Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Would I be any less/more happier in another socioeconomic role due to the hedonic treadmill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Linux Pirate posted:

Would I be any less/more happier in another socioeconomic role due to the hedonic treadmill?

...possibly

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Linux Pirate posted:

Hedonic treadmill is a good ride. Gotta consoom.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

What if women had penises and men had vaginas? Would society be better off or would we just find different ways to be lovely to women?

I read about this amazing little bug a few days ago and my mind goes to strange places in idle wondering now.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

McSpanky posted:

What if women had penises and men had vaginas? Would society be better off or would we just find different ways to be lovely to women?

I read about this amazing little bug a few days ago and my mind goes to strange places in idle wondering now.

Another interesting thought experiment is what if we had reverse jointed legs. We are bipedal but designed for socializing rather than jumping higher and running even faster than we do.
Reverse jointed legs would give us jumping capability akin to grasshoppers.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually feeling ok, but I drank 1 too many red bulls yesterday so im kinda awake now. Plus, i took a fat nap after a pretty big burrito yesterday. So im not very sleepy. But i should be!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Are we going to run out of Beatles, or Monkees first?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I actually fell asleep at 3ish in the morning but my thoughts were, "wow who knew that coffee would keep me up this long"

And now i have to poop

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
God... I could really go for a fur burger right now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man, I'm starving

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Making a 4AM burger in honor of my burgerless homies tonight

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ill be honest, today I'm just super drunk

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

It's 4:33 and I notice that I'm on my second consecutive night of drinking beer and smoking weed on the sidewalk and listening to the police scanner. For the second night in a row, the cops sound really tired, and I notice they're almost excited when they say something like "cardiac, not virus related." I don't really like cops, but I'm tired too. The police scanner is interesting.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I only got like 2 hours of sleep and my alarm goes off in an hour... not even worth it to go back to sleep. Looks like i will be well caffeinated today

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking

Dixville posted:

I only got like 2 hours of sleep and my alarm goes off in an hour... not even worth it to go back to sleep. Looks like i will be well caffeinated today

Sometimes that's the best way to go, dunno about you but when I only get 3- hours of sleep I feel slightly less dead if ya just don't go to sleep y'know

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man I feel bad about making a joke about classmate literally 20 years ago. Why can't I let it go it wasn't even that bad or hurtful of a joke.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Video games are fun and oops its been 5 hours playing Divinity lolol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Video games are fun and oops its been 5 hours playing Divinity lolol

same but diablo 3

how is it already 4, gently caress

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
A cool monkey paw-esque concept is a pillow that gives ves you a perfect night sleep but at the expense of a poo poo day the next

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jestery posted:

A cool monkey paw-esque concept is a pillow that gives ves you a perfect night sleep but at the expense of a poo poo day the next

would my day be any shittier than they already are is the question

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
had to pull a dumb all nighter to fix my thesis because im a dipshit and missed two terms and had to get an extension. and i might miss this last term again because im an idiot. all because im an anxious mess. also whats the difference if i graduate or not the world is going to poo poo. gently caress.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol still going to school during a pandemic.

Before this was just a insomniacs thread now it's just my sleep schedule is all hosed. I'm just uh awake.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Code Jockey posted:

same but diablo 3

how is it already 4, gently caress

eyy I've been playing DIII again lately as well. Got a necromancer that can clear poo poo super fast. Working on a witch doctor, but to get super stronk you really need a lot class-focued uniques or a good set and I've been having bad luck with drops every time I play him. just poo poo I already have mostly

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got bubble gutz tonight

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta stop drankin

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Fatal Error posted:

had to pull a dumb all nighter to fix my thesis because im a dipshit and missed two terms and had to get an extension. and i might miss this last term again because im an idiot. all because im an anxious mess. also whats the difference if i graduate or not the world is going to poo poo. gently caress.

do you think the vast majority of phds awarded throughout acadamia are valuable? asking as a fellow gs

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i am becoming increasingly unwell over time

is this because of me, or my environment? do i have the power to effectively change either?

when i don't drink lights dance around the corners of my vision when i try to close my eyes. when i open them sometimes shadowy figments... linger

thats probably bad

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
did a shitload of yard work today and my body is exhausted

I want to go to sleep, and yet

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I slept from like 8:30 to 11:30 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I laid around for the last hour doing nothing. At least I'm resting even if I'm not sleeping...

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Code Jockey posted:

did a shitload of yard work today and my body is exhausted

I want to go to sleep, and yet

Welcome to the thread! Distracted video watching ahoy

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Now my bf is messaging me on fb. We are in the same house

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Tell him you're at work.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Dixville posted:

Now my bf is messaging me on fb. We are in the same house

he wants to bf

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bf is dtf irl with his pp

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bf is dtf irl with his pp

Nah he just wanted to complain about the dog attacking the cat. Then we both went back to sleep

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dixville posted:

Nah he just wanted to complain about the dog attacking the cat.

who won?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

They just roughouse all the time, it's not a real fight. Sometimes the cats claws get stuck in the dogs face though but then the dog tries to pick the cat up by his scruff so its basically a tie

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
It's almost that time again

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's only midnight here! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I have to be up at 5:00 am. Mine is : It’s time wake up and to go to work at The poo poo Factory