Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i came in 1st out of 3rd hahaha suc on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Watched gay anime today, good day

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Watched gay anime today, good day

Huh, I watched the English version and they were just cousins who spent a lot of time together.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Huh, I watched the English version and they were just cousins who spent a lot of time together.

lmao

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

This joke doesn't work because I watched the English version, nerd

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I've listened to way too much Wu Tang lately so I watched the 36th Chamber of Shaolin today.

That movie is fantastic. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wanna plan a heist.

should it be
A. Gold
B. Diamonds
C. Cash/bonds I guess
D. Art
E. Other (please elaborate
also open to petty minor heists like stealing grandpa’s secret yeast or lifting the lady across the street’s lemon bar recipe

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
maybe a ham heist. jamon jeist.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I feel like there's some obvious answers here. A cooling pie off of a kindly woman windowsill. A pic-a-nic basket.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the only reason yogi never got his baskets is cuz he lacked the fortitude to see the crime through to the end if you know what i mean. the very end.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

man I lived in Seattle for 4 years and I can't remember if that's in the U-District or Cap Hill
U-District on Roosevelt. It's still here. They survived by pivoting to being a nonprofit centered around cinema archival.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

WatermelonGun posted:

wanna plan a heist.

should it be
A. Gold
B. Diamonds
C. Cash/bonds I guess
D. Art
E. Other (please elaborate
also open to petty minor heists like stealing grandpa’s secret yeast or lifting the lady across the street’s lemon bar recipe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the only things i steal, are the hearts of beautiful young women. and wrestling ppvs.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

hmm compelling is the declaration in dc or Fort Knox as some believe this will drastically change the planning stage

the declaration is blunt wrap that’s its only real use

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The only thing I want to steal is Ash's Pikachu. I mean I could go to viridian woods and get my own but its encounter rate is SO LOW.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

unclogged my lovely bathroom sink, baked a cheesecake, and put out chocolate eggs for the three-year old to find in the morning. now i'm going to game™

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't do any more shizzes into the sink

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I worked at the boardwalk amusement park in college all hundred+ of us got called into an emergency meeting because somebody kept making GBS threads in the men's room sink before the park opened.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the singer from DAF died and no one told me this is bullshit

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Dountains af Fayne

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I said I had 50 hours in Chapter 5 of Death Stranding; it’s actually 105 in Chapter 6.

I have become a MULE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anything to do in that game?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

anything to do in that game?

Be allowed to go outside while everyone else is in a quarantine.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I loved death stranding but the part where the guy cries at you for like 15 minutes at the end is so weird. The performance is pretty great but it's uncanny valley and the script has him going on and on forever to the point it started to get funny to me because I had no idea what he was even talking about and he was so emotional.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Happy Easter, to those who celebrate.

Good morning, to those who don't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I played way too much goddamn Dragon Quest XI today. Anyways, I kinda wanna go play some more Dragon Quest XI now....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the dragon quest 11 demo is a very good demo. got about 6 or 7 hours out of that bad boy. can't remember exactly. Thanks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It kinda sucks that Sega can’t figure out how to MMO because Phantasy Star Online has so much promise. A space anime that explores complex racial interrelationships while you seek out the most ridiculous vaporwave Star Trek outfits is my kinda time eater.

Or better yet gimme more games like the Star Ocean series but dress up. Lemme wear a silly hat in cinematic cutscenes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Star Wars the Old Republic is going to have a double xp month starting on April 14 and that sounds like as good excuse as any to get sucked back into the only MMO i enjoy.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sounds like a job for the Tales of series

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dragon Quest was my first RPG ever thanks to that thing where Nintendo Power gave everyone a free copy of Dragon Warrior 1, and I bought 11 having not played any of them since 4 back in like 1992, and I was astonished by how, despite a quarter century of time, they were still mechanically That Game.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
So even though people poo poo on No Man's Sky (and rightfully so when it was originally released), I've been dealing with some family health issues recently (not coronavirus related thankfully (pre-emptive knock on wood here)), and I have to say that the chill "explore, get resources, build stuff" vibe of the game has been super helpful in allowing me a bit of distraction for a few hours here and there. I started exploring a planet that is basically a lush temperate world that looks like a picturesque African plains area (only with actual oceans and lakes around it). I plan on staying there for a good while considering how I started out on "acid rain world" in the same system, and the only other world was "dead airless planet" which has lots of mineral resources but is also kinda depressing to explore (so I don't stay on there for any longer than I need to).

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So even though people poo poo on No Man's Sky (and rightfully so when it was originally released), I've been dealing with some family health issues recently (not coronavirus related thankfully (pre-emptive knock on wood here)), and I have to say that the chill "explore, get resources, build stuff" vibe of the game has been super helpful in allowing me a bit of distraction for a few hours here and there. I started exploring a planet that is basically a lush temperate world that looks like a picturesque African plains area (only with actual oceans and lakes around it). I plan on staying there for a good while considering how I started out on "acid rain world" in the same system, and the only other world was "dead airless planet" which has lots of mineral resources but is also kinda depressing to explore (so I don't stay on there for any longer than I need to).

No Man's sky has been steadily improving for years but I heard something recently that they put in a patch that changed everyone's existing planets, so like everyone who found and made bases on what they thought was cool looking planets, now they're all boring.

I haven't heard anything about it since then if they reverted it or something but seeing them still piss people off with that game years in just seems real sad.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I had such high hopes no NMS when it originally came out. I want an endless universe of adventure to get lost in. Buuuut it didn't deliver (I was really hoping for something less chill). That's on me. I expected the game to be something it wasn't (and frankly something it couldn't be). That having been said between the original release and replaying it a few years later I still got over 100 hours of enjoyment out of it.

(Also Starbound was closer to what I was looking for. But I find the controls of that game to be tough to enjoy).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

Star Wars the Old Republic is going to have a double xp month starting on April 14 and that sounds like as good excuse as any to get sucked back into the only MMO i enjoy.

I dove back into Elder Scrolls Online during the nationwide lock-in. It feels like the only MMO where the expansion packs/DLC don't nullify everything that came before. The mechanics are all the same and since the game levels with you starting in Morrowind at level 1 feels the same as starting in Auridon at level 1.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don’t think Akagi is for me couple of episodes in, unfortunately. It seems goofily earnest in a specific kind of way that doesn’t work for me and I still have absolutely zero idea of what the point of mahjong is :shrug:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

extradite THIS! posted:

I don’t think Akagi is for me couple of episodes in, unfortunately. It seems goofily earnest in a specific kind of way that doesn’t work for me and I still have absolutely zero idea of what the point of mahjong is :shrug:

Hmmm if you want a completely different style of show that might also help you wrap your head around Mahjong, there's a show called Saki, but I remember it being a little bit more loose with the actual rules of the game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got the FF7R on the digital. It’s installing. I played the preinstall portion, it’s pretty much the FFXV combat system but without the warp mechanics. Barrett and Cloud’s interactions are pretty cool and organic feeling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/bludelb/status/1249119414647218176?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimmy Stewart is so adorable in that camera pan.