Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I liked The Color Out of Space too

Edit: my cat I'm sorry

don longjohns fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Not a single mention of Con Air?! What the gently caress

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. he is loving gone. he is looking for an excuse now. we are gonna wake up and he will just tweet it out.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Raising Arizona is the best Nic Cage movie but I love dumb action movies, and they don't get much dumber than Con Air and The Rock, and I love them

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. he is loving gone. he is looking for an excuse now. we are gonna wake up and he will just tweet it out.
I mean, more than likely he gets fired or reassigned. I do think it's going to cause a major backlash if he does it though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean, more than likely he gets fired or reassigned. I do think it's going to cause a major backlash if he does it though.

idk. part of me thinks just because we are discussing it, it means it won't happen. but gently caress if i know and thats the problem.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
looking forward to Fauci getting fired and the media being outraged for it for all of a day and a half until Trump does something else stupid and it's forgotten about forever

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JT Jag posted:

looking forward to Fauci getting fired and the media being outraged for it for all of a day and a half until Trump does something else stupid and it's forgotten about forever

ehh. shits bad enough with the virus that it would probably cause a decent panic and it might even drop his approval ratings. most folks see fauci as the only sane person on the stage outside maybe birx. idk. i am genuinly hoping trumps not dumb enough to fire him. he might "transfer" him though.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Mandy is the best Nic cage movie unironically.

Wicker man is the best Nic cage movie in general.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Recap of Sunday

https://mobile.twitter.com/KentuckyRAG/status/1249338240450125826
https://mobile.twitter.com/rosemcbridetv/status/1249358243606024192
https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonRadio1776/status/1249399428890406912
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterRQuinones/status/1249320425215180803

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 13, 2020

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump fires Fauci either Monday, Tuesday, or Friday this week. Then the following Monday, the country is “opened”. Summer hits and we see a new, large spike of deaths and spreads from the virus.

No one is allowed to be smarter or more responsible than Trump. Remember, he doesn’t fail, he can only be failed.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

VitalSigns posted:

Passing it in a voice vote in a lame duck session after Democrats won the election is even worse.

It means Democrats wanted it to pass but wanted to avoid responsibility so they quickly pushed it through while avoiding signing their names to it right before they took over the chamber and would no longer be able to blame Republicans

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr6407

Sponsor: Thomas “Tom” Davis III. Representative for Virginia's 11th congressional district. Republican.

Passed by the 109th Congress, House speaker: Dennis Hastert (R)

Moscow Mitch was Senate Majority Leader at the time, in case anyone is wondering.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump fires Fauci either Monday, Tuesday, or Friday this week. Then the following Monday, the country is “opened”. Summer hits and we see a new, large spike of deaths and spreads from the virus.

No one is allowed to be smarter or more responsible than Trump. Remember, he doesn’t fail, he can only be failed.

why this week?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

don longjohns posted:

I liked The Color Out of Space too

Edit: my cat I'm sorry

Only Cage movie I've ever been disappointed by tbh.

Best Cage is obviously the unproduced Superman film, then him as a werewolf in Moonstruck. Then Mandy, Bad Lieutenant, Con Air, Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Face/Off. Lord of War is excellent tho. Goddamn Cage is good.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all of these movies and no one mentions moody teenage nic cage in valley girl?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I still need to see Lord of War, I've heard it's pretty good.

i saw this movie in the theaters when it came out with a friend of mine. said friend recently joined the army and only later did i realize he was a bit of a chud. but after we saw it he mentioned how disappointed it was that the movie wasn't what he expected and how it tried to make the job that nicholas cage did look like it was "bad" thing.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

HonorableTB posted:

How can you fools forget Vampire's Kiss

FIFY

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
How has no one said wild at heart, wtf is wrong with you people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

not emptyquoting

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

John Oliver does a good deep dive on it. The key tl;dr fact is Graham Ledger, their big "Hannity" type host, signs off every show with "Even when I'm wrong, I'm right." Yes seriously.

I honestly thought by "I'm right" didn't mean, "I'm correct", but "I'm right wing."

An okay play on words, and maybe actually clever. But I try not to assume any creativity or wordplay is possible with these goobers.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Revelation 2-13 posted:

teen witch posted:

not emptyquoting

Me neither.

Wild At Heart is amazing (and in my brain, it always goes with True Romance, like peanut butter and chocolate).

(I hear this Trump guy is kind of poo poo. Confirm/deny?)

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
My original response to this was [para] "Jesus Christ, if streaming Easter Mass is good enough for the Pope it's good enough for some goddamned idiot pastor in Kentucky," but in retrospect, the Pope doing it is probably justification to the pastor to exclude the idea. :negative:

It shouldn't be this hard to get it through people's heads that they need to quarantine themselves.

(Honestly, watching Pope Francis conduct Easter Mass today was pretty neat. The scale of St. Peter's Basilica is mind-blowing.)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
n/m

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sundae posted:

(Honestly, watching Pope Francis conduct Easter Mass today was pretty neat. The scale of St. Peter's Basilica is mind-blowing.)
I usually accidentally catch the Christmas mass since I'm up late and yeah, it's amazing how enormous the thing is.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Number of deaths comes in lower than projected (due to measures taken). Trump keeps getting beaten more by right wind saying he did all this for no reason. Trump blames Fauci, fires him like a dog. Nothing matters.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Biden is still a rapist.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
rapist with dementia v rapist with dementia.

how else do you frame this

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
sada baby is our last hope, imo.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why this week?

It's Infrastructure Week

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Ils ne savent pas ce qu’ils perdent,
Tous ces fichus calotins,
Sans le latin, sans le latin,
La messe nous emmerde
Le vin du sacré calice
Se change en eau de boudin
Sans le latin, sans le latin
Et ses vertus faiblissent
A Lourdes, Sète ou bien Parme
Comme à Quimper Corentin
Le presbytère sans le latin
A perdu de son charme
O très Sainte Marie, mère de
Dieu, dites à ces putains
De moines qu’ils nous emmerdent
Sans le latin!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gee I wonder why her favorite Cage film might be the e one about the exploitation of nations and the churning machinery of war for profit hmmmm

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This loving idiot thinks he's doing the Apprentice even now in the midst of a global pandemic, and Fauci might be getting fired this week

What the gently caress is wrong with this country? :psyduck:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1238290520885125120
:vince:

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

And not a single mention of Kick rear end. There sure are a lot of good Nic Cage movies out there

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Gee I wonder why her favorite Cage film might be the e one about the exploitation of nations and the churning machinery of war for profit hmmmm

Mine is the one where he just wanted to kill his kids.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ika posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249422044564992001

WTF, the world has gone mad, when a US president says less oil and more expensive oil is a good thing.

This desperately needs labels to be reversed and Trump's face and orange hands edited in

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

:crnasickos:
You idiots were WARNED of exactly what the state was going to do.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
While sadly I'm sure nothing happened to him, it's wonderful to see the big-brained soul who decided that he'd protest against getting a stern letter by committing a much easier to prove crime of covering his license plate.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I wonder if these hicks might be tricked into abandoning the church if one points out that Jesus was from the Middle East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

I wonder if these hicks might be tricked into abandoning the church if one points out that Jesus was from the Middle East.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth comes back during the Apocalypse and looks like your average Palestinian dude, causing the entire Evangelical church to immediately reject God and join the armies of Satan.