Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
E1.1.0 is out on Beta. You have to opt into it if you want to play with it. Lots of content, balance, and gameplay changes.

Apparently they are making it easier to level up yourself, companions, and troops. Which is nice. I might try my next playthrough on the beta branch.

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/2199387653447817592

Another Edit: Definitely made it way easier.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Thanks for the tips. I've assembled the banner, but not feel like handing it over to anyone. Do I have to pick one and give it?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

alex314 posted:

Thanks for the tips. I've assembled the banner, but not feel like handing it over to anyone. Do I have to pick one and give it?
You don't have to do anything, but as far as I know it's the only way to start your own faction.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fleetwood Crack posted:

You don't have to do anything, but as far as I know it's the only way to start your own faction.

Yeah, the banner is how you start your own faction as the titular Bannerlord, don't give it to anyone.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Don't you have to give it to either the pro empire or the anti empire npcs to start your own faction though?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Pharnakes posted:

Don't you have to give it to either the pro empire or the anti empire npcs to start your own faction though?
Yes. I think Galaga meant don't give it to one of the lords of another faction, start your own.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oops, yeah, thats what I meant.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Some good changes in the new patch:

-Cavalry not being able to hit enemies right next to them when they had swingable weapons and circling each other endlessly issue fixed.
-Mounted agents can calculate enemy positions better and thus more accurately aim their thrust attacks.
-Level 1 characters now start with 120 skill points.
-Reduced XP required to learn higher skill levels.
-Troops can now upgrade more easily.
-Range weapon prices have been re-adjusted. (I assume this means reduced)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Bow costs are down, yes. But the costs of throwing weapons and decent two-handed weapons is way up. Harpoons are 37k, my precious heavy Bardiche (Executioner's axe) is 59k, and a falx is 168k lol. Also higher level arm and leg armor is up in cost, as are higher tier helmets.

Get used to using lower tier crap for a while before you start kitting yourself out in the finest stuff.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Bow costs are down, yes. But the costs of throwing weapons and decent two-handed weapons is way up. Harpoons are 37k, my precious heavy Bardiche (Executioner's axe) is 59k, and a falx is 168k lol. Also higher level arm and leg armor is up in cost, as are higher tier helmets.

Get used to using lower tier crap for a while before you start kitting yourself out in the finest stuff.

Yeah, I noticed the high tier gear costing a lot more.

Considering my late game character was sitting on almost 750k gold and making 1k daily after expenses, I think making the high tear gear more expensive makes some sense.

I noticed the cavalry change too. I got unhorsed twice today by cavalry and that sucks.(It's good the AI can do it now though)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Galaga Galaxian posted:

but how much is the long glaive? the only 2hander that matters.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Wow, they changed siege towers. They're not ladders anymore, but steep ramps your troops can just run right up. They're actually useful now!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Wow, they changed siege towers. They're not ladders anymore, but steep ramps your troops can just run right up. They're actually useful now!

yay

for quite a while any siege i actually led i would forgo any siege equipment because it always made the outcome way worse

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Can you drive a horse up one? :v:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Fleetwood Crack posted:

There've always been some of these. Did they get rid of all the ladder ones finally?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Tabletops posted:

yay

for quite a while any siege i actually led i would forgo any siege equipment because it always made the outcome way worse

I would always go either just ram, or build a bunch of trebuchets and blow up the walls

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

wilderthanmild posted:

I would always go either just ram, or build a bunch of trebuchets and blow up the walls

I've only ever managed to break walls with the rebalance mod.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ram was good because all the defending AI would do once you broke the gates was that really tightly knit ineffectual shield wall where you would just surround them and murder the crap outta them.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
My experience with the ram is that by the time you knocked down the inner door all the troops had already scaled the ladders.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Just tested it out with some random battles. It seems they did replace all the ladder towers with ramp ones. I hope they eventually bring em back, but only once they fix the bug with the ladders.

I also noticed in both games that the defending spearmen rushed the gate once it was broken instead of standing back and getting surrounded.

Did they mention anything like this in patch notes?

