Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate
Also speed mods. I stole some speed mods from my fastest (JKR) team specifically for the unlocking.

Shoulda mentioned that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I did the event at G11 on everyone but carth and juhani (G10 and G8 respectively). That phase was still a pain in the rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jesus In A Can posted:

Also speed mods. I stole some speed mods from my fastest (JKR) team specifically for the unlocking.

Shoulda mentioned that.

that was the first thing I did when I had trouble. So mods are good, its just GL.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Reading the op has been a fun experience wherein I discover that I appear to have done a great many things very wrong, the first of which was finding a game that seemed neat and not immediately looking for the goon thread as soon as I latched :cripes:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I got Unmasked Kylo Ren to Red gear level and then find out there are a dozen super long and grindy task left to unlock the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren event.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ChickenWing posted:

Reading the op has been a fun experience wherein I discover that I appear to have done a great many things very wrong, the first of which was finding a game that seemed neat and not immediately looking for the goon thread as soon as I latched :cripes:

It's never too late. Come to the discord channel at least.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

So I got Unmasked Kylo Ren to Red gear level and then find out there are a dozen super long and grindy task left to unlock the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren event.

lmao.

Oh sweet little youngling, you know nothing of the pain of SLKR. (And Rey.)

Each requires 12 characters to have between 3 and 7 relic levels, as well as 5 stars on their factions new respective capital ship. (Which, if you haven’t spent any money or crystals on them, that last one won’t be possible until late this/early next month probably). In either case both also requires the two newest members of the faction (Hux/Redtrooper, NewFinn/NewPoe) who have all only been farmable since January at the earliest or, like, 2 weeks ago in the case of Poe. And also some of the most useless members of each faction (Rose, Old Poe, Resistance Pilot, Phasma, both FO Tie Pilots). Oh, and you need to relic both Vet Han for Kylo and Vet Chewie for Rey.

And then after that, it’s not over! Once you’ve unlocked the event, in order to actually get the character, you need to farm new dark side or light side event tickets (which can’t be farmed until you meet the prereqs). They drop at a fixed drop rate on any dark or light side node respectively, which means the best way to farm them is to waste energy on a useless 6 energy node with no good gear. It takes 420 of these tickets to run the event enough times for the 7 star unlock, assuming you never lose, but you should probably assume you’ll waste anywhere from 30 to 100 tickets. (Oh, and that drop rate is like 1/3. So if you do, say, 3x50 and 3x100 refreshes and only spend dark side energy, on a 6er, you’ve got, say, 40-50 tickets per day coming in max.)

Oh, and then it’s still not over. Because then, once you’ve geared up your shiny new supreme leader (kyrotechs more like kylotechs, and don’t even get me started on his stungun count), you’ll need another 120 tickets for event tiers 4 and 5, which have no rewards other than a title and a portrait, and allowing you to unlock a Tier 6. Which costs 70 tickets per run, and which you need to complete 10 times. (So, 700 tickets, but again, hard event, so more realistically, probably ~900-1100). Why do you need to do that? Because each character has an “Ultimate Ability” that requires ten “Ultimate Ability Materials” from tier 6 of their respective event to unlock. To say nothing of the fact that they both also have (read, need) six zeta abilities.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo. And I've faced him a few times in PVP matches too, so there are some serious whales out there.

And yea I think i'll keep focusing on getting Darth Revan and improving my Jedi Revan PVP team. Its Revan, Bastilla, Jolee Bindu, Hermit Yoda and Grand Master Yoda. I found my Sith/Empire Team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion and Nihlus was still doing okay, but it felt too old compared to what I was facing.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
R7 matt seems like a legit good dude for grand arena. That rear end in a top hat is hard to kill

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

*wants Darth Malek event to come back*

*finally gets Darth Malek event to come back*

Holy poo poo, this event is hard. I can get Malek down to just him with no back ups, but suddenly he becomes unbeatable. At least on the Light Side Path. Going to try Dark Side Path now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

*wants Darth Malek event to come back*

*finally gets Darth Malek event to come back*

Holy poo poo, this event is hard. I can get Malek down to just him with no back ups, but suddenly he becomes unbeatable. At least on the Light Side Path. Going to try Dark Side Path now.

Dark side is p easy, just kill the side-bots forever until you have a gajillion stacks, then Drevan can gently caress malak up.

Light-side is a slog, though, here's a guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkUY4m52d0A

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Dark side is p easy, just kill the side-bots forever until you have a gajillion stacks, then Drevan can gently caress malak up.

Yup, beat the Dark Side Path, gonna work on the Light Side Path now. Thanks for the video, gonna check it out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Since when have Vet Han and Chewie been Resistance Keyworded? They also made my team insane, I was able to nearly beat the Rancor with just them. I was afraid to knock off the last 30% with another team, but holy poo poo was that surprising.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

twistedmentat posted:

Since when have Vet Han and Chewie been Resistance Keyworded? They also made my team insane, I was able to nearly beat the Rancor with just them. I was afraid to knock off the last 30% with another team, but holy poo poo was that surprising.

Basically when they released the galactic legends.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

About a month ago.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Lots of good info here, but he seems to be able to target the Stasis Fields, and unless I’m missing something, I can’t do that, and can only hit them with mass attacks. Was this changed at some point?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

thrawn527 posted:

Lots of good info here, but he seems to be able to target the Stasis Fields, and unless I’m missing something, I can’t do that, and can only hit them with mass attacks. Was this changed at some point?

