Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

to mock what trueanon was saying you first have to believe, with a hand on your heart, eyes tearfully raised to the US flag, rosey of cheek and some apple pie up your rear end, that a 747 collided with one of the tallest buildings in the world and in the resulting explosion of jet fuel and office paraphernalia, the hijackers passports were ejected from the cockpit intact and fluttered gracefully to the street below where some intrepid FBI agents discovered them and gee whizz'd them on over to the office where the 9/11 commission was holding its first meeting.

basically you must be a child, and not a very bright one.

yeah, but I can't recreate this poo poo in Kerbal or Besiege if I don't have a basic tune to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

to mock what trueanon was saying you first have to believe, with a hand on your heart, eyes tearfully raised to the US flag, rosey of cheek and some apple pie up your rear end, that a 747 collided with one of the tallest buildings in the world and in the resulting explosion of jet fuel and office paraphernalia, the hijackers passports were ejected from the cockpit intact and fluttered gracefully to the street below where some intrepid FBI agents discovered them and gee whizz'd them on over to the office where the 9/11 commission was holding its first meeting.

I know Brace destroyed his own brain with drugs and ennui years ago, what's your excuse

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

what do you think happened gh0stpinballa

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I bet yall think the DNC didn't rig the election too

I don't know who or what did 911 but I know there's something wrong with the official story

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Raccooon posted:

Trueanon at least made a decent point that the anthrax attacks could have been a false flag poo poo. Little extra push to make sure 9/11 got the patriot act through.

Trueanon is a false flag, hth

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
9/11 happened the same time as the trigun slot and I was kinda mad that for some reason every tv chan was showing some towers going down, like yeah war whtvr where my anime

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ChipNDip posted:

Trueanon is a false flag, hth

impossible, it says it's true right in the name

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

T-man posted:

I bet yall think the DNC didn't rig the election too

I don't know who or what did 911 but I know there's something wrong with the official story

being skeptical isnt the same as thinking 9/11 was a controlled demolition. what do you think happened t man

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Doctor Jeep posted:

but the cia was incompetent and it uh got out of hand

isn't this just the CIA in a nutshell

it would have ruled if Ike had shitcanned them like he wanted to

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

combine the chapo jfk theory with the trueanon 9/11 theory:

cia hijacked the planes but intended to miss the towers but hosed up and actually crashed into them

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Doctor Jeep posted:

it just ocured to me that 9/11 could've been a cia setup like the fbi does with muslims where they buy all the ingredients to a bomb for someone and basically bully some mentally impaired kid into saying "yes mr. fbi i want to blow up the post office" but the cia was incompetent and it uh got out of hand

Agreed, but the cia wasnt incompetent and it was on purpose

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wouldn't put much past the CIA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_Club?wprov=sfla1

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

cia hijacked the planes but intended to miss the towers but hosed up and actually crashed into them

i like this one the best, let's go with this one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Farm Frenzy posted:

being skeptical isnt the same as thinking 9/11 was a controlled demolition. what do you think happened t man

Time traveling accelerationists who needed to heighten the contradictions for the 2020 Rebellion

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Honest Thief posted:

9/11 happened the same time as the trigun slot and I was kinda mad that for some reason every tv chan was showing some towers going down, like yeah war whtvr where my anime

Are you Japanese? What channel did they play Trigun in the morning?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the Guardian used to be a bit more fun

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/19/september11.iraq

Anne Karpf posted:

In less than a week came another find, two blocks away from the twin towers, in the shape of Atta's passport. We had all seen the blizzard of paper rain down from the towers, but the idea that Atta's passport had escaped from that inferno unsinged would have tested the credulity of the staunchest supporter of the FBI's crackdown on terrorism.

Yet we were still in the infancy of coincidence. On September 24 the belongings of alleged terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui threw up a cropdusting manual, while four days later came Atta's suicide note, the one with the counsel to shine your shoes before you meet your maker - a piece of advice which seemed suspiciously Norman Rockwellesque. It was here, too, that the stuff about 72 virgins awaiting him in heaven first started to circulate

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I’m remembering the JFK episode of Quantum Leap where they keep on teasing that they’ll reach a unique narrative on the subject but then everything happens according to the official story and Al is all “Guess the conspiracies are all because folks just want a more satisfying explanation”. Absolute loving dogshit ending

loving Stephen King’s 11.22.63 did the same poo poo but with a pseudowoke “Lee Harvey was a loving loser male with deeply felt inadequacies who wanted to be important” school shooter rhetoric.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I can very easily believe that 9/11 was allowed to happen by accident in the same way that it looks like the Boston Bombing was a FBI informant that slipped the leash or whatever the gently caress was going on with Lee Harvey Oswalt. There were so many red flags with the visas and passports of the hijackers that at least part of the plot should have been uncovered, if even by accident.

