Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok i just did this from install to getting the my nintendo reward and it took idk 25 minutes to get through the tutorial
currently very annoyed that the game is making me install a 591mb update to let me open the main menu and get a code, considering I'm immediately going to be uninstalling this microtransaction-laden mobile trash game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Edit: did not refresh thread!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

New day, back at it again. I have the pink drinks machine:

I want to trade it for the red snacks machine:

If you're down for this, please PM me here or on Discord!

edit: This trade will have to happen after, like, 11AM EST. (It is currently 4AM EST)

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
What is the reward for using the crappy mobile game?

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Crinklepouch posted:

What is the reward for using the crappy mobile game?

You learn patience.

(also some furniture you can order through the Nook Terminal)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

iTrust posted:

(also some furniture you can order through the Nook Terminal)

How is that not a dong flag on the left? :dong:

E: if the RV and minibus were full size I'd reconsider my willingness for this BS

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
Hi guys, im gonna be doing some chores so im gonna open up for a bit
Octavian is working on a fruit wreath, and the able sisters have some cool pilot clothing for sale as well as top hats.
Take all the oranges and apples you want.
Dodo code
CLOSED

Thanks everyone.

Helicoprion fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 13, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Having just played around with the placing of paths for a bit... I find there are places where there is always a gap between a given building and the path. A good example would be the museum. Is that just the way things work, or are there some pro strats I'm missing?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I didn't find a single Large Star Fragment the day after a meteor shower (at least I think it was one? My Nook Miles say I made 39 wishes...) a couple of days ago. Are they that rare or was I just super unlucky? Can't craft the Magic Wand because of this, but at least I have the Bunny Wand.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I made over 200 wishes I got 26 Star fragments, 2 Aries fragments, and zero large Star fragments

I had the recipe for a bamboo wand however which didn't require a large fragment, then I got a couple fish wands in the tourney

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Katana Gomai posted:

I didn't find a single Large Star Fragment the day after a meteor shower (at least I think it was one? My Nook Miles say I made 39 wishes...) a couple of days ago. Are they that rare or was I just super unlucky? Can't craft the Magic Wand because of this, but at least I have the Bunny Wand.

Yeah this is a common occurrence. It happened to me the first time I had a meteor shower, and I'd cleared the star-wishing nook stamps (200) all in that night.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
So apparently I am right on the cusp of a 5 Star rating, because taking down my seasonal Bunny Day decorations dropped my rating to 4 Stars again.

Isabelle was saying I have too much poo poo lying around, which just wasn't true! I had all my free Bunny Day DIY recipes sitting on benches this time, not on the ground!

I pocketed those DIY cards (and the benches) and I stayed at 4 Stars. Then I put the benches back in place, and I reached 5 Stars again!

So, Star Rating and DIY/Freebie Pile PSA: it doesn't matter if your [ITEM]s (not placed furniture/leaves) are on benches, tables, or the floor! They still count against you.

Also, I just found out today that:

Nothing in your house can be looted by dodo visitors (this includes DIY cards, toolboxes, turnips, etc), which for some reason means that visitors cannot read the names of any DIY cards you leave "on display / for request" in your house.

It sucks, but basically if I want to keep a 5-Star rating I have to decorate more to have enough leeway to leave a bunch of spare DIYs lying around for visitors.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had a new person move in and he's from someones town on here that I visited, but I don't ever remember talking to? He's a monkeh lad so thats ok by me!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Also, random (lore?) question: can anyone explain to me why the squid has more than one catch-message? Everything else I have caught has only offered the same pun again and again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's because they're all Splatoon references

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

track day bro! posted:

I had a new person move in and he's from someones town on here that I visited, but I don't ever remember talking to? He's a monkeh lad so thats ok by me!

Is it Boone? He was mine.

I'm going to have my island in three areas - the 'developed' bit where we all live, villagers mostly in two areas either side of the plaza, then a 'garden' place with the orchard and flower gardens with paths and walls, and then the 'wilderness' bit that will include the cliffs and stay more-or-less like it is now. I don't really feel the need to move my river or cliffs right now, they're very good as they are.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lux Animus posted:

So apparently I am right on the cusp of a 5 Star rating, because taking down my seasonal Bunny Day decorations dropped my rating to 4 Stars again.

Isabelle was saying I have too much poo poo lying around, which just wasn't true! I had all my free Bunny Day DIY recipes sitting on benches this time, not on the ground!

I pocketed those DIY cards (and the benches) and I stayed at 4 Stars. Then I put the benches back in place, and I reached 5 Stars again!

So, Star Rating and DIY/Freebie Pile PSA: it doesn't matter if your [ITEM]s (not placed furniture/leaves) are on benches, tables, or the floor! They still count against you.

Also, I just found out today that:

Nothing in your house can be looted by dodo visitors (this includes DIY cards, toolboxes, turnips, etc), which for some reason means that visitors cannot read the names of any DIY cards you leave "on display / for request" in your house.

It sucks, but basically if I want to keep a 5-Star rating I have to decorate more to have enough leeway to leave a bunch of spare DIYs lying around for visitors.

