Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We've been ordering from Walmart Canada and doing curbside pickup, and everything is great except that we can't add more items after placing our order. They claim it's just a thing that you can do, their instructions say to look for the prompts on the top-left corner indicating you're editing your order, but they're not there. No instructions on HOW to edit the order, it implies it just happens automatically when you have an existing order. It' making me feel old and incompetent that I can't figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
For US walmart (at least the app), you just add poo poo to the cart and then when you go to check out, it'll ask if you want to add it to the existing order.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The only way I can test that is if I add another $50 worth of items, otherwise Check Out is greyed out because that's the minimum order.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's cool and all that I get to work from home and I still have a job and all that, but having to still do work while not being able to do the other stuff that made work bearable is starting to take it's toll on me. No sports, no entertainment, can't hang out with friends, can't go out, can't eat out. It's like all of life got paused except for work and it sucks rear end.

Also I started playing guitar again and it sucks losing feeling in my finger tips.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've been out of work for a month now because both of my jobs are food service related, but I'm actually doing pretty well financially. I did a lot of overtime at one job before they shut down, and picked up a few shifts at the other before they closed. Plus, my primary employer is paying for some of the hours lost and I've got unemployment coming in. Normally I spend a fair amount on going out to eat or drink and buying poo poo I don't need at Target, so I have plenty of money saved up but nothing to spend it on. My husband is still working so we're not worried about rent or bills, but gently caress I'm bored. :sigh:

I did end up donating a fair chunk of change to friends and local businesses that are struggling, so at least I can feel good about that I guess, but I can't wait until we can all leave the house again.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I applied for unemployment in Michigan on Thursday night, pretty late. At the end of the process, I had to authenticate something, either by text or email. And I chose email. I never got the authentication code email. I tried to resend, but never got it.

I tried again a few times the next afternoon. The phone line was too busy to even put me on hold. That night, around 11, I finally got the codes, but none of them worked due to them being earlier versions. I asked for one more, before realizing it may not have “caught up” to the codes from the time I tried the afternoon. They were still on the way, but luckily the last email requested came within an hour after I requested it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Nobody cares it's my birthday, because it's also Easter. :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Happy birthday! :toot:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I don't care about Easter, so happy birthday! 🎁

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The canadian government is giving out additional GST cheques (if you're broke enough, they refund some of your taxes quarterly because god drat you're poor as poo poo) and I'm either getting $400, $700, or nothing, and I wont know until it comes in the mail which it won't soon because mail doesnt deliver from good friday to whatever monday :cripes: Honestly I'd be fine with nothing, I just want to actually KNOW

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I'm waiting for my tax return, and somehow the CRA deleted my direct deposit info so now I have to wait for a paper cheque

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

My Spirit Otter posted:

I'm waiting for my tax return, and somehow the CRA deleted my direct deposit info so now I have to wait for a paper cheque

I've never gotten around to signing up for direct deposit because the CRA's website is a hellscape of terrible design choices, vague error messages, and e-mail authentication that never comes, which is it's own FWP

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

email authentication lol.

I logged in from a new computer for the first time since last tax season and they sent me a paper security code. by mail

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

My Spirit Otter posted:

email authentication lol.

I logged in from a new computer for the first time since last tax season and they sent me a paper security code. by mail

:staredog: I'm suddenly feeling way less bad about giving up on the process early on

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

admittedly it came pretty quickly, but still

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
lol

In my country the tax / pension / employment website makes you register on their website, and then if the information you give them (including current address) is the same as they have on record, they send you the first half of the password to log in via text message.

The second part is sent by registered mail. So if you're not home when the postman comes, that's a trip to the post office to pick it up for you.

And you better not lose it, because there's no way of doing a password reset, you have to do the whole song and dance over again.

Now, see if you can spot the problem: you need the password to apply for unemployment benefits. Many people need to do so, because there's a pandemic. And while you're supposed to stay home, you have to go out once in a while for groceries and stuff, so you can miss the postman, and have to go to the post office. Which is a bad thing, because you're not supposed to gather in too large of a group, because pandemic.

Bureaucracy! :imunfunny:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have a sore closed up throat and I fear it's the beginnings of strep. Tomorrow I'm calling my doctor, who is doing call-in appointments due to covid and only bringing people in if it's determined to require a visit. I'm nervous that I won't be taken seriously because it's currently very minor, but I'm trying to head it off at the pass just in case it is strep or something. I just don't want to be told to wait until it gets worse, I just got over the flu and I cannot be knocked out of commission again.

This has created a very awkward first world problem kinda dissonance in my brain where I'm like "stupid coronavirus making life hard for me" and then I feel bad because that's disrespectful to the people who're sick and the efforts the health professionals are putting in. :sigh:

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I''ve just been furloughed from my private sector job with full pay for almost 2 months under the government's corona support programme, starting Monday. So it's basically 2 months' paid vacation. None of the others in my team have been furloughed (that I know of) and it's making me feel kinda worthless and I'm hoping some of them at least get the same treatment on Monday.

It's me. I'm the absolutely worst first world problem haver.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My mother likes to buy me starfruit but she always gets the bigger type instead of the smaller, more tasty ones. I am grateful for the starfruit but the big ones are way less flavorful :smith:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
There is a(nother) bee somewhere in my apartment and I don't know where.. :ohdear:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Checked your breadbox lately?

