Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I may yet still opt to mod it out, but I don’t think fatigue is the issue in this case. My green bar is full, that Mage just keeps on one-shotting me with what I think is a fireball.

I probably need better gear and skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Hand to hand is great because it levels up really fast and you can stunlock enemies.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I may yet still opt to mod it out, but I don’t think fatigue is the issue in this case. My green bar is full, that Mage just keeps on one-shotting me with what I think is a fireball.

yeah the only real early-game strategy to killing that mage is to stay far enough away that you can dodge his fireballs until he runs out of magicka, and that isn't exactly the easiest thing to do

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Are you talking about that first cave near Seyda Neen? Does what's his face (Fargoth's friend) sell any summon scrolls? Or if you have conjuration as a major skill I think you start with summon ancestral ghost. Those are good for wasting enemy mages mana.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

his name is arrile

your morrowind level is how many inhabitants of seyda neen you can name

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Oh man, I remembered this guy's name as "Theralas", but it's "Thiralas". poo poo. Apparently the only Theralas in Morrowind are from TR.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I bought Skyrim on Steam forever ago during a sale and finally downloaded because I'm bored during the lockdown. I got to the part during the intro where the dragon comes and said to myself "this sucks poo poo" and uninstalled.

I actually haven't played through Morrowind in like 10 years, so I think it's time for a visit back to Vvardenfell

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

juke 'em. Make that dude hit a wall or something. Once he dumps magic he'll run up with a lovely knife and you could hopefully stomp him.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

whydirt posted:

I bought Skyrim on Steam forever ago during a sale and finally downloaded because I'm bored during the lockdown. I got to the part during the intro where the dragon comes and said to myself "this sucks poo poo" and uninstalled.

I actually haven't played through Morrowind in like 10 years, so I think it's time for a visit back to Vvardenfell

It's an amazing time to come back. The mwse-lua stuff is both huge and very recent

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Does unarmored work properly now with the code patch and patch for purists installed, I might start a new run as a monk.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Okay, fatigue loving sucks. I feel like I'm cheating, but I gotta mod that poo poo out.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Okay, fatigue loving sucks. I feel like I'm cheating, but I gotta mod that poo poo out.

It's not cheating. It does suck, mod it out.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the game is fantastic, not perfect

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Fatigue is fine, you’re supposed to walk and take in the beautiful scenery.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
Nah, just apply the “healthy appetite” option in the mcp and run around scarfing down sackfuls of saltrice. Lighter than fatigue potions for way less price

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

chaosapiant posted:

Fatigue is fine, you’re supposed to walk and take in the beautiful scenery.

Only endless bunnyhopping is canonical

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
imo just chill and walk. The key is especially at low levels you want to absolutely minimize your encumbrance as much as you possibly can.

Ex: mages should be walking around with pants, maybe a knife or staff, that's fuckin it. Cart your alchemy poo poo to somewhere you can safely store it and make your potions at home.
Warriors should be wearing the lightest armor they can, until they get swole, or gently caress it skip full coverage. A level 1 with a full suit of iron is going to be slow as hell, poo poo the helmet and curiass that you can get gifted in balmora can be enough to gently caress you up early on.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Chunderbucket posted:

Only endless bunnyhopping is canonical

That only applies on the ramps of Vivec, by where it was foretold that the Nerevarine either boosted his acrobatic skill, or fell through the level geometry.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Skwirl posted:

Does unarmored work properly now with the code patch and patch for purists installed, I might start a new run as a monk.

Yes it does. My favorite character type is an unarmed hand to hand + magic/alchemy/enchanting monk. The ultimate in self sufficiency.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
You know what doesn't drain fatigue? Levitation.

The only way to travel.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

The only way to travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChsyweLDos

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I ended up not modifying fatigue and just started making sure I have some restore fatigue potions on hand. It’s not too bad. I also added a mod that makes gathering herbs more like Skyrim, that’s an unbelievably nice quality of life improvement.

I’m glad for the tip to start carrying less stuff. I was getting stressed about all the poo poo I was carrying, especially since I’m trying to play as a thief. Now I understand.

Last night I stole a full set of Master alchemy gear so poo poo is about to get weird.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

Getting sucked off in a big Shed.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
https://twitter.com/morrowind_txt/status/1249252005513580546?s=19

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I just found out my little sister owns a daggerfall tshirt and now I'm consumed by jealousy and trawling redbubble. Something subtle maybe the Telvanni symbol or a silt strider

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
There's a lot of Morrowind jewelry on Etsy, if you want to go that route.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Theres this guy on the morrowind sub who makes new morrowind art every other day

https://www.reddit.com/user/Deloto51/submitted?sort=new

He said he takes commissions too which owns, its very tempting

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I ended up not modifying fatigue and just started making sure I have some restore fatigue potions on hand. It’s not too bad. I also added a mod that makes gathering herbs more like Skyrim, that’s an unbelievably nice quality of life improvement.

