Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

what a bizarre way to admit that he has a complicated relationship with his mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1248613008680476674

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

coconono posted:

Nick is real goddamn dumb. Tony’s money is more legit than Vince’s.

Tony's money is legit, but he's also some random guy that Nick had never heard of calling from out of the blue talking about starting a promotion, and people with dreams and big promises are really common. I can't blame Nick for being skeptical, and if you can't see why "who the hell is this?" is a valid reaction you are pretty solidly tainted by hindsight.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It would take like 2 minutes to look up Tony on Google and figure out he might be serious about starting something, at least serious enough to meet with him.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Tony's money is legit, but he's also some random guy that Nick had never heard of calling from out of the blue talking about starting a promotion, and people with dreams and big promises are really common. I can't blame Nick for being skeptical, and if you can't see why "who the hell is this?" is a valid reaction you are pretty solidly tainted by hindsight.

For those in the know, Tony Khan is an intelligent long time fan. I think long time observer subscriber, used to be at ROH shows, etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The saga from Five Hour Tees being a lovely rear end company Colt promoted in his early podcasts because they were local in Chicago with a thin skinned owner to Pro Wrestling Tee's catapulting themselves into being the best place to get wrestling apparel is a story in itself.

I have no idea if that original guy still works there but he is/was a massive dipshit five years ago.

e: Bix needs to do a deep dive on PWT. They're alright now but they used to be an absolute nightmare

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

njsykora posted:

It would take like 2 minutes to look up Tony on Google and figure out he might be serious about starting something, at least serious enough to meet with him.

Being serious about starting something is easy, being capable of following through is a lot harder, look at how many startups crash and burn. "Hi, you don't know me but I'm a billionaire and I want to start a startup with you" probably sets off a lot of bullshit alarms and is a much riskier proposition than taking a contract from a known entity, whether it's NJPW, WWE, TNA, ROH, whoever. From what I remember it wasn't just Nick that was dismissive at first, I'm pretty sure someone said that Matt was the only one willing to listen to Tony at first out of all of the EVPs and family. In hindsight it was the right decision, but who here can honestly say that they would believe the story of AEW if someone told them about it before All In?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Tony Khan could've easily been just another money mark who throws a few million on a vanity project for shits and giggles, then loses interest three months later. There's a difference between having money to throw around and actually putting in the work that running a major wrestling company entails.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If someone called me out of the blue claiming to be billionaire Tony Khan and wanting to pour in millions to start a business with me there is an approximately zero percent chance I would think it was real and not a scam or prank

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hi, I'm billionaire Tony Khan. Professor Zhakarov, I would like to go into business with you.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
By the time Tony Khan would have been close to offering an actual, take this over WWE contract to the Bucks and the other EVPs, they were already friends, with Tony having provided the private plane for Jericho to be able to do the surprise appearance at All in. There's probably some context missing, though. But yeah, even if you verify he's legit, "this dude has this money and he wants to use it for WHAT?" is going to throw you for a loop. Several years earlier, Tony had reached out to me through a mutual friend about something, and the "wait, this guy I used to post with where is actually who in the what now?" aspect was...interesting to process.

RealFoxy posted:

The saga from Five Hour Tees being a lovely rear end company Colt promoted in his early podcasts because they were local in Chicago with a thin skinned owner to Pro Wrestling Tee's catapulting themselves into being the best place to get wrestling apparel is a story in itself.

I have no idea if that original guy still works there but he is/was a massive dipshit five years ago.

e: Bix needs to do a deep dive on PWT. They're alright now but they used to be an absolute nightmare
I've thought about this before, and there's probably a good angle in there. Would Ryan Barkin/One Hour Tees have had ANY licensing experience before Colt started PWTees with them? I doubt it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MJeff posted:

Hi, I'm billionaire Tony KhanCEO Nwabudike Morgan. Professor Zhakarov, I would like to go into business with you.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

22 Eargesplitten posted:

also startups don't have the best track record of existing for a long time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/realddp/status/1249485260854788097

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DDP is so loving awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No no they fired that guy.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Madame Tussauds' new wax figure is looking good!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1249706550433906688

Why are "Got _____?" shirts still a thing? Are they even a thing and wrestling is just laughably behind the curve as usual? Who would want this?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the shirt is about as cool as Tom Lawlor so its perfect.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is amazing and I'm glad he's not in a hotel by himself

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dang DDP got a nice house.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

davidbix posted:

By the time Tony Khan would have been close to offering an actual, take this over WWE contract to the Bucks and the other EVPs, they were already friends, with Tony having provided the private plane for Jericho to be able to do the surprise appearance at All in. There's probably some context missing, though. But yeah, even if you verify he's legit, "this dude has this money and he wants to use it for WHAT?" is going to throw you for a loop. Several years earlier, Tony had reached out to me through a mutual friend about something, and the "wait, this guy I used to post with where is actually who in the what now?" aspect was...interesting to process.

I've thought about this before, and there's probably a good angle in there. Would Ryan Barkin/One Hour Tees have had ANY licensing experience before Colt started PWTees with them? I doubt it.

bix did you know you've sent wrestling tapes to the homes of future network television tv stars

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I finally got this dumb twitter account over

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1249737288915058690

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ah, gently caress

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris Jericho is clockwork. At exactly the same time every day he has to do something terrible.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What a heel

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

who could've imagined the guy who had donald trump jr on his podcast would do such a thing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
He also liked:

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1248360971271315457?s=20
(Captain Trips was the name of the disease that killed the whole world in The Stand)

in conclusion, Chris Jericho is a man of contrasts

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chris Jericho is the human embodiment of all of professional wrestling, good and bad

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Chris Jericho is dumb as a post when it comes to anything not taking place in the ring, this is a known fact

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was hoping chris jericho would be governor of new york and also marry me

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

chris spent a lot of time on the road between towns listening to coast to coast so its no surprise he's full of brainworms

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris Jericho liked a tweet. And I don’t know how to accept that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

stab wish Eddy a happy birthday from me when he wakes up out of the birthday coma

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-72CSvJrQl/

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Chris Jericho is a shithead and a CHUD no matter how badly people don't want him to be

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
love 2 check the wrestling subforum to get the hottest gossip on where any given wrestler falls on the single, monolithic spectrum of good to bad, based on what tweets they like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1249840280418820097