Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I was having pretty good performance in my game right up until I got into my first siege, at which point my game turned into a powerpoint presentation

I am having fun being Steppe warrior though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
On the subject of recruiting noble-tree units, is the intended route to wander around doing quests for Powerful-ranked notables in villages and towns until they like you enough to let you recruit nobles? That seems powerfully RNG-dependent if so - is there any way to speed up the process?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I think they might've undone the accuracy change to looters' rocks. Started a new game to really experience burgerlord and these jerks are doming me a lot more. Must be their new and improved thicc muscles.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Kestral posted:

On the subject of recruiting noble-tree units, is the intended route to wander around doing quests for Powerful-ranked notables in villages and towns until they like you enough to let you recruit nobles? That seems powerfully RNG-dependent if so - is there any way to speed up the process?

Once you get some charm (I think around 25? Not sure exactly when it started for me) you increase rep with notables when waiting in town overnight. I got enough to recruit all but the highest rep slot while waiting and smithing in a few towns a few days

For village notables, you can also save villagers from attackers and you'll increase rep in that town

tak fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 12, 2020

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

tak posted:

Once you get some charm (I think around 25?) you increase rep with notables when waiting in town overnight. I got enough to recruit all but the highest rep slot while waiting and smithing in a few towns a few days

For village notables, you can also save villagers from attackers and you'll increase rep in that town

This makes vastly more sense than the alternative. Thanks!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Third World Reagan posted:

no game has ever designed a good economy since they use a capitalist system

This isn't wrong. The economic, political and social system needs to reflect early medieval life.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

lmao @ war razor costing 76k denars

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Glenn Quebec posted:

This isn't wrong. The economic, political and social system needs to reflect early medieval life.

What, like, you threaten to murder people until they give you stuff cos you're the lord and if you need money you do pogroms until you have enough?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

tak posted:

Mop up forest bandits and recruit them, they upgrade to that tree

If you don't have the perk you can upgrade the low level ones and put the ones that upgrade to fians in a town garrison and they'll slowly upgrade

you can also get them to the level up point and throw them in the garrison and they'll bump up a day or two later.

or you can just get the mod that removes the limitation because its bullshit and boring

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OwlFancier posted:

What, like, you threaten to murder people until they give you stuff cos you're the lord and if you need money you do pogroms until you have enough?

Isn't this basically how the game already works.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Did they fix the woodcutter workshop money bug?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Did they fix the woodcutter workshop money bug?

Several patches ago

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Slumpy posted:

Several patches ago

Well poo poo

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tabletops posted:

it doesn't take long though, just a few hours of play. don't bloat your army up beyond 20-40 units, kill lots of steppe bandits and do hideout raids. you can build up a lot of money quickly.

then buy some caravans/workshops and in a few weeks (ingame lol) you'll have a ton.

I've never been able to catch steppe bandits, even with a horse for every one of my soldiers. Granted, I don't tend to have much cavalry of my own.

Gobblecoque posted:

I think they might've undone the accuracy change to looters' rocks. Started a new game to really experience burgerlord and these jerks are doming me a lot more. Must be their new and improved thicc muscles.

The e1.10.0 beta patch made troops more accurate against moving targets IIRC.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

OwlFancier posted:

Unironically, yes. Especially if a kingdom has the serf option.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've never been able to catch steppe bandits, even with a horse for every one of my soldiers. Granted, I don't tend to have much cavalry of my own.

The e1.10.0 beta patch made troops more accurate against moving targets IIRC.

yeah they can be tough. you need like ~6.4 speed to catch them. i put the o verland speed at very easy because why not though which helps

assault their bases though, that's easy enough.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

There's a mod that removes damage from rocks fyi. I use it because I cannot stand looters throwing 200MPH fastballs that rip off my plate helmet / decapitate loving cataphracts

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The only way I ever caught them was owning a castle, dumping all my infantry/archers in it, and going entirely hot rod mode with just horse archers and lancers. Was a nice way to stock up on horses, not so sure now with horse loot nerfs.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
So what are some opinions on the best i.e toughest infantry? I want to play a foot heavy army after playing steppe warrior my last few runs. Looking for the most survivable units for hammer and anvil with heavy cav.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Suspect Bucket posted:

The only way I ever caught them was owning a castle, dumping all my infantry/archers in it, and going entirely hot rod mode with just horse archers and lancers. Was a nice way to stock up on horses, not so sure now with horse loot nerfs.

