Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i can believe it. the whole thing is a cascading nightmare for everyone and trumps child like narcissistic sociopath can't loving handle poo poo. it doesnt help that the economy wont recover fast(if at all) from this hell.
Any decent economist who isn't a hack has said that the damage from this will last a long time. It's not going to be this quick turnaround, despite what Trump's cheese brain keeps telling him. Small businesses especially are not going to come back if they have to shut down. We have a primarily service-based economy and that sector is going to eat poo poo for a long time, because I guarantee people aren't going to be running back to bars and restaurants like they were before, maybe ever. It's not going to be the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Trump is looking for CSPAM callers to get his fix that says something. That’s like a heroin addict resorting to Krokodil.

this. i am curious how desperate he is gonna get.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Any decent economist who isn't a hack has said that the damage from this will last a long time. It's not going to be this quick turnaround, despite what Trump's cheese brain keeps telling him. Small businesses especially are not going to come back if they have to shut down. We have a primarily service-based economy and that sector is going to eat poo poo for a long time, because I guarantee people aren't going to be running back to bars and restaurants like they were before, maybe ever. It's not going to be the same.

yeah. well, gently caress trump i guess.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Real talk, has anyone else been able to find toilet paper? Going on week 5 with no resupply.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Trump is looking for CSPAM callers to get his fix that says something. That’s like a heroin addict resorting to Krokodil.

i imagine trump would not enjoy being called by cspam :v:

Arglebargle III posted:

Real talk, has anyone else been able to find toilet paper? Going on week 5 with no resupply.

some local groceries have had it (the smaller and less white the better, although I got a package from the Main One) and iirc office depot carries it too?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I got two packs through Amazon Fresh. Weeks ago I tried it for the first time and everything was out of stock, but yesterday morning they appeared to have replenished. At the end of the process I realized that it's not the ordering that's the problem, but that no delivery slots were available.

So I kept the tab opened while I worked and refreshed it every couple of minutes. About two hours later a slot opened for the evening and I grabbed it. Worked great.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

Ask at the grocery or drug store. They can tell you when the truck is coming time your biweekly or whatever grocery / medicines run to it and show up early that day. They are getting regular deliveries and there hasn’t been a supply interruption yet.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Get a bidet

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249117097365508097

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Arglebargle III posted:

We picked some up at Costco today, thirty minutes before closing. They had a big display of Charmin out. Plenty of paper towels, disinfecting wipes, etc. as well.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

This is surprising considering that Newsom was talking about California operating like a nation-state in lieu of federal support or leadership just this week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The gently caress

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
USPOL Endtimes: That is the good news, but this is the bad.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 12, 2020

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

The gently caress is this about?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Edmund Lava posted:

The gently caress is this about?

A really really confused attempt at Divide and Conquer.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

I've gotten 3 rolls for free this week alone. :shrug:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

GreyjoyBastard posted:

some local groceries have had it (the smaller and less white the better, although I got a package from the Main One) and iirc office depot carries it too?

A ream of printer paper is no substitute for TP.

Ream

Reamed in the butt by a ream of printer paper

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The gently caress

Sounds like Newsom pulled a Zelensky.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

1glitch0 posted:

Or he could stop watching tv and do his goddamn job.

You'd think that voters would care that the president was watching TV all day but they don't.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was there a press conference today

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yes, because we live in a world where packages don't exist.

Dingus.

also the Digital/Tech Divide is a thing.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One step removed from “spitting in each others mouths to own the Libs”

loving ted cruz went to HLS and clerked for Rehnquist I do not understand how he can be this stupid. people i know from my second tier canadian law school who clerked for an appellate judge are brilliant. i can't imagine the level he's operating on

like sure he's playing a part for power etc but like does he even recognize himself on tv

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Would rather they replace Biden with Newsom than Cuomo TBH.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
NIH Begins Study to Quantify Undetected Cases of Coronavirus Infection
niaid.nih.gov/April 10, 2020
"Blood Samples from Healthy Volunteers Needed to Inform Public Health Decision Making"
"A new study has begun recruiting at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland to determine how many adults in the United States without a confirmed history of infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), have antibodies to the virus. The presence of antibodies in the blood indicates a prior infection. In this “serosurvey,” researchers will collect and analyze blood samples from as many as 10,000 volunteers to provide critical data for epidemiological models. The results will help illuminate the extent to which the novel coronavirus has spread undetected in the United States and provide insights into which communities and populations are most affected."

Coronavirus tracked: the latest figures as the pandemic spreads | Free to read
ft.com/2 hours ago
[As always, includes graph wherein our medal count continues to rise above all of the weak countries.]

Iceland has tested more of its population for coronavirus than anywhere else. Here's what it learned
usatoday.com/Apr. 10, 2020
"Iceland has achieved something no other country has: tested 10% of its population for coronavirus, a figure far higher than anywhere else in the world.

No country or scientist or doctor has all the answers about the pandemic that has swept the globe, infecting more than 1.6 million people and killing at least 95,000.

