/1248760676023029762?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

you get huge points for doing co-op tourneys is all

lets do this