I genuinely think the khuzait culture type is the strongest one to pick, purely for the reason that by using it I can outpace every enemy army, even steppe bandits. A speed bonus for having horses, anywhere on the map, is way better than the situational bonuses. And construction is so fast that the construction speed one is pointless.

Chasing down armies of 30-40 with 100 people because my speed bonus is hilarious and takes away the one main disadvantage of large armies.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Guys I think smithing is still good for money, you just need to craft an actual weapon.

Those polearms cost like 2 wrought irons and 1 hardwood each, there seems to be some rng when crafting too. Recipes pop up way more often when crafting a weapon after recipes from smelting dies down.

KittyEmpress posted:

I genuinely think the khuzait culture type is the strongest one to pick, purely for the reason that by using it I can outpace every enemy army, even steppe bandits. A speed bonus for having horses, anywhere on the map, is way better than the situational bonuses. And construction is so fast that the construction speed one is pointless.

Chasing down armies of 30-40 with 100 people because my speed bonus is hilarious and takes away the one main disadvantage of large armies.

I kind of learn towards empire once you start getting into sieges, getting 4 trebuchets up asap so they can tear down the walls instead of losing 4 attackers per defender in a drawn out grind is very comfy.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 12, 2020

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Drakes posted:

Guys I think smithing is still good for money, you just need to craft an actual weapon.

Those polearms cost like 2 wrought irons and 1 hardwood each, there seems to be some rng when crafting too. Recipes pop up way more often when crafting a weapon after recipes from smelting dies down.

I kind of learn towards empire once you start getting into sieges, getting 4 trebuchets up asap so they can tear down the walls instead of losing 4 attackers per defender in a drawn out grind is very comfy.

That's actually a nice change.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Now if only smithing stamina was reworked a bit (without mods).

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it's still not worth the foci and junk

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Eh I could argue smithing is somewhat worth it cause the weapon variety doesn't seem to be really in the game right now. Just messing with a smithing character currently since the patch wrecked my older saves.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I crafted a homemade version of the executioner axe and sold it for 10k. Yeah smithing is pretty awesome if you just tone down the stamina bullshit.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Midgetskydiver posted:

I crafted a homemade version of the executioner axe and sold it for 10k. Yeah smithing is pretty awesome if you just tone down the stamina bullshit.

does leveling smithing gives more stamina or something? I feel that could be worth it...

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Regarding smithing: I just learned you can have companions work that hammer for you, raising your smithing stam a lot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Actually, alternative idea. Get rid of smithing stamina and just make smithing cause time to pass. Yes this means you won't be able to have companions do work too, but whatever.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Popoto posted:

does leveling smithing gives more stamina or something? I feel that could be worth it...

Yeah there's a couple perks

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It feels like not only is everyone in Calradia suddenly an enormous fat muscular person, they all have giant hair.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Night10194 posted:

It feels like not only is everyone in Calradia suddenly an enormous fat muscular person, they all have giant hair.

Calradia's been rotated half a step into the metal album cover art universe, and hell, I love it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There IS a dedicated pauldron slot now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
On the beta patch, I just found ringmail and lamellar in aersai towns, so that is a big plus.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the beta patch is so drat good

I single handedly sieged a town, took it, Rhagaea or whatever gave it to herself, so I didn't donate anything the garrison, released myself from her oath, and then took the city for myself

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
my ideal army composition is 1/1 horse archers and fians or crossbowmen

Horse arches follow me, delegate command on the regular archers and let them drop shafts across the map while you leave horchers on cease fire till you get a nice unthreatened angle and just drop shafts.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Drakes posted:

Yeah it seemed like a pointless money pit but then I unlocked Eastern Steel Mace Head. I get 1-2 skill points and 1-2 unlocks every time I make one of these and they sell for 1800 dinars:

edit: :yum:

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 12, 2020

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

and now I'm manufacturing this reality defying fella which gives me 3-4 skill points and 2-3 unlocks per craft and sells for 5800

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love beef world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

luxury handset posted:

i love beef world

You can't be beefy yourself, which might be the only problem.