Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Not being specific upfront because spoilers, but during one cutscene in FF7R, a square button prompt came up at the bottom left that said “menu”, and it was one of those press-and-hold types with the circle filling in. But...nothing happened.

Anyone know what that was? It was during the nightmare sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PS4s can get loud (even Pros), but I'd start by cleaning it. If you have a Slim model, you can get to the fan without needing a screwdriver. The top cover comes off with a bit of force (I'd look up some photos or a video). If it's an original model you'll need to do some unscrewing. Just a bit of canned air can make a big difference. Don't forget the side vents.

e:though, to be clear, this can but won't necessarily help.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Also watch out for spider nests

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

haveblue posted:

Yeah, that feature was glonked on top of a lot of games that didn’t expect it by an OS update so their API call timing, which was fine for the banner display, is now really bad for screenshots.

And most developers aren't going to remotely bother fixing it, which is frustrating.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cheers for the replies

The sound doesn't particularly bother me, it was the idea that I might have just bought a dying console that was giving me pause

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Not being specific upfront because spoilers, but during one cutscene in FF7R, a square button prompt came up at the bottom left that said “menu”, and it was one of those press-and-hold types with the circle filling in. But...nothing happened.

Anyone know what that was? It was during the nightmare sequence.
If you press it, it pops up the menu after the cutscene but before the battle, if you need to make any changes

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Why is Red Dead Redemption 2 giving me event notifications even though I uninstalled it like two months ago?

E: I have Events disabled in the notifications menu too.

From way back, but same. It’s annoying.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m getting real tired of the big reoccurring story element that keeps coming up in FF7 remake. It’s now changing story beats from the original for the way worse and I’m sick of it. The payoff for the addition has to be amazing because it’s crap so far.

When they adapt or slightly expand upon the original material it’s been amazing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

I’m getting real tired of the big reoccurring story element that keeps coming up in FF7 remake. It’s now changing story beats from the original for the way worse and I’m sick of it. The payoff for the addition has to be amazing because it’s crap so far.

When they adapt or slightly expand upon the original material it’s been amazing.

i don't know what's going on with this game exactly but it's becoming increasingly clear that it's not a straight remake, i'm at chapter 8 and twice now cloud has had "flashbacks" to events that haven't happened yet

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The combat in Control sucks so loving much

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Black Stones posted:

I don't know what recurring element you're talking about but there's a lot changed from the original as I remember it. The plot beats have been mostly the same so far, but the circumstances and motivations that bring the characters to that point are completely different. It's more like a FFVII Story Randomizer, this time with force ghosts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ff7 ruins the immersion in its town scenes by having npcs bark constantly and fill up a chat log on the side of the screen like dragons dogma pawns all constantly howling.
It would be way better if you had to talk to them to hear them and also give them all some bare minimum interactivity instead of just being obstacles that shout useless barks.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I only had to play FF 7 R for a short amount of time before it became obvious that someone or something is trying to course correct the events of the original game so they play out differently. That’s totally my prediction for this. FF 7 “Remake”, I get it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The combat in Control sucks so loving much

I agree but here comes the defense force to talk about the freedom of flight while killing the same 3 enemies with bad ai

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Oxxidation posted:

i don't know what's going on with this game exactly but it's becoming increasingly clear that it's not a straight remake, i'm at chapter 8 and twice now cloud has had "flashbacks" to events that haven't happened yet

Yeah, I have a feeling of what they’re hinting at. But I just finished chapter 12 and they’ve changed some story elements slightly and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So if is going the way I think it is they better go wild.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know what recurring element you're talking about but there's a lot changed from the original as I remember it. The plot beats have been mostly the same so far, but the circumstances and motivations that bring the characters to that point are completely different. It's more like a FFVII Story Randomizer, this time with force ghosts.

The force ghosts. Every time they show up it’s to do some dumb bullshit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
more like FF7: YC(N)R

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They have said since the beginning there was going to be changes so I’m not sure why that’s surprising.

