Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
That sucks :(

I just started a rewatch of the entire series on Hulu last night. Holy crap are the first episodes good.

I want to quote the entire first conversation with John Redcorn. It is so funny on so many levels.

(Paraphrasing just a small part)
JR: “The spirit bag is very sacred to my people, you should not make light.

Dale: “I like how you call everything sacred... that’s funny too”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I know I mentioned this a while back, but it’s too good not to show once more for anyone who missed it.

In the Arlen Flooder episode, Dale plans on building an ark to save his family. When he shows them his hand-drawn plans, you can see he specifically added a little stick figure of Peggy drowning.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

joshtothemaxx posted:

There was one! A Long John Silvers in Fountain City TN. Was torn down in 2017 though. Always made for a needlessly complex situation.

I'd never seen one before this month. Now some of the local food places here have turned their parking lots into makeshift drive thrus and they're all clockwise so you have to order out of your passenger window to avoid spreading the plague.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ordering out the passenger window? Sweet Jesus Peggy, we're not in Europe!

Peeches
May 25, 2018

anyone listen to Order of the Straight Arrow Podcast? they are going through every episode. sorry if this has been discussed already.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

princess_peach posted:

anyone listen to Order of the Straight Arrow Podcast? they are going through every episode. sorry if this has been discussed already.
The only podcast with this format I can stand anymore is Hooked On TJ Hooker.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Doppelganger posted:

The only podcast with this format I can stand anymore is Hooked On TJ Hooker.

That's the best one because Eric and Ben make the show under the assumption that no one is actually going to watch TJ Hooker along with the podcast.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chick Mangione? I'm a dude!

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Twitch posted:

That's the best one because Eric and Ben make the show under the assumption that no one is actually going to watch TJ Hooker along with the podcast.
I just found out earlier that Zach Braff and Donald Faison are stealing the idea for Office Ladies, and I just started screaming “NO” over and over again in my car.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I would sooner tongue-kiss Bill than listen to a Zach Braff podcast.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I started listening to it and it’s not nearly as well put together as Office Ladies but it’s alright. Scrubs is a way lower profile show so more of the info about it is new to me.

I’m not proud to have written or had these thoughts.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The episode of King of the Hill where Peggy opens a book store that becomes a shooting range that becomes a book club

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

I just found out earlier that Zach Braff and Donald Faison are stealing the idea for Office Ladies, and I just started screaming “NO” over and over again in my car.

Jesus christ that's sad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Marin Karin posted:

Y-Yeah, shore would be funny if me an' Hank made out... :smith:

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

princess_peach posted:

I had the misfortune of starting listening to a watchthrough podcast that posted its latest episode the day I discovered it. When nothing more materialized two weeks later, I doublechecked and it was that day three years ago.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Marin Karin posted:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

So you're saying theres a chance

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:allears:

https://twitter.com/wickerlark/status/1250548447285035010?s=19

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Daikloktos posted:

I had the misfortune of starting listening to a watchthrough podcast that posted its latest episode the day I discovered it. When nothing more materialized two weeks later, I doublechecked and it was that day three years ago.

Yeah I hate that, these guys are on season 2, not exactly promt, but they seem to have past that point where podcast get flakey

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The tarot card episode is a weird dying echo of the satanic panic.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

The tarot card episode is a weird dying echo of the satanic panic.

I thought it was a bitingly accurate satire of people I knew in highschool...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Great use of David Cross too.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Extra Large Marge posted:

Great use of David Cross too.
“Probably from the East.”

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

No one thought they were satanic they just thought they were dorks

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alright alright, but I figure those people would have been playing Magic the Gathering rather than tarot.

Doppelganger posted:

“Probably from the East.”

That line was perfect.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Alright alright, but I figure those people would have been playing Magic the Gathering rather than tarot.

That line was perfect.

Yeah I could see how you'd get to that conclusion, but in my personal experience the "kids that believe magic is real" and "kids that play collectible card games" don't actually line up all that much. MTG nerds are your run of the mill nerds, they like Harry Potter. That group in the episode loathes Harry Potter.

For example in highschool I was taking a walk with my girflriend and our mutual friend in the desert when our friend just suddenly crouched down in the dirt and drew a pentagram and said "the next person to walk here is going to trip, I placed a hex here"

She didn't even know what MTG was lol, and her parents were much like the kid in the episodes mom. Totally gross and irresponsible. Their apartment had no furniture, if you don't count butane torches and a lone couch.

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Ladddyybirdd.. daddy's got your dindin.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PinheadSlim posted:

Totally gross and irresponsible. Their apartment had no furniture, if you don't count butane torches and a lone couch.

They know their way around a clean burning fuel, sounds like decent people to me.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Butane is a bastard gas

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Another Bill posted:

They know their way around a clean burning fuel, sounds like decent people to me.

That's a clean burning hell I tell ya hwat.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Obligatory coronavirus episode:

Buck leaves Hank in charge and flees to his bomb shelter. Hank realizes he prefers social distancing and relishes in the absence of intimacy.

