Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Dingleberry posted:

front-butt buffet

junk yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

French contractor gets a surprise fighter jet ride with the French AF, accidentally punches out mid-flight:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/...ByBhaXpyJTFJcYM

If you think about it, this is way better than just a ride in a fighter.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Right?! The idiots were the air force* buddies who all but browbeat him into taking the ride, and especially the one who didn’t tell him about the “”DO NOT PULL” lever (or strap him in right, etc).

*countries change, but idiots don’t

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McNally posted:

If you think about it, this is way better than just a ride in a fighter.
Ejection seats have a pretty good chance of loving up you back though, right?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its not great for you thats for sure. It just is a better* option than crashing in a plane

*usually

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

Ejection seats have a pretty good chance of loving up you back though, right?

Yeah but now he's a member of Martin-Baker's cool tie club.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How hard do you have to pull on that handle? Five, ten kilograms of pull? You probably don't want it to be too easy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

http://www.vfp62.com/f14_rio.html

Here's the after action report for the same accident but in 2008. It is very good reading

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I heard that this is the idiot thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well now it is

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is this the idiot thread

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:downs:

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

EBB posted:

Is this the idiot thread

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Tunicate posted:

http://www.vfp62.com/f14_rio.html

Here's the after action report for the same accident but in 2008. It is very good reading

I'm only in here because McNally made fun of Duzzy but HOLY poo poo

McNally posted:

I did not think I had heard of this before but its ringing a bell. Was this in Bud Day's Autobiography? (E: Or Yeager)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 13, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

McNally posted:

Is Martin-Baker going to rules lawyer him out of it, though? Their tie club says "emergency ejections".

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is Martin-Baker going to rules lawyer him out of it, though? Their tie club says "emergency ejections".

Oh man I hope not.

Arguably any ejection is an emergency.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I got shot out of a fighter jet and all i got didn’t even get this crappy watch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well traditionally one associated a gift watch with this thing called retirement that used to exist

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Now that I've been made aware that there was an idiot thread around that I was too dumb to look for, I'm happy to report that, after sharpening my knives a little too excessively, it turns out that they are, in loving fact, sharp.

Wiped down my cooking surface in the kitchen, casually shoved some things to the side and got a proper white-girl cut on my pinky.
Wrapped it in kitchen towels initially to contain the mess until I figured out I still had a metric fuckton of gauze, surgical fleece, adhesive dressing, compressive bandages, wound antiseptic and iodine ointment from my last injury.

So now I'm treating it like a GSW at a level I trauma center :smugbert:

It's me.

I'm the idiot.

Namaste.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Now that I've been made aware that there was an idiot thread around that I was too dumb to look for, I'm happy to report that, after sharpening my knives a little too excessively, it turns out that they are, in loving fact, sharp.

Wiped down my cooking surface in the kitchen, casually shoved some things to the side and got a proper white-girl cut on my pinky.
Wrapped it in kitchen towels initially to contain the mess until I figured out I still had a metric fuckton of gauze, surgical fleece, adhesive dressing, compressive bandages, wound antiseptic and iodine ointment from my last injury.

So now I'm treating it like a GSW at a level I trauma center :smugbert:

It's me.

I'm the idiot.

Namaste.

I'm triggered by how much toilet paper you wasted instead of just using a shirt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The first strips of kitchen towel were basically to contain the mess and put pressure on it until I could properly treat it, but every single double-folded strip bled right through, so I went through a couple of strips. Let's not judge my post-idiocy idiocy.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
what the gently caress is a white-girl cut? you saw blood and screamed like a bitch?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I honestly don't know about my choice of term, but in my head it sounded like the equivalent to white-girl-wasted and I went with that.
The cut is like an amplified papercut. You know it's not really bad, but it's gonna be annoying as hell for a while. Tip of my pinky is numb, though, so while I apparently didn't hit any tendons or other important poo poo, I struck a nerve, I guess.

But boy howdy, am I ever so glad that I'm not on anti-coagulants anymore after a year and a half. I'd probably still be bleeding like a stuck pig this evening.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

I'm triggered by how much toilet paper you wasted instead of just using a shirt.

That's a paper towel, homie.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's a paper towel, homie.

Its 2020, bro. That's toilet paper in America.

I'm a dumb dumb. :downs:in my defense, the baby woke me at 4 am.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

America 2020: Everything is toilet paper

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I haven’t seen anyone walking around with just one sleeve, yet.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Icon Of Sin posted:

I haven’t seen anyone walking around with just one sleeve, yet.

Waiting for Walmart to report a run on family pack tube socks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

McNally posted:

Oh man I hope not.

Arguably any ejection is an emergency.

I asked the company on Twitter if he’s in or not, I’ll update if they answer.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Waiting for Walmart to report a run on family pack tube socks.

I was on an early morning bus from Spangdahlem to Munich for Oktoberfest and I had to poo poo something fierce. It was one of those hosed-up mushy clay shits that you know is gonna be a nightmare. The only TP the bus had was that John Wayne* one-ply stuff, and I just knew I'd be wiping a bleeding rear end in a top hat and still feeling dirty afterwards if I used that. Not wanting to walk around Oktoberfest with a rocking case of monkeybutt I had to improvise. Fortunately I had a change of underwear, shirt and socks in my backpack and a Leatherman. I quickly converted the socks into strips of absorbent cottony goodness and used them to keep my O-ring sparkly. It worked surprisingly well but I weep for whoever had to pump the tank on that bus, I'm sure I hosed up the guts of it pretty bad flushing those.