I’m glad for the tip to start carrying less stuff. I was getting stressed about all the poo poo I was carrying, especially since I’m trying to play as a thief. Now I understand.

Last night I stole a full set of Master alchemy gear so poo poo is about to get weird.

there are some extremely common alchemy ingredients with which you can make restore fatigue potions, and the potions you make are always lighter than what you buy so you can carry tons without it affecting your encumbrance much/at all. i always have like 20 self-made restore fatigue potions, minimum, on hand. and you get to train alchemy easily by doing this, too!

alchemy can also just completely demolish the game if you know what you're doing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there are some extremely common alchemy ingredients with which you can make restore fatigue potions, and the potions you make are always lighter than what you buy so you can carry tons without it affecting your encumbrance much/at all. i always have like 20 self-made restore fatigue potions, minimum, on hand. and you get to train alchemy easily by doing this, too!

alchemy can also just completely demolish the game if you know what you're doing.

Specifically, (spoiled because it's a really easy way to break the game very early on, like the moment you get to Balmora) you can go to the imperial shrine in Wolverine Hall and Scelian Plebo sells restocking supplies of Saltrice and Chokeweed, which both only cost 1 gold and weigh .1 (whatever the standard unit of weight is) and so you can make an infinite supply of restore fatigue potions, since they sell for more than the ingredients cost, I can't remember if you need to be a member to buy from him, if so you can do the same thing at the mage's guild there with crab meat and kwama eggs, but the potions will weigh a little bit more. Almost positive you don't need to be a member for that, but I figure most anyone messing with alchemy is probably a mage's guild member anyways.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 12, 2020

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Skwirl posted:

Specifically, (spoiled because it's a really easy way to break the game very early on, like the moment you get to Balmora) you can go to the imperial shrine in Wolverine Hall and Scelian Plebo sells restocking supplies of Saltrice and Chokeweed, which both only cost 1 gold and weigh .1 (whatever the standard unit of weight is) and so you can make an infinite supply of restore fatigue potions, since they sell for more than the ingredients cost, I can't remember if you need to be a member to buy from him, if so you can do the same thing at the mage's guild there with crab meat and kwama eggs, but the potions will weigh a little bit more. Almost positive you don't need to be a member for that, but I figure most anyone messing with alchemy is probably a mage's guild member anyways.

Also, if you sell restocking ingredients back to the vendor, now they will restock at that increased amount. Eg buy 10 saltrice from the vendor, sell them back to the vendor, and now the vendor has 20 restocking saltrice instead of 10. Saves time with repeat buying.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

i mean, in that same area you can find the vendor who sells the two ingredients to make infinitely stacking fortify intellect, i dont think infinite restore fatigue pots is quite as broken :v:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

That the Nerevarine got so hocked up on potions that they achieved divinity should be canon imo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Skwirl posted:

i was more thinking of fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make better fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make better fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make ridiculously overpowered fortify strength/health/agility/whatever potions that last forfuckinever and just effortlessly demolish everything in your path

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i mean, in that same area you can find the vendor who sells the two ingredients to make infinitely stacking fortify intellect, i dont think infinite restore fatigue pots is quite as broken :v:

no where near as broken, but a lot quicker right from the start to get that going and then sell all those to the creeper.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
My fiancé hasn’t played games since Morrowind, she was obsessed with it and having recently built a second computer I thought I’d pre install it on there to try to lure her back to the dark side.

This thread is a fantastic resource and I’ll def be able to get a sleeker, more modern version running.

My question is about the coop/multiplayer mod for OpenMorrowind that I was reading about, does it work well enough for us to stumble through he game together?

Abongination fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 13, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Abongination posted:

My question is about the coop/multiplayer mod for OpenMorrowind that I was reading about, does it work well enough for us to stumble through he game together?

Yes if you're willing to troubleshoot your install and forward ports etc

Configuration is done via .cfg

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Yes if you're willing to troubleshoot your install and forward ports etc

Configuration is done via .cfg

Thanks, great to hear!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i was more thinking of fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make better fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make better fortify intelligence potions, drink them to make ridiculously overpowered fortify strength/health/agility/whatever potions that last forfuckinever and just effortlessly demolish everything in your path

So uh, how do I get this action going? :D

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So uh, how do I get this action going? :D

Aunius Autrus in the at the same templein Wolverine Hall sells Ash Yam and bloat, those make fortify intelligence potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It's crazy how little I miss radiant AI when I go back to this game. Like, basic day-night schedules for npcs are neat (maybe even possible now with mwse), but heaps of well written conversation dialogue and character more than make up for it