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
I found out Friday that my job is secure and I'm not going to be furloughed. I also found out that I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future. I feel very fortunate to have a job right now but since I'm at home all day I just want to play video games. :sigh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I got pretty good at baking gluten free bread at home so now I decided to start learning how to pickle vegetables. I had a huge bottle of distilled vinegar but it somehow lost all potency. It just smells like water and is a slightly green color. Now I have to go to the grocery store during a pandemic :(

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I have been quarantining myself in my room and things have progressed from "I can't bear to move that precious sleeping kitty" to "SHOVE OVER FURBALL THIS IS MY BED" very quickly.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Mzuri posted:

I''ve just been furloughed from my private sector job with full pay for almost 2 months under the government's corona support programme, starting Monday. So it's basically 2 months' paid vacation. None of the others in my team have been furloughed (that I know of) and it's making me feel kinda worthless and I'm hoping some of them at least get the same treatment on Monday.

It's me. I'm the absolutely worst first world problem haver.

I've been off work for around a month and a half. Thankfully I'm salaried and being paid. However, I'm a huge loser and miss socializing at work. I cant wait to get back to work

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've done so much stuff for fun that I'm actually looking forward to cleaning my place this weekend.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I feel like I'm glad that I've only ever had broke-rear end loser poor people jobs. I loathe the idea of my own home being where I spend my workday. Work and home need to remain separate. When I'm at work, I'm at state; when I'm home, I'm at church.

Yes I realize this is a very awkward time, but I would still loving hate it.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
That's pretty much how I felt about it. I was one of about 4 people who kept going into the office to work before the higher ups made remote work mandatory. It interferes with my work-life balance and I hate it. Don't hate having income right now, though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've been working from home for a few weeks and on balance I gently caress around doing my own internet stuff about as much at home as I do at the office. I'd still rather be at the office.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found a three-hour-or-so version of the Wing Commander 4 story (just the cutscenes) on youtube and I'm struggling to allocate three-hours-or-so into my life so I can watch it.

Made somewhat more difficult because my partner looks entirely like WC4-era Holly Gagnier (who was Sosa in that game) and she is absolutely making fun of me about having a type long before I met her.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My modem keeps failing for like 20 minutes before the reboot fixes the problem and like I just need internet right now, I've been in isolation for 6 weeks and it's what keeps me going.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pick posted:

My mother likes to buy me starfruit but she always gets the bigger type instead of the smaller, more tasty ones. I am grateful for the starfruit but the big ones are way less flavorful :smith:

Dragon fruit look incredible but are extraordinarily bland and disappointing.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I broke quarantine last night to go grocery shopping even though I didn't really need anything. However, I was hoping to pick up a new set of joycons for my Switch at Target but they were completely sold out of everything except a few pro controllers, which is not what I need. My left joycon has a serious drift issue and while it can be repaired, I don't really feel like taking it apart right now especially with no backup in case I gently caress it up. I recalibrated it and everything but it still drifts left constantly and it's really loving with my Animal Crossing. :colbert:

Stoatbringer posted:

Dragon fruit look incredible but are extraordinarily bland and disappointing.

Dragon fruit is pretty good imo, but not necessarily worth the price. Get a kiwi or something instead.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just know that I'm going to get fired from my job because I can't do the work of four people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm very happy that I can still work full time from home. My life hasn't had to change all that much but that's not the same for most people I know.

A FWP of mine is that my boss isn't returning my emails so I can't do some of my job. I won't be blamed for it since I have a paper trail but I hate sitting around doing nothing.

I'm good about making my own work/projects so I don't go nuts but I want to do my regular work!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Bees on Wheat posted:

I broke quarantine last night to go grocery shopping even though I didn't really need anything. However, I was hoping to pick up a new set of joycons for my Switch at Target but they were completely sold out of everything except a few pro controllers, which is not what I need. My left joycon has a serious drift issue and while it can be repaired, I don't really feel like taking it apart right now especially with no backup in case I gently caress it up. I recalibrated it and everything but it still drifts left constantly and it's really loving with my Animal Crossing. :colbert:

Dragon fruit is pretty good imo, but not necessarily worth the price. Get a kiwi or something instead.

literally the day after I bought animal crossing, my switch stopped charging. I've used the thing for a grand total of 6 hours hours to boot. its past the store return date but still under warranty. nintendo repair centres are closed until the pandemic is over.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Spirit Otter posted:

literally the day after I bought animal crossing, my switch stopped charging. I've used the thing for a grand total of 6 hours hours to boot. its past the store return date but still under warranty. nintendo repair centres are closed until the pandemic is over.

Did you use a 3rd party dock?

My FWP is that I finally have a place with AC but it's very powerful and the vent is right above my desk.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Did you use a 3rd party dock?

My FWP is that I finally have a place with AC but it's very powerful and the vent is right above my desk.

You have a vent for ac? Mine comes out of a plug in the wall.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.
I started working from home on 9th of March and I have to say that pretty much all the teleconference/videocall tools suck rear end. Slack, MS Teams, Hangouts, Gotomeeting, all of them are so goddamn simplistic for actual work. Like, just to pull a recent example, you have 15 people join a call and the presenter says: "Since most of us haven't met yet, can you all briefly introduce yourselves :)"

- silence -

- three people start talking at once -

- everybody shuts up, nobody has any idea who should talk -

- :) -

there has to be a better way

why is everyone inventing vine or tiktok but nothing that would help us here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

cyberbug posted:

I started working from home on 9th of March and I have to say that pretty much all the teleconference/videocall tools suck rear end. Slack, MS Teams, Hangouts, Gotomeeting, all of them are so goddamn simplistic for actual work. Like, just to pull a recent example, you have 15 people join a call and the presenter says: "Since most of us haven't met yet, can you all briefly introduce yourselves :)"

- silence -

- three people start talking at once -

- everybody shuts up, nobody has any idea who should talk -

- :) -

there has to be a better way

why is everyone inventing vine or tiktok but nothing that would help us here

In situations like these it’s easiest to start with the person on your left and continue on