Upon arriving we got in a tent by 8:30 or so, and I had five of those one-liter beers and a half a chicken. I stood up and immediately started wobbling. My best friend and I took off to go wander and at some point I stumbled forward head-first and inadvertently headbutted the poo poo out of a woman, right in the face. She must have been American or Canadian, because she reeled back yelling "what the gently caress" and my friend, like a good friend should, grabbed my shoulder and shoved us off into the crowd before someone (rightfully) kicked my drunken rear end. So somewhere out there a woman's biggest Oktoberfest memory is a drunk moron headbutting her in the face out of loving nowhere.

*Because it's rough, it's tough and it won't take poo poo from anyone

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My squadron sent an E3 TDY for a week or so support some local LFE a few years back. The latrine servicing dudes were on strike or something so anything placed inside would be part of the jet until its return to home station. There's only so much bodily functions can be suppressed on 10 hour sorties, so the combination of poo poo + lots of time baking under the sun on the apron was pretty potent but still not as toxic as the idiot DETCO :v:.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 13, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wild T posted:

I was on an early morning bus from Spangdahlem to Munich for Oktoberfest and I had to poo poo something fierce. It was one of those hosed-up mushy clay shits that you know is gonna be a nightmare. The only TP the bus had was that John Wayne* one-ply stuff, and I just knew I'd be wiping a bleeding rear end in a top hat and still feeling dirty afterwards if I used that. Not wanting to walk around Oktoberfest with a rocking case of monkeybutt I had to improvise. Fortunately I had a change of underwear, shirt and socks in my backpack and a Leatherman. I quickly converted the socks into strips of absorbent cottony goodness and used them to keep my O-ring sparkly. It worked surprisingly well but I weep for whoever had to pump the tank on that bus, I'm sure I hosed up the guts of it pretty bad flushing those.

Let's not talk about the second half of that story for a second, but just to recap: You went full recon-style-tactical-squat...at Oktoberfest?

:stare:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Let's not talk about the second half of that story for a second, but just to recap: You went full recon-style-tactical-squat...at Oktoberfest?

I mean, if by that you mean "blew up the shitter on a chartered bus to Munich and flushed a torn-up shitsock" then yeah.

Edit: I did manage to puke so hard that my nose started spontaneously pouring blood. May or may not have been related to the earlier headbutt incident.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 13, 2020

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In ze autobus I believe.

When I was in Egypt back in 2009 (just before poo poo went bananas) we were in Abu Simbel and the traveller's shits finally caught up to me. It's a pretty touristy place with MUCH better bathrooms than the majority of Egypt's cultural sites...except that toilet paper was handed out by the individual square by an extremely crotchety old woman. I tried asking for more before going into the stall, knowing I would need more, and got chewed out.

So I go into the stall, blast out what felt like a waterjet from my butthole, wipe with the piddly one square and KNOW there's going to be more than one round. While there's still time pull my pants up, leave the stall, literally pull the roll from the old woman's hand and waddle back into the stall.

She chased me into the men's room screaming and banging on the stall door. I slipped 10 egyptian pounds underneath the door and she left me alone to poo poo my brains out in peace.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wild T posted:

I mean, if by that you mean "blew up the shitter on a chartered bus to Munich and flushed a torn-up shitsock" then yeah.

Edit: I did manage to puke so hard that my nose started spontaneously pouring blood. May or may not have been related to the earlier headbutt incident.

Oh, now it's registering. I figured for a moment that you opted out of taking a poo poo on the bus and then did your secret-squirrel business later on the actual Wiesn. I'm somewhat relieved.

Not quite SOF Marine tier, but still :lol:-tier

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Guest2553 posted:

My squadron sent an E3 TDY for a week or so support some local LFE a few years back. The latrine servicing dudes were on strike or something so anything placed inside would be part of the jet until its return to home station. There's only so much bodily functions can be suppressed on 10 hour sorties, so the combination of poo poo + lots of time baking under the sun on the apron was pretty potent but still not as toxic as the idiot DETCO :v:.

Holy gently caress. The lav reeks even after a regular 14 hour sortie.

I’ve seen people fill that thing up that a poo peak grows to nearly flush with the seat.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

bloops posted:

I’ve seen people fill that thing up that a poo peak grows to nearly flush with the seat.

If your last poo poo makes it high enough that no one else can poo poo, does that make you King of poo poo Mountain?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Up poo poo peak without a, idk, rappel? Saddle? I got nothing.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

bloops posted:

Holy gently caress. The lav reeks even after a regular 14 hour sortie.

When I was working for the parks ministry in Western Canada I had to restock a couple of high-use ski park outhouses in the winter. There would always be a cone of frozen poo poo sticking out of the hole like a nutty stalagmite. We had a special shovel we used to flatten it down so it wouldn't pierce the butthole of anyone dumb enough to sit flush with the seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

From poop knife to poop e-tool