But some places, such as tiny Iceland, Europe's most sparsely populated country – pop. 364,134, broadly equivalent to the number of people in Tulsa, Oklahoma – may be better placed to deliver some types of coronavirus information, and even answers than most, at least in the short term, according to public health experts, international government officials and others involved in responding to the outbreak."

Trump Has Emergency Powers We Aren’t Allowed to Know About
nytimes.com/opinion/April 10, 2020
"Given that they could make their first appearance in the coronavirus crisis, Congress should insist on having full access to them.
By Elizabeth Goitein and Andrew Boyle
Ms. Goitein and Mr. Boyle work at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law."
'The past few weeks have given Americans a crash course in the powers that federal, state and local governments wield during emergencies. We’ve seen businesses closed down, citizens quarantined and travel restricted. When President Trump declared emergencies on March 13 under both the Stafford Act and the National Emergencies Act, he boasted, “I have the right to do a lot of things that people don’t even know about.”

The president is right. Some of the most potent emergency powers at his disposal are likely ones we can’t know about, because they are not contained in any publicly available laws. Instead, they are set forth in classified documents known as “presidential emergency action documents.”'

The rising number of deaths at homes have NYPD detectives fighting an 'invisible bullet'
cnn.com/April 10, 2020
'As coronavirus ravages the city, New York Police Department detectives are responding to a significant rise in calls to homes where a death is reported, an increase one detective called "overwhelming."

Detectives are often the first to go inside homes where a death is reported. Lately, most of the calls involved a person who died from a Covid-19 infection.

"Any death, detectives have to respond and make sure it's of natural causes and conduct an investigation," says NYPD Detective Endowment Association President Paul DiGiacomo, who estimates his members are seeing triple the amount of dead on arrival (DOA) calls they normally have.'
'"Now, I am a pair of eyeballs and a mask trying to do my job," he said. "Imagine someone in a complete plastic suit trying to comfort you."'

The Supreme Court’s Latest Betrayal Should Be Its Last
crooked.com/Apr.10.20
"With their decision forcing Wisconsinites to choose between protecting their lives and exercising their right to vote, the Supreme Court’s conservative justices have fully revealed themselves as partisan operatives working hand-in-hand with the Republican Party and the Trump administration to dismantle democracy and entrench themselves as a permanent ruling minority. There can no longer be any doubt about their intentions. The only question remaining is what can be done to stop them."

[Caution: All true and repostable at your social media holdouts, but not revolutionary in its suggestions.]

Mafia distributes food to Italy's struggling residents
theguardian.com/10 Apr 2020
"Organised crime groups offer support to quarantined families who have run out of cash"
"As Italy struggles to pull its economy through the coronavirus crisis, the Mafia is gaining local support by distributing free food to poor families in quarantine who have run out of cash, authorities have warned.

In recent weeks, videos have surfaced of known Mafia gangs delivering essential goods to Italians hit hard by the coronavirus emergency across the poorest southern regions of Campania, Calabria, Sicily and Puglia, as tensions rise across the country."

Fascists Are Using COVID-19 to Advance Their Agenda. It’s Up to Us to Stop Them.
truthout.org/April 11, 2020
"The COVID-19 crisis is a story of a predictable pandemic. It is a result of the willful ignorance of the impact of the climate crisis and unsustainable expansion, a failure of multiple governments and the intentional under-resourcing of public health and medical systems. It results from our societies’ ignoring of the conditions for poor people, the unhoused, disabled and chronically ill people, sex workers, migrants, communities of color and street-based communities, and the exploitation of this crisis by a rich, privileged and powerful fascist minority. Our government had the information, the resources, and the ability to prepare for this pandemic, including supporting those most at risk. We could have had the tests, the masks, the ventilators, the resources and emergency plans."

Peaceful protests held near Elkton as concern for inmates grows
wkbn.com/Apr 11, 2020
'As numbers of positive coronavirus cases continue to grow at the prison, some are concerned for inmates.

People protested near Elkton Saturday afternoon.

“He wasn’t given a death sentence. Their loved ones weren’t given death sentences. Why can’t they come home?” said one protestor.

Peaceful protesters stood down the road from Elkton Federal Prison in Lisbon, voicing their concerns for loved ones inside the facility.

“There’s no protection for the guards nor the inmates. There are inmates we know personally who have caught the coronavirus,” said Chantell Brooks, a cousin of an Elkton inmate.'

Wuhan Rent Protest Shows Unrest Brewing in China After Lockdown
bloomberg.com/April 9, 2020
'Dozens of small shop owners protested outside one of Wuhan’s biggest shopping malls to demand a cut in rent, in one of the first signs of unrest since authorities lifted a lockdown at the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.

Sitting down about one meter apart, the shop owners on Friday sat or kneeled outside the Grand Ocean Department Store, wearing masks and holding placards as police monitored. A day earlier they chanted “Exempt rental for a year, or refund the lease” in videos uploaded on the Chinese social media platform Sina Weibo that were quickly censored.