You can definitely target them, but the target box is kind of small.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
And higher up than you'd think.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh for crying out loud.

Yup, that certainly helped. I beat it now. That was pretty crucial, for me, at least.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

Oh for crying out loud.

Yup, that certainly helped. I beat it now. That was pretty crucial, for me, at least.

I won't ask how many attempts you made without targetting the stasis fields but holy poo poo

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

I won't ask how many attempts you made without targetting the stasis fields but holy poo poo

...a lot.

I tried. On more than one occasion. I swear. But knowing to aim higher than I think I should did the trick.

edit: Like, I decided that I just needed to try and use mass attacks with Zalbaar and JKR to slowly pick away at the stasis fields, and if I was lucky, and fed them enough turns, I could finish off one of them before he absorbed them. Once I was able to actually take out all 4, while occasionally taking out a robot here and there, so I get to the end and he has almost no buffs? My god, the world of difference.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing, but at least I have DM now. And I saved enough Zetas and other stuff that I have all his abilities fully upgraded and I have him at GL8 and one piece away from GL9. Though those stars will take a while.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 19, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

In case anyone missed the announcement.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-mandalorian-update

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can get to the final battle easily in the Darth Revan node i'm on, but the droid boss keeps going into one of those states were it just keeps attacking until my entire team is dead. There's nothing I can do, so i must be doing something wrong, but I cannot target it until the turrets are destroyed.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

twistedmentat posted:

I can get to the final battle easily in the Darth Revan node i'm on, but the droid boss keeps going into one of those states were it just keeps attacking until my entire team is dead. There's nothing I can do, so i must be doing something wrong, but I cannot target it until the turrets are destroyed.

You don't want to kill all the adds since the boss gets a big buff and mow down your team if you do that. That said, it gains bonus protection based on the number of allies, so you'll want to kill a few of them. The turrets do more damage, so kill those and one of the spider droids before focusing the boss. Use your fears to reduce incoming damage from the adds. Oddly enough I had more trouble on the 3/4 for that one since the marauders destroy your team if you get stuck behind taunt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The problem i keep having in that part is that even with just one spiderdroid left, the boss droid still regens more armor than I can knock off. I can absolutely destroy the other 3 nodes but my damage seems to drop by a factor of 10 going into that last part.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

The problem i keep having in that part is that even with just one spiderdroid left, the boss droid still regens more armor than I can knock off. I can absolutely destroy the other 3 nodes but my damage seems to drop by a factor of 10 going into that last part.

Which tier is this? I'll play around on it.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

CaptainPsyko posted:

Which tier is this? I'll play around on it.

Tier 5 is the one with the droid at the end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kirtar posted:

Tier 5 is the one with the droid at the end.

Yea, and everyones GL11 except Canderus who's GL10, everyone has their zetas and i've maxed out nearly all their mods. Carth is the leader because he's the only one with a leader ability.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

What is all this? Bring this talk into the discord, everyone!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Or keep it here. It's fine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alright! Darth Revan Acquired. He'll replace someone on my Sith team, either demoting Palpatine from leader or replacing Thrawn.

Thank god I will never have to do those frustrating missions again.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Alright! Darth Revan Acquired. He'll replace someone on my Sith team, either demoting Palpatine from leader or replacing Thrawn.

Thank god I will never have to do those frustrating missions again.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay so I'm just never going to be able to star up Malak now? It'll take like 25 territory battle sequences, ugh.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

mdemone posted:

Okay so I'm just never going to be able to star up Malak now? It'll take like 25 territory battle sequences, ugh.

Yeah Malak and GAS are super annoying that way. I just finished GAS and have now done all the GET shard farms. I probably should save a bunch for whoever they put in there next but gently caress that, so good to be able to spend it on gear again

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Well, yea there's going to be new frustrating missions. There's always more and it's always worse.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

mdemone posted:

The good news is that he is already useful at 5 stars on the right Sith team. Check my profile for how switching from a Jedi Revan team to a Darth Revan team, with a 5 Star Malek, took me from Arena rank 160 to Arena rank 80.

https://swgoh.gg/p/182138554/

Malek is a beast, and my team can only go up from here. Though yeah, it's gonna take forever.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yep and it helps that I could give him a mod set that pushes his speed over 300 even at g11.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can confirm that 5 star malak is still annoying. He is a lot easier to kill (I have one shot 5* Malaks with JKA AoE), but his kit still does its job.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

twistedmentat posted:

Well, yea there's going to be new frustrating missions. There's always more and it's always worse.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: There's always more and it's always worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I find myself in an interesting place at the moment, in that I'm happy with my arena team (other than needing to farm Malek, which will take forever, and Relic everyone else, which is a specific farm), so I suddenly realize I can farm...whatever I want for a while. Sure, I should probably farm Seps to grab Padme, and I will a little bit, but I'm gonna spend to time to farm some teams I've been wanting to for a while now, but haven't had the time to.

With that in mind, I'm sure this question has been asked a ton, but google doesn't necessarily help because I don't know how old certain threads are and if they're up to date. What's the current best NS team? I know Talzin (L), Daka, Ventress. But after that, what? Is Zombie still the way to go? Talia? Or is Acolyte the 5th to round it out? Or is Spirit worth it instead?

Am I right that Initiate isn't worth a drat?