Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I bought some tire sealant

and some tubeless compatible tires. In tanwalls of course.

Gonna make the move to tubeless on my Stuntman™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Shut up Meg posted:

I am guessing that the colour of these keyboards defines some physical attributes/performance characteristics and it's not that you guys are really, really fussy about making sure you colour-coordinate everything?

That's what I thought too but the company, Cherry, names all of their switches different colors and it's to represent the amount of force needed to press on them and the sound they make.

Unless :thejoke:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Coredump posted:

Pain in the rear end to install when you're starting out, but very much worth it in the long run.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Coffee And Pie posted:

Decided if I can't upgrade my computer I'll upgrade individual pieces, starting with the keyboard/mouse, then the chair, then the monitor, so I picked up one of these to see what kind of switches I want out of a mechanical keyboard:

No Model F buckling spring tester?

cosmin posted:

So what’s the cheapest grinder (manual or electric) you’d recommend for my Aeropress?

About ten years ago I bought a Bodum burr grinder at a garage sale, and after ten plus years of daily use it’s just as good as the day I got it

This thing! Probably not super helpful since it’s not made anymore, but it’s been very good to me.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

A lot of wrong answers in here so in an attempt to help Coffee And Pie avoid wasting anymore money.. the correct choice is Topre.

Specifically, Topre silenced 45g or 55g, depending on your preference

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

TotalLossBrain posted:

Pain in the rear end to install when you're starting out, but very much worth it in the long run.

Ooooo, thanks for the heads up. I'm still pretty new to doing my own bike maintenance. I have a really good shop near me owned by a husband and wife that I like to support.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
broke: buying the new, big-budget console remake of one of the highest regarded FF games
woke: buying a bad port emulated on a dead handheld of the neglected, best FF game

Also I've got cherry reds in one keyboard and a mix of reds and browns in my other keyboard. Reds are the best. It's like typing on a cloud.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I have cherry mx speeds I don't like on my mkb.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Thanks for reminding me I need to replace this lovely I Can't Believe It's not Mechanical membrane keyboard. Any good switch tester that don't cost as much as an actual keyboard?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Shut up Meg posted:

... it's not that you guys are really, really fussy about making sure you colour-coordinate everything?

To be honest, this is also true. FWIW I actually like browns more than clears for doing a lot of typing (although clickier is more fun I don't really have anywhere remote enough to work, alas), but I'm also going to try some silent forests and zilents for my tiny hot swappable board. And eventually get some better keycaps for it...

For more relevant content, I've been doing a lot of generative art for the last few months, and finally caved and got this for quarantine after a few nights watching plotter timelapses on Twitter (my DIY, much shittier vertical plotter is stuck in my makerspace in another state for the foreseeable future, RIP):

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm just typing at home so I'm cool with loud and clicky. If anyone can recommend a mechanical keyboard that's a) wireless b) white c) inexpensive, I would appreciate that. I like the look of the Leopold but it's a little outside my price range.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I used to have Cherry Blues and they were so loud my friends got annoyed whenever I was using voice chat, even with push to talk.

Now I run a Clears with o rings installed ands way quieter but just as nice feeling to type on.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

A lot of wrong answers in here so in an attempt to help Coffee And Pie avoid wasting anymore money.. the correct choice is Topre.

Specifically, Topre silenced 45g or 55g, depending on your preference

Browns or fight me

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

OniPanda posted:

Browns or fight me

Congratulations on having the most non-committal switch

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What have I done

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Phthisis posted:

broke: buying the new, big-budget console remake of one of the highest regarded FF games
woke: buying a bad port emulated on a dead handheld of the neglected, best FF game

Also I've got cherry reds in one keyboard and a mix of reds and browns in my other keyboard. Reds are the best. It's like typing on a cloud.

Sometimes i get FOMO about my reds but I doubt people are going to like the noise on browns or blues

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Coredump posted:

What width are those tires? I'm running the 2.1 teravail sparwoods and love them.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm just typing at home so I'm cool with loud and clicky. If anyone can recommend a mechanical keyboard that's a) wireless b) white c) inexpensive, I would appreciate that. I like the look of the Leopold but it's a little outside my price range.

Ignore the posers and their bickering over the rainbow, this is the correct answer for a wireless (Bluetooth), white, mechanical keyboard :q:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153895875709
+
https://learn.adafruit.com/convert-your-model-m-keyboard-to-bluetooth-with-bluefruit-ez-key-hid

(*Some assembly required)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Phthisis posted:

Man I had a PSP when they first came out and I cannot remember a single game that I played on it, nor can I remember what the hell I did with the thing. Probably traded to gamestop I’m sure, but it’s like a dark void in my mind right now.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

OSU_Matthew posted:

Ignore the posers and their bickering over the rainbow, this is the correct answer for a wireless (Bluetooth), white, mechanical keyboard :q:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153895875709
+
https://learn.adafruit.com/convert-your-model-m-keyboard-to-bluetooth-with-bluefruit-ez-key-hid

(*Some assembly required)

This is cool as poo poo. I remember when stores were still open I found an ancient new-old keyboard still in the box, I tore that poo poo open so excited only to find the squishiest nothing keys of all time

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

So here's an insane question!