Peggy tries to go viral by coming up with a handy way to improvise a mask. When Bobby accidentally invents one and it gains popularity, Peggy tries to get him cancelled.

Dale holes up in the basement with Joseph after Nancy refuses to stay home from work.
“I’ve got ALL the toilet paper, Nancy!”

Boomhauer is stranded somewhere awesome with a dozen beautiful women at the beginning of the outbreak.

Bill continues living life normally. Sadly, the only people dumb enough to let him come visit are Luanne and Lucky.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bill takes symptoms for attention

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bill takes symptoms for attention

bill appears in the beginning of the episode telling the guys how he's trying to get the virus so he can see aaaaaaall the pretty nurses in the hospital

he doesn't appear for the rest of the episode but the during-credits gag is, he wakes up from a coma three weeks later in the base hospital. his nurse is a surly rear end medic that looks like one of the bulk buddies. he does the bill scream, smash cut to the deedle-dee, production studio logos, out

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

the episode would be:

act 1 peggy fumbling about trying to substitute teach over zoom, proclaiming herself an expert, and making Hank use it to talk to the guys. Bobby does tiktok comedy

act 2 Joseph sees Bobby's success, and starts a jackass style tiktok. Hank actually likes zoom. he starts a zoom group with a variety of arlenites (the neighbors, john redcorn, principal moss, etc) but at some point he leaves the audio on when he goes to urinate. Hank bwaahhhs from embarrassment into commercial.

act 3 Joseph gets more follows than Bobby, Bobby gets kind of upset, but soldiers on. Hank goes into a shame spiral and he hasn't mowed his lawn in 3 days. Bobby gives Hank advice on accepting public embarrassment. Joseph let's success go to his head and does something creepy. Hank gets over his embarrassment. Peggy gets a call from the school board banning her from doing any further e-education, cut to Hank mowing his lawn.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The only question is would Judge force a Re-open Arlen episode ala Transfacism?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

second episode

act 1 Hank is driving home in the truck, and gets pulled over. policeman is all chummy "we just have to stop folks randomly, make sure they're only going out for essentials, you know the hassle." Hank is all yes sir, just stopping the megalomart for a case of Alamo, and 75 lbs of beef, oh and he stopped by cjs hardware to pick up a replacement backup backup bandsaw blade. the cop frowns, says Hank visited a non-essential business, and gives him a ticket. Hank argues that hardware is essential, but the cop says thems the bricks. Dale is telling Nancy he's closing in on the reeeal origin of the virus, that the government's of the world yadda yadda. quick shot boomhauer's one night stand won't/can't leave because of the quarantine, he says baby that's alright by me etc etc fade to black

act 2 Hank is trying to get video conferencing with the city council, but everyone's audio is jerky, and video flickers. after misunderstandings they pass a motion to recognize Hank Williams as a Texas Hero, thank you mr. hole. Hank vows to fight on. Dale "discovers" that the virus started not just in arlen, but on rainey st!!!! Hank puts a sign on his truck, and pulls his tools into the yard, and just build poo poo for days, and the same cop drives by for some reason and they give another dirty looks. boomhauer and his lady friends are arguing like an old married couple yuck yuck. in Dale's basement, he's staring at a computer "i finally found you... patient zero." and it's Bill

act 3 Hank's starting to feel defeated, he's used up all the wood in the house. Dale is trying to lure bill out of the house to get his blood, but of course he ends up spilling the beans to bill, and bill now believes he's immune. he goes for joyrides, goes and hangs out at stores, tries to impress women with his immunity. even the same cop pulls him over, "oh, it's okay, I'm patient zero, I'm immune!" and the cop waives him along. boomhauer and lady are discussing a family and plans for the future when this crazy thing is over. Hank sees Bill getting better treatment, and is resentful, but just then he gets an emergency propane call from the mayor. he goes to the mayor's house, but there's no propane emergency, really just a pipe burst, none of the plumbers are essential, and Hank's the only person he can trust... "well isn't that something mr mayor... trusting people to do the right thing" smug smile. cut to the mayor announcing the lifting of some restrictions, including hardware stores. boomhauer kicks the girl out. bill gets covid.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

By god I think there's enough footage to cut that whole episode together

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

By god I think there's enough footage to cut that whole episode together

https://twitter.com/variousmales/status/1250930955805765632?s=19

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lucky drying to drop lawsuit

Lawyer: yeah well they were in the wrong place in the wrong time. That's two wrongs I reckon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
That COVID-19 minisode is fantastic.

I'm nearing the end of my rewatch and noticing little gems, like the VAYA CON LIBROS poster in the Tom Landry MS library in multiple episodes (Powder Puff Boys; Straight as an Arrow). I would love to find this poster or really any Monsignor Martinez swag. I have a friend in Texas who is an English teacher, Spanish speaker, and a huge KotH fan, and she would flip out.