I kinda hope they eventually balance things to favor the defenders a bit more. I have yet to see a siege assault fail.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Glass of Milk posted:

My experience with the ram is that by the time you knocked down the inner door all the troops had already scaled the ladders.

my experience with the ram is that when you knocked down the inner door all of your troops would run back out and climb the ladders anyway

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

My experience is that when you stop in the middle of trying to break down the gates with the ram because you've already taken the walls you'll find a mob of militia trapped in the courtyard unable to open the main gate or the one behind them, so you just get on the walls around them and shoot them to death.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Glass of Milk posted:

I order all my infantry to hold position way back until my 200-300 archers have cut down every fucker on the enemy wall.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Fleetwood Crack posted:

I order all my infantry to hold position way back until my 200-300 archers have cut down every fucker on the enemy wall.

It's good to see the premier Warband strategy still works.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Glass of Milk posted:

Get an axe for seiges. My usual two hander did ~13 to doors, but the big axes triple that.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Just don't make my mistake and run in there alone. I thought the AI wouldn't use the rocks so while happily chopping away at the inner door some giggling defender AI plunked me in the head with a rock and one shot me.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Washin Tong posted:

It's good to see the premier Warband strategy still works.

You mean I was the only one rocking full stacks of huscarls for city storming? gently caress me.

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

Can you drive a horse up one? :v:

I've seen someone do that in multiplayer so yes, you can.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weebus posted:

I've seen someone do that in multiplayer so yes, you can.

I sincerely hope you can capture a castle by charging the ramparts with a whole posse of khuzait lancers.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

wilderthanmild posted:

I kinda hope they eventually balance things to favor the defenders a bit more. I have yet to see a siege assault fail.
:agreed: I've only seen one siege fail, because I was actively defending. Even then it was a pyrrhic victory.

They need to let a lot more archers man the walls by default.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

let defenders push ladders down even if there's people on it. make them take longer or let some dudes hang out at the bottom to steady the ladder and prevent that or something. That'd give both sides specific targets to shoot too

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Bannerlord Tweaks and Beta 1.1 seem to have multiplying effect on skill gain, just got 181 points to smithing from breaking down some decent spear.
E: that means 100% legendary, but it feels like just the first crafted item got that status. Still 23k sale value for materials that cost 500, no complaints.

alex314 fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 12, 2020

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

Bannerlord Tweaks and Beta 1.1 seem to have multiplying effect on skill gain, just got 181 points to smithing from breaking down some decent spear.
E: that means 100% legendary, but it feels like just the first crafted item got that status. Still 23k sale value for materials that cost 500, no complaints.

Yeah, tweaks adds a multiplier to xp gain and 1.1 lowers the xp requirements for everything. Combining them results in crazy fast levelling.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah thankfully Tweaks added a mod menu you can access from the main menu and you can just disable the hero XP gain multipliers altogether

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

edit:nvm, found it

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 12, 2020

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Something just launched this horse wayyyy into the air lol.

Had this happen online as we were storming the gates and it flung the body miles over the walls! Had me in stitches and sadly got me killed far quicker than usual, heh.

The physics in this game actually seems pretty good so far. Watching bodies get plastered by arrows or hit with a 2 handed hammer and flung off of walls is great.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
does anyone know what the fire bombs you get in some castles are from? I was defending a castle in an early game save the other day and they had fire bombs along with rocks in the gate tower. That castle was also bugged and all the enemy soldiers would just sit outside the main gate letting me drop bombs on them. Was able to level throwing and athletics to ~60 from one defense (was like a week ago so before I had mods or anything for skill leveling).

but i haven't seen the explodey bombs since then.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There's an engineering perk that unlocks fire weapons - maybe from that?

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

Was it the first smithing thing you did in the beta? They changed the skill level xp requirements, so the first time you get xp you'll jump to a higher skill level

You do get more xp and unlocks from crafting valuable stuff though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Levels in everything seem way faster in beta. Almost too fast in some cases. I hit lvl 70 riding (from like 40) just farming some looters for the first clan rank quest.