Suppose I know someone that loves Euro / American Truck Simulator and I want to surprise them with a controller setup that isn't strictly keyboard. Like I don't want to give this gift and say SURPRISE! ALSO YOU NEED TO BUY TWO MORE MONITORS AND A NEW DESK. Just something that might make the game more fun for them than arrow keys and such.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

You can get a used Freightliner Cascadia TASC with just under a million miles for about $18k.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

What width are those tires? I'm running the 2.1 teravail sparwoods and love them.

700 x 50c. I’m not sure what that translate to in inches.

Pastry of the Year posted:

So here's an insane question!

Suppose I know someone that loves Euro / American Truck Simulator and I want to surprise them with a controller setup that isn't strictly keyboard. Like I don't want to give this gift and say SURPRISE! ALSO YOU NEED TO BUY TWO MORE MONITORS AND A NEW DESK. Just something that might make the game more fun for them than arrow keys and such.

Played a lot of racing games over the years. The progression is KB > controller > steering wheel and pedals. And unless you’re ready to drop $400 on a Logitech G29 which is at the bottom of cheap curve but still good then I would recommend either an Xbox one or PS4 controller and accompanying dongle to pair with PC. He’ll get a lot of mileage out of the game pad and it’ll come in handy for other games on pc as well.

Coredump has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Apr 14, 2020

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You definitely don't need a $400 G29 to have fun with a driving game. I still use my old as gently caress DFP (was like $125 brand new about 15 years ago) for Gran Turismo. Now if you want to get competitive on iRacing or something like that yeah, you probably need a better setup. For casual gaming though the big thing is a stable, comfortable configuration. Desk chairs with wheels are bad, pedals that slide easily on the floor are bad. I don't know what the modern equivalent to my DFP would be but I'm sure there's something halfway decent out there around the same price point or cheaper. Controller is definitely better than keyboard, but a budget force feedback wheel with good reviews will be light years better than a controller.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Coredump posted:

700 x 50c. I’m not sure what that translate to in inches.

1.9 inches. Bike tires are full of dumb standards but for width "c" just means millimeters. After 50c they just go by inches.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Inspector 34 posted:

You definitely don't need a $400 G29 to have fun with a driving game. I still use my old as gently caress DFP (was like $125 brand new about 15 years ago) for Gran Turismo. Now if you want to get competitive on iRacing or something like that yeah, you probably need a better setup. For casual gaming though the big thing is a stable, comfortable configuration. Desk chairs with wheels are bad, pedals that slide easily on the floor are bad. I don't know what the modern equivalent to my DFP would be but I'm sure there's something halfway decent out there around the same price point or cheaper. Controller is definitely better than keyboard, but a budget force feedback wheel with good reviews will be light years better than a controller.

I want to make a full race set up, but haven't committed to it yet....

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Updating my PC from 2014 so I can use it for editing again instead of my macbook. Should be a huge upgrade and great for gaming too.

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X

OLOy 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

looking for a good 27+ inch 144hz monitor, considering the AOC C32G1 32" Curved

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Apr 15, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The MSI Tomahawk Max is the better mobo. The Ryzen 3600 also has basically identical performance.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Motherboard and ram was a great combo deal and the cpu had a discount to make it the same cost anyways. Again, coming from mid tier 2014 specs this is a hilariously big jump.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah Ryzen systems are really good bang for buck. I have a 2nd gen Ryzen 2600 and no plans to upgrade.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Man this quarantine is leading to some serious retail therapy. I’ve been focusing on my hobbies which include drinking and drawing so I got some stuff.

Beer

Beer!

Drawing stuff! Love that green cover.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rolo posted:

Beer

Beer!

Good choices!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jai Alai is the best Florida beer by a large margin. Especially ice cold in 105 heat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
$70 prime rib marked down to $25. I am one person but I figure I can have au jus for a while.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm one person and I would have bought two of them. Prime rib rules. You're lucky.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bottom Liner posted:

Jai Alai is the best Florida beer by a large margin. Especially ice cold in 105 heat.

My first Jai Alai ever was in Miami with a fried egg cheeseburger.

I drink it to relive that perfect moment.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pick posted:

$70 prime rib marked down to $25. I am one person but I figure I can have au jus for a while.

A couple days after Valentines Day I found marked-down tomahawk ribeyes for about $12 each. Good job on your find!

Content: I bought a rib roast just before Easter for $5.99/lb (about $27 total). It's sitting in my fridge dry aging, then I'll cook it up for Independence Day. Hopefully by then I can have guests over to share it.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I was seriously considering buying some Jai Alai for the first time while on a rare shopping trip the other day but didn't end up pulling the trigger... Maybe next time, then!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Cigar City’s “Maduro” brown ale is also a solid choiceif that’s more your speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
One of these fancy VR doodads (Rift S)

Pretty high demand, happened to refresh their website at the right time. Picked up a few titles on sale on Steam while I wait for it to arrive.

Only registered members can see post attachments!