American Tabloid and Libra seem much more plausible than the official story.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

no way 9/11 Was An Inside Job imo but would definitely not put it past cia to plant his passport to more easily justify blaming al qaeda

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&t=2430s

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the psycho energy with brace and liz's astrology woo bullshit, combined with both their questionable conspiracy thinking, is all dumb but also a lot of the reason why the manic energy of the show is so fun to listen to. if they weren't Nuts it wouldn't be what it is. but yeah grain of salt. the moon doesn't affect your personality and bush/cheney didn't do 9/11 beyond loving everything possible up in the leadup then immediately seizing the opportunity to murder tons of people

it doesn't matter if they are technically rough on the details, because they are winning every spiritual victory

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

will said that virgil is ok

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Farm Frenzy posted:

will said that virgil is ok

I thought Matt is the sensitive pessimistic one.

He seems to be mostly fine, angry ranting aside.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A lot of fake leftists outing themselves with 9/11 trutherism itt

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i watched a bit of a livestream with trueanon and brace was talking about how atlantis is real and theyre all still alive under teh atlantic or something. i love em but dont take trueanon too seriously lol

ah now i see why they demodded you

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think Aimee is the best part of What’s Left, but she’s also a hot take artist that needs to be balanced out, so I’m curious to see what happens to the show now that Benjamin Studebaker has left.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Mr Hootington posted:

A lot of fake leftists outing themselves with 9/11 trutherism itt

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/8/8/20747198/philadelphia-bombing-1985-move

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Frosted Flake posted:

I think Aimee is the best part of What’s Left, but she’s also a hot take artist that needs to be balanced out, so I’m curious to see what happens to the show now that Benjamin Studebaker has left.

for the love of god someone gas this thread already, it is too far from His light

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

whatever you do, do not joke about the move bombing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if the US had bombed the towers we would have taken down those suckers way quicker, best bombs in the business

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As a Cia operative I can neither confirm nor deny that we totally did it

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
Some sort of "planned incompetence" theory makes the most sense, and they kinda touched on that for part of episode 3.

You have a few people like Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, etc. who want something to happen that will allow for a massive expansion in exectuive powers. They don't get their hands dirty or outright plan an attack, though. All you have to do is just continue to hire morons and eventually, the odds will fall in your favor and some sort of crisis will slip through the cracks.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ChipNDip posted:

Some sort of "planned incompetence" theory makes the most sense, and they kinda touched on that for part of episode 3.

You have a few people like Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, etc. who want something to happen that will allow for a massive expansion in exectuive powers. They don't get their hands dirty or outright plan an attack, though. All you have to do is just continue to hire morons and eventually, the odds will fall in your favor and some sort of crisis will slip through the cracks.

bush flat out had intelligence reported in advance that wasn't acted on. it was allowed to happen and you don't need to go to "jet fuel can't melt steel beams therefore there's no way steel can fail at temperatures lower than melting point" lengths of absurdity to realize there was something wrong with the narrative being fed to us.

it's the same argument liz made regarding the democratic primaries, incompetence was built into the system and allowed to fester as plausible deniability for shady power grabs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yeah and america helped al-Qaeda smash planes into towers.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

bush knocked down the towers

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1249148079137267712?s=19

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Trabisnikof posted:

The CIA actually didn't realize jet fuel can melt steel beams

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It was a warning shot, but turns out getting a warning shot plane to the superstructure still takes down a skyscraper.

And an ideology. B)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Autism Sneaks posted:

I know Brace destroyed his own brain with drugs and ennui years ago, what's your excuse

buddy you believe the passports of all the hijackers and nobody else's survived the jet impacts. you probably sniff the flag's panties and think john wayne movies are documentaries. grow up. get a grip.