It’s a remake not a remaster

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are people gonna do the Game of Thrones thing where they randomly post spoilers as "speculation"

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I agree but here comes the defense force to talk about the freedom of flight while killing the same 3 enemies with bad ai

idk I feel like a lot of people make the mistake of playing it like a shooter instead of using the powers a bunch. Launch is never not fun to use

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

idk I feel like a lot of people make the mistake of playing it like a shooter instead of using the powers a bunch. Launch is never not fun to use
I'm using the powers constantly and any of their prolonged fights are still miserable

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What was the best arcade racing game released on PS4? Remasters are ok. Bonus points if they have licensed cars.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I'm using the powers constantly and any of their prolonged fights are still miserable

#1 important piece of advice is probably using Levitate more often. Enemies have reduced accuracy against you in the air and you don't have as many things obstructing your line of fire. Upgrade health + use at least 1 health mod if you aren't already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Housh posted:

What was the best arcade racing game released on PS4? Remasters are ok. Bonus points if they have licensed cars.
Depends on exactly what you mean by "arcade racing game", but my two favs are Burnout Paradise + Onrush

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

homeless snail posted:

Depends on exactly what you mean by "arcade racing game", but my two favs are Burnout Paradise + Onrush
Sega arcade games and Need for Speed

Yeah, I'm eyeing the Burnout remake.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Which need for speed has the fmv in it

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which need for speed has the fmv in it

Need for Speed

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m the guy who got a free month of EA Access and played through all of Need For Speed, the FMV one . Boy was the acting worse then I thought it could possibly be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOXpuNQOH0A

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m the guy who got a free month of EA Access and played through all of Need For Speed, the FMV one . Boy was the acting worse then I thought it could possibly be.

I heard the game as a whole isn't that bad actually. Been thinking about doing the free month trial just to try it out along with NFS Heat.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have said since the beginning there was going to be changes so I’m not sure why that’s surprising.

It’s a remake not a remaster

Changes are fine. They changed a lot of how the Wall Market scene went, and it really worked! They’ve added new characters and changed up scenes. I’m totally on board.

Being a remake doesn’t mean you have to go “oh yeah that change was totally for the better and not stupid” I’m not upset that something changed, I’m annoyed because specifically the spooky ghost thing has been a poo poo plot device that has changed some dramatic scenes for the worse. Like I said, it’s an amazing game otherwise.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Control allows me to live out the obscene telekinetic fantasies promised to me originally by Beyond: Two Souls and I will fall all over myself defending its awesome combat engine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Black Stones posted:

Changes are fine. They changed a lot of how the Wall Market scene went, and it really worked! They’ve added new characters and changed up scenes. I’m totally on board.

Being a remake doesn’t mean you have to go “oh yeah that change was totally for the better and not stupid” I’m not upset that something changed, I’m annoyed because specifically the spooky ghost thing has been a poo poo plot device that has changed some dramatic scenes for the worse. Like I said, it’s an amazing game otherwise.

I mean the guy who said they shouldn’t change things.

Like most remakes change things.

Even the RE2 remake changed things and those stories are uh not the point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Shinra Middle Manager: They should only change a couple things about the remake!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Funny video but idk why it repeats 3 times.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bust Rodd posted:

Control allows me to live out the obscene telekinetic fantasies promised to me originally by Beyond: Two Souls and I will fall all over myself defending its awesome combat engine.

:same:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They never said what game they were remaking, turns out the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is actually a remake of Shenmue

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have Control coming in the mail this week, I wonder if I'll have FF7R done in time

homeless snail posted:

They never said what game they were remaking, turns out the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is actually a remake of Shenmue

There are so many things that have made me realize this is basically a Yakuza game, the truncation just reinforces it by making the climax the climb up the Millennium Shinra Tower

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Black Stones posted:

The force ghosts. Every time they show up it’s to do some dumb bullshit.

You should think about what they're actually doing a bit more.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

If you press it, it pops up the menu after the cutscene but before the battle, if you need to make any changes

Ohhhhh, neat! And also very handy. I remember that happening but didn’t make the connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Hell yeah.