“Can’t survive” said a sign held by one woman who rented a stall at Grand Ocean, which also called on the landlord to return the rent and security deposit during the period of the lockdown.'

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

https://twitter.com/ericliptonnyt/status/1249113795135508483?s=21

This has been posted right? I mean this is some ‘holy poo poo’ stuff.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Trump just gonna rant about all of News Corp?

I hate when trump attacks things i also hate but does it for the wrong reasons.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything its just something he does.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

OhDearGodNo posted:

https://twitter.com/ericliptonnyt/status/1249113795135508483?s=21

This has been posted right? I mean this is some ‘holy poo poo’ stuff.

I was wondering why he was ranting at the NYT "kicked out like dogs" particularly today.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Christ so they were sounding the red alert March 2nd and the Feds never took serious action. It wasn't until two weeks later when state and local governments started ordering shutdowns.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Arglebargle III posted:

Christ so they were sounding the red alert March 2nd and the Feds never took serious action. It wasn't until two weeks later when state and local governments started ordering shutdowns.

I mean, realistically, it took the NBA shutting down to make a lot of us take it seriously.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/Az634LD.mp4

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

canepazzo posted:

I was wondering why he was ranting at the NYT "kicked out like dogs" particularly today.

In a sane and functioning society this would be a big deal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, realistically, it took the NBA shutting down to make a lot of us take it seriously.

Rudy Gobert being a dumbass probably saved 1000s of lives

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have no clue what this is referencing, but he said he was watching OANN today so I'm sure it was some crap they said

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Quixotic1 posted:

Why is the post office under threat of bankruptcy again, besides the Covid epidemic? I know some post office workers who are Trump leaning and would like point out how the Republicans have fudge them over ocne again. They've learned to hate Rick Scott and are now starting to dislike De Santis, so there's hope for them still.

Beaten by a bunch but yeah

For one thing, the Bush administration mandated that their pension plan had to be solvent and fully funded for 20 years, which essentially hamstrung an already not for profit institution. I'm not entirely sure why the GOP has such a tremendous hard on for the (constitutionally mandated) USPS beyond it being a government run thing. Conservatives are always on and on about THE CONSTITUTION SAYS and then picks weird fights with the free press and, for some reason, mail.

I know this much. If the USPS becomes insolvent, we not only have a(nother) constitutional crisis, but my MAGA CHUD boss' business is DOA. People whine and bitch about the USPS and the DMV and I swear to god I've had next to zero problems with either. Comcast, CITIbank, BofA, Verizon on the other hand...

I seriously don't get it. I guess if it's not for profit it's not worth doing or something but you would think the flag suckers would realize the USPS in the document they pretend to worship.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 12, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Silly Burrito posted:

rudy gobert, savior of the nation

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Beaten by a bunch but yeah

For one thing, the Bush administration mandated that their pension plan had to be solvent and fully funded for 20 years, which essentially hamstrung an already not for profit institution. I'm not entirely sure why the GOP has such a tremendous hard on for the (constitutionally mandated) USPS beyond it being a government run thing. Conservatives are always on and on about THE CONSTITUTION SAYS and then picks weird fights with the free press and, for some reason, mail.

I know this much. If the USPS becomes insolvent, we not only have a(nother) constitutional crisis, but my MAGA CHUD boss' business is DOA. People whine and bitch about the USPS and the DMV and I swear to god I've had next to zero problems with either. Comcast, CITIbank, BofA, Verizon on the other hand...

I seriously don't get it. I guess if it's not for profit it's not worth doing or something but you would think the flag suckers would realize the USPS in the document they pretend to worship.

Yeah its going to be both hilarious and terrifying how many businesses will outright collapse if USPS goes under.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

It appears that his need for praise is growing even more intense.

Is that even loving possible?

and wtf does he have against dogs?

God I hate him

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 12, 2020

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

mik posted:

"So now the Fake News @nytimes is tracing the CoronaVirus origins back to Europe, NOT China. This is a first! I wonder where the Failing New York Times got for this one? Are there any NAMED sources? They were recently thrown out of China like dogs, and obviously want back in. Sad!"

He is referring to the NYT piece that traced the origins of the NEW YORK outbreak to Europe, not China. He is intentionally misinterpreting that as them claiming the outbreak started in Europe.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

OK, I'll admit it. I'm trolled. I'm Mad Online. I cannot post what it makes me feel that this loving guy is talking about watching TV while people die and is just going to get a pass on it like everything else.

Yeah, but he has really good ratings though. Highest ratings ever seen in history, you see.

God drat won't he shut the gently caress up

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah its going to be both hilarious and terrifying how many businesses will outright collapse if USPS goes under.

They're just mostly small businesses, and in GOP-speak "small business" means big business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Is that even loving possible?

and wtf does he have against dogs?

God I hate hime

His dad taught him that owning a dog was a sign of poverty and low class, so Trump internalized it in conjunction with his hatred of poor people to the point where dogs are the platonic ideal of insulting to him.