Is there any benefit at all to keeping a 5 star rating? Get that golden can recipe then put your island however you want

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Lux Animus posted:

Also, random (lore?) question: can anyone explain to me why the squid has more than one catch-message? Everything else I have caught has only offered the same pun again and again.

The team that made Animal Crossing also made Splatoon.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there any benefit at all to keeping a 5 star rating? Get that golden can recipe then put your island however you want

You sometimes get special unpickable flowers to grow randomly like weeds on your island for having 5 Stars - the Lily-of-the-Valley, what used to be called the Jacob's Ladder in prior games.

low poly rat
Oct 22, 2012
Would anyone be willing to trade me a red phonebox for a yellow? My phoneboxs not being red is viscerally upsetting to me.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Havelocked posted:

Would anyone be willing to trade me a red phonebox for a yellow? My phoneboxs not being red is viscerally upsetting to me.

How do you think I feel? Mine's loving brown...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Crinklepouch posted:

Would it be weird to put all 10 of my villagers in an urban area on the first section of my island?

People keep being really loving weird about other people's layouts and frankly it's... really loving weird? And also very unchill.

It's your island. Decorate and lay it out however you drat well want. And that includes the dude who crammed all their villagers in the smallest most efficient space. You do you. The flak you got for it is very unchill. :colbert:

I have all my villager houses arranged in a neat row in the central square, on either side of Resident Services. The space in front, to either side, is common area. There will be a park, a pool, and restaurants and such. People live that close together in actual real life cities and nobody is weird about it. Dense urban development is where it's at!

Question while I'm here, does anybody know if the animals will gift you their portraits when you befriend them, ever? Or do the posters from Harv's Island replace that?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Lux Animus posted:

How is that not a dong flag on the left? :dong:

E: if the RV and minibus were full size I'd reconsider my willingness for this BS

That’s the fortune cookie stall from previous games so maybe it’s coming back

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Havelocked posted:

I've got a red one but don't really want a yellow. I'd be willing to trade it for a drink machine, public bench, snack machine, springy ride on, park clock, cotton candy stall or playground gym color that I don't have. I've got a pink drink machine, green public benches, red snack machine, white & green springy ride on, white park clock, black cotton candy stall, red & yellow playground gym.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

My playground gym is grey and white and I can't decide if that's perfect, or the worst.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
My gates are open. Why? No reason, just feel like visitors. Some nice stuff at Ables. Today's hot item is Wooden-block chair

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Enhancing my ability to be annoying by crafting a toot-able pan flute yesss

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Its raining for the first time since spring. Is there any effect on rare fish now?

It's raining for the first time since I started playing and I caught a coelacanth after about 20 minutes. They don't seem quite as rare this time around.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turnip exchange website already filling with same brain rot of ye old gbs pokemon.
Want Pikachu? Will trade for Mew only

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Junkie Disease posted:

Turnip exchange website already filling with same brain rot of ye old gbs pokemon.

Yeah, how does that work? Turnips selling for 161 bells and they have a 99k entry fee yet somehow have 11 people in queue?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have an issue, hoping someone can weigh in, please.

I took an empty area of my island to make a large orchard of various fruit. I planted them with one space between each other. Three days later random trees have grown and most of them are just small sprouts still. I thought maybe the spacing was too little but I have plenty of spacing like that on the rest of my farm. As well, some trees grew in ways that seem to invalidate "only one space between is not enough."

The Sean fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 13, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Yeah, I saw one last night that had 200 bell turnips and a 100k entry fee. That's barely even worth it, even without queues.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Someone on my insta was very proud of himself for selling access to his 90 bell purchase price for gold nuggets

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mine were 108 yesterday, I didn't want to bother taking trips so I just bought them at home. Hilariously there's a nook miles reward for buying them in your own town I had not yet gotten, like when I couldn't figure out what the last fruit was and it turned out it was my native fruit

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Someone posted this gem in the discord... it pretty much sums up the extent of my feelings towards Bunny Day yesterday.

https://twitter.com/thebingtingz/status/1249124987417624576?s=20

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Right. Gates to Le BonZone open via Dodo Code closed. Thanks for visiting!

Julian stopped DIYing the Gold Armor despite my best efforts! Sorry, folks!

Kicks is in town!

Abel's are selling Skeleton outfits!

Stuff by the airport is free to take. Just don't pick the flowers please. Have fun!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 13, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Daisy Mae sent me three bamboo shoots in appreciation for buying 700k worth of turnips :homebrew:

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
It's Rocket's birthday tomorrow. Do villagers give a poo poo about what gifts you give them?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, huh, I'm only at 9 villagers but I got a camper today. I assumed you didn't get campers till you were at 10. Doesn't seem like I can do anything with them (I presume if I build a plot I can ask them to move in, but I don't want this particular camper.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oxyclean posted:

Oh, huh, I'm only at 9 villagers but I got a camper today. I assumed you didn't get campers till you were at 10. Doesn't seem like I can do anything with them (I presume if I build a plot I can ask them to move in, but I don't want this particular camper.)

I'm curious about the campsite too, I got Lucha as soon as I set it up (villager number...7-ish?) but haven't seen a thing happen with it in probably a couple weeks now.
I was hoping folks would be showing up more regularly to give me a chance to update the population.