Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
also the plot to jet set radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

comics thread what's the best way to download marmaduke comics for satiritcal editing? the go comics page blocks right click and screencapping seems like A Lot Of Work.
If you're using Firefox, you can go to Tools > Page Info, the media tab, then go through the embedded images until you find what you want. This works for pretty much every site that tries to block downloads.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

In Chrome/Safari you can open the Web Inspector and look under Resources > Images.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, "Printscreen", paste into a new document.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I take a photo of the screen with my phone, then I post that to Facebook (change the permissions to "just me" instead of "global") and then I boot up my PC, log onto the internet, click on the 'Start' menu, click on 'Internet Explorer', then I type https://www.facebook.com in the search bar, then I click on the link that says 'Facebook', then I go to 'log in' and type out my username and my password, then I click on my homepage icon, then I scroll down to where the photo appears and I right click on it with my mouse, and then I type out a new filename for the .jpeg file and save it, then I minimize Facebook and open up the 'Start' menu and click on 'Downloads', then I use my mouse to move the new file to the desktop.

My nephew Jonathan taught me the shortcut where you right click on a Facebook picture and then give it a new file name when you're saving it, it cuts out several steps and makes everything a lot faster.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I just explain the joke I wanted to make and wait for some bored goon to finish it for me.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RIP Mort Drucker.

https://twitter.com/NYMammoths/status/1248320497332387843?s=20

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Slimy Hog posted:

Is he helping or trying to stop it?

He’s helping, but I’d like to know why he chose that specific one to help.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

comics thread what's the best way to download marmaduke comics for satiritcal editing? the go comics page blocks right click and screencapping seems like A Lot Of Work.

Click picture, keep mouse button pressed, drag down and then to your desktop/folder?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

RabbitWizard posted:

Click picture, keep mouse button pressed, drag down and then to your desktop/folder?

You can also hit Windows Key + S to immediately bring up a screen capture selector that saves the selection to your clipboard. I use that all the time.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
the screengrap function in firefox under the tree dots works pretty well for me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Deltree c:\ works too

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

Deltree c:\ works too

Anyone else remember the magical days when windows would create hidden virtual drives with the file information in them? Whenever my relatives would ask me for computer help I'd have them delete everything in those drives. It was hilarious for years. They don't talk to me any more.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nurge posted:

Anyone else remember the magical days when windows would create hidden virtual drives with the file information in them? Whenever my relatives would ask me for computer help I'd have them delete everything in those drives. It was hilarious for years. They don't talk to me any more.

Oh my god! and I keep having to play computer janitor, that's what I was doing wrong.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My own brother got me with format c:/

This was like 1998 and it took over a month to get a restore disc from Compaq.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

My own brother got me with format c:/

This was like 1998 and it took over a month to get a restore disc from Compaq.

Dominic, you rat! How could you give your own brother the spicy commandline?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
big thanks to everyone who helped seriously, everyone who played the merry jape at my expense i have one message for you and it's hidden at the bottom of my ripe, supple bussy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

big thanks to everyone who helped seriously, everyone who played the merry jape at my expense i have one message for you and it's hidden at the bottom of my ripe, supple bussy.

Sorry, I turned off signatures

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Krankenstyle posted:

In Chrome/Safari you can open the Web Inspector and look under Resources > Images.

I use ShareX and just snap images that are problematic to copy or can't be parsed by SA.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
in the end i went torrent hunting and caught like a billion viruses instead, now i'm a collection of two thousand horny ukranian pee-pee teens trying to refinance a mortgage for N95 masks direct from manuffacturrerr.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

in the end i went torrent hunting and caught like a billion viruses instead, now i'm a collection of two thousand horny ukranian pee-pee teens trying to refinance a mortgage for N95 masks direct from manuffacturrerr.

Don't admit to that, account sharing is bannable

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

You are probated but in this trying time I would like you to know this comment made me laugh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LifeSunDeath posted:

I use ShareX and just snap images that are problematic to copy or can't be parsed by SA.

weird-al-favorite-webcomic.gif

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Man.

When I was growing up in Norway in the 80s, media was less globalized and it always used to take some time before big American movies made it here -- 6 to 12 months was not unusual. (Distributors would wait and see which movies actually had some commercial and/or critical success, then work out the financial stuff, then get a translation done and duplicate prints with subtitles on, etc.)

But, no such delay applied to print media, crates of magazines would arrive as soon as a boat could cross the Atlantic. So almost every time we went to see an American movie, we had already read the Mad parody of it, and the experience was usually made better for it.

Also my early learning of English as a young nerdling was facilitated by my Dad's old stack of Mad magazines and collections from the 60s and 70s. (As well as his Tom Lehrer albums.) Big part of my childhood going here. Ave atque vale.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

How could they not say McHarvest

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hesburgero-McDonaldian Space Hyper War

Belligerents: Christian Hesburger Kerroswarrior Brigades, Munaturkulainen Nudist Irregulars, Eikan Grilli Zealots, Bulgaria vs. Ronald McDonald Space Cannibal Motherfleet, Donald Trump, Qanon

Casualties: ???

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:58 on Apr 13, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

gross

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Drawn by a person who literally has no idea what dams are :(

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The female dams are apparently designed by someone who has no idea what a female dam would look like. The idea of introducing gendered identities to normally non-gendered objects so often treats the familiar as inherently masculine.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

This is just really dumb.

https://twitter.com/Mossworm1/status/1249633366187573248

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

So that’s where The Wave came from.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
An unexpected, but in hindsight inevitable, turn in the Mr Boop series.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Dr Christmas posted:

That's what happens when you don't gently caress Sonic the Hedgehog in a three-way with Betty Boop who is your wife.

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Dr Christmas posted:

:captainpop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sometimes it's harder on the comics reader

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
good thing Mr. Boop and his wife, Betty Boop (who is his wife) have a completely normal and healthy relationship

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

this is the water, and this is the well. drink full, and descend. the horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I want to suddenly find myself 300-400 years in the future, and a historian is excitedly anxious to ask me about the significance of the common themes between the items, and he just has a pile of third and fourth generation Loss reference memes.