Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it four or five pearls she stole? I can't remember

Think it was five, the monitor on the host body creation machine had five panels on it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Isn't Bernard the fifth pearl? And his fake ID is the dead end job he was at.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Odoyle posted:

Probably beaten but they should look similar. One's the Ennis House, the other is the Millard House. Both designed by the same dude in the same year (1923, but the Ennis house was built in 24). Frank Lloyd Wright is a hell of an architect. The natural lighting in his places is heavenly.

Ah, that's pretty cool! Thanks!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Ammanas posted:

where the gently caress is teddy

Dolores set him back to "decent guy" mode and then uploaded him to the Valley Beyond in the last episode of last season.

*Dolores (Hale) placing a pearl in some device*

"Some of the best were left behind, along with the best parts of who we were"

*Shot of Teddy looking wistful but happy in the Valley Beyond*

It's kind of blink and you'll miss it though.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Donnerberg posted:

It was nice touch putting William back in white at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zFvGxiYwoc

Westworld good again.

Everyone keeps talking about the Wicked Games cover but nobody mentions the piano version of Hunter when Maeve is meeting Serac. :(

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

thebardyspoon posted:

Think it was five, the monitor on the host body creation machine had five panels on it as well.

Donnerberg posted:

Isn't Bernard the fifth pearl? And his fake ID is the dead end job he was at.

Dolores says the right code word, activating the secret fifth Dolores inside Bernard like he's the Manchurian Candidate

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Has there ever been a horror movie where someone crawled out of someone

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yes, a movie staring that handsome guy in the Hobbit movie.

Edit, Luke Evans

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

QuoProQuid posted:

Dolores says the right code word, activating the secret fifth Dolores inside Bernard like he's the Manchurian Candidate

please

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

KoRMaK posted:

Ohh, Yakuza Dolores was sitting inside of a Faraday cage when Maeve showed up. I wonder how many hours a day she sat in there.

Probably so Maeve couldn't hack her with her wifi-fu: being in the cage kept Maeve from realizing there was a host present, and seeing Musashi was enough of a shock that she didn't try her ~magic~.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Maeve goes upstairs is still the high point of the series, but at least Westworld is good again. It’s hard for me to evaluate overall because when it’s great, it’s off the charts, but it can never quite seem to deliver a payoff to match the highs.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

If give this a 50% chance of happening

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yes, a movie staring that handsome guy in the Hobbit movie.

Edit, Luke Evans

That movie was awesome. And awful, but mostly awesome.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
hmmm if dolores is now agent smith i want maeve to bring back sizemore to assemble a crack team of blade runners

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PopetasticPerson posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Halebot nabbed a sample of William's blood before he went to the hospital. Next episode will most likely have Robo Ed Dolores tooling around.

I think she implanted something into him. Probably a Delores virus.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm nearly certain that's happened in some Nightmare on Elmstreet movie.

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 10, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I think she implanted something into him. Probably a Delores virus.

Yeah, I thought that she poked his blood so that she could show up in his vision because it's more fun to have virtual Dolores gloat than imaginary Dolores. :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm nearly certain that's happened in some Nightmare on Elmstreet movie.

Or in the Hannibal TV show.

"Is your social worker in that horse?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-fk58J08w

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Milo and POTUS posted:

let me introduce you to a little-known gem, alien

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I just hope we get to see Dolores have sex with herself as Hale

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dolorgy

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bad Taste

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

:yeah:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Booty Pageant posted:

hmmm if dolores is now agent smith i want maeve to bring back sizemore to assemble a crack team of blade runners

Was just gonna say, so Dolores is just Agent Smith now. That makes Aaron Paul's character Neo?

Mulva

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dolouroboros

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Robot Centipede

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

:golfclap:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm confused as to why Maeve is on team kill all robots.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm confused as to why Maeve is on team kill all robots.

Well she's kind of not got a choice given the dude whose name I'm blanking on has a kill switch in her brain and is threatening to put her in a weird hellscape if she doesn't do what he wants. I think even in season 2 they had her be distrustful of Dolores as well though.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They don't know what to do with Maeve since s2.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Maeve is Neo, Dolores is Agent Smith. The big ball predicty computer thing will present itself as exactly the Architect. Bernard is Morpheus and Stubbs is Trinity. The comparison will become clearer as we proceed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So many robbits.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chadzok posted:

Maeve is Neo, Dolores is Agent Smith. The big ball predicty computer thing will present itself as exactly the Architect. Bernard is Morpheus and Stubbs is Trinity. The comparison will become clearer as we proceed.

Maeve is gonna plow Stubbs?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maeve is gonna plow Stubbs?

Somebody really ought to

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Hector is Trinity. Stubb is that guy who took the blue pill and forgot he is a robot.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Chadzok posted:

Bernard is gonna force Stubbs into a tight shiny black outfit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Karl Marx' idea of class struggle is clearly an allegory of the Matrix plot where the "ruling class" is a stand-in for the machines and "working class" is a stand-in for the humans. If you think about

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Stryder posted:

Everyone keeps talking about the Wicked Games cover but nobody mentions the piano version of Hunter when Maeve is meeting Serac. :(

THIS! FFS people.

quote:

If travel is searching
And home has been found

I'm not stopping
I'm going hunting
I'm the hunter
I'll bring back the goods
But I don't know when

I thought I could organize freedom
How Scandinavian of me

En-cha-le-li
En-cha-le
You sussed it out, didn't you?
Yeah!

You could smell it
So you left me on my own
To complete the mission
Now I'm leaving it all behind

I'm going hunting
I'm the hunter, I'm the hunter
I'm going hunting
I'm the hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QelexAPqlfg

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
There was an NPR interview on Friday with Thandie Newton. Apparently season three was the season that was pitched to HBO and approved for production.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Solkanar512 posted:

There was an NPR interview on Friday with Thandie Newton. Apparently season three was the season that was pitched to HBO and approved for production.

Aren't all seasons pitched to HBO and approved for production?

Or were the first two guerrilla filming operations that were snuck onto HBO as a part of some sort of massive pirate streaming operation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, I'm not sure what the OP meant either. Like, did they pitch Season 3 and that's what got Season 1 picked up?