Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

LeeMajors posted:

Got strong SS Nazi Sneering at Untermensch vibes here

I think Kushner deserves to be guillotined in Central Park, but maybe don't compared the jewish guy to a Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

fool of sound posted:

I posted it mostly cause I wanted to change the thread title.

Wait what was the context of the ‘going to go boom’ quote? I can’t find it and like hell i’m watching his presser.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Unoriginal Name posted:

I think Kushner deserves to be guillotined in Central Park, but maybe don't compared the jewish guy to a Nazi

There were a number of Jews that worked with the Nazis in Germany.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Unoriginal Name posted:

No that would be Steven Miller.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Unoriginal Name posted:

Fair enough, but I always forget because he, you know, works for loving Nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Unoriginal Name posted:

i mean sorta but also

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Comstar posted:

What exactly happened here? It was confusing to try and follow.

The WIGOP made the gamble that pushing ahead with the pandemic election would crush turnout in Milwaukee and Madison and let the chud counties steal a supreme court seat

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wisconsine GOP ghoul was retiring from the bench or some poo poo and 2 other court elections were up. the dem govanor wanted to cancel elections because plague but the various GOP ghouls and Ghouls in the USSC forced it to be open because they assumed that it would be a easy win as did trump they got smashed instead.

Yeah the GOP figured that due to the virus the cities wouldn't turn out while the rural voters would, leading to easy wins for several judgeships that they were in danger of losing. It made sense because left-leaning voters are more likely to follow suggestions to distance themselves, chuds think it is a bunch of fake news bullshit, and the cities couldn't get enough poll volunteers to open anything close to a normal number of polling locations.

They were very wrong and their judges ended up getting wrecked at the polls.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean sorta but also

The Boys From Brazil is real only it turns out they cloned Goebbels instead of Hitler.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ewiley posted:

Wait what was the context of the ‘going to go boom’ quote? I can’t find it and like hell i’m watching his presser.

He was trying to say "the economy will boom once I tell all the states to stop treating the plague like something to be taken seriously"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

mnuchin isn't even a bond villain, he's like a villain's hangers-on who gets fed to tigers to show that the actual villain means business

I specifically used that because of the time he was compared to one after that photo of him and his wife posing with newly minted dollar bills with his name on it, and he took it as a compliment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angry_Ed posted:

The Boys From Brazil is real only it turns out they cloned Goebbels instead of Hitler.

i just watched downfall with my friend the other night and its loving uncanny how "spiritually" it matches the horror show right now. fascist fucks never change. they are all weird pathetic cowards who basicaly denie reality as long as possible and than take as many with them before they loving top themselves. tomorrow will be an even bigger circus.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 14, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/ninthhostage/status/1249818049823354887?s=20

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Lord of the Lies.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Sir Lemming posted:

Last night I watched the Star Trek TNG episode "Half a Life", where this guy is trying to re-ignite a dying sun to save his planet, and his first experiment fails. He thinks he might be able to get it right with a little more time, but he is also a few days away from turning 60, and everyone in his species does ritual suicide the day they turn 60. He briefly considers defying them to finish his work, but they make it perfectly clear that even if he figures out a way to save the planet, they'll reject it out of spite. So he gives up and goes off to die, saying he isn't the one to lead this revolution.

That's Bernie now.

As an avid TNG fan it depresses me how apt this comparison is. :smith:

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the book title, but someone needs to photoshop a boxing glove coming right at Jared's head with a reaction look like that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My state already initiated confederacy once and this doesn't bode well.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I'm in Pittsburgh. At dawn we march west for glory! :black101:

Seriously though is this as big of a deal as people are making it out to be?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the book title, but someone needs to photoshop a boxing glove coming right at Jared's head with a reaction look like that.

Went a different direction.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Apparently Massachusetts joined the 6-state-council so now it's a 7-state-council.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

cr0y posted:

Once the states have been running autonomously of the feds for months or years until this is over, it’s going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Angry_Ed posted:

Apparently Massachusetts joined the 6-state-council so now it's a 7-state-council.

Gotta stop at the 8 state council so it still rolls off the tongue.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Maybe we can get the Interstate Compact out of this too.

Does this mean that Alexandr Dugin, the crazy russian geopolitics wonk guy was right?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Great Lakes Alliance when?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

cr0y posted:

Nah. It's sad that it came to this, but it's regions dealing with a crisis that the federal government is failing to, not a real federation. And Gavin likes his press and he's happy to fluff himself up for his future run for president. It's just entertaining that it has similarities to dystopian future fiction.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Man that Russian balkanization of the US map is looking a bit less funny haha and more funny ahhhh

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Edmund Lava posted:

Once the states have been running autonomously of the feds for months or years until this is over, it’s going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

It looks like the Northeastern Alliance is pretty much revenue neutral from the federal government when you consider them all together. Not really getting much from the federal government anyway... Hmm.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Also if someone in 2016 asked "what's the worst that can happen with Trump running the country" and you replied "six figures dead, mass graves, and the dissolution of the union" I would imagine you would get some funny looks and yet here we are

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

cr0y posted:

Probably not, it's only a few months until a historically unpopular incumbent president runs face first into a 10% unemployment buzzsaw in November. If the economic indicators are as bad as they look Trump has like single digit chances to stay in office. I know people will leap at the opportunity to say actually electoralism is dead or Biden is a walking corpse but if we're facing the worst unemployment since 1930 I don't think any incumbent could reasonably win.

I know the scale of large numbers is tough to get your head around but they just passed a stimulus package worth double the stimulus in 2008 in real terms. And employment is still in free fall. Six million people lost their jobs just last week. 29% of renters failed to make rent in the first three days of April. The economy is taking a world-historic poo poo. A lot of people hurting bad by November isn't something to celebrate but it makes Trump's re-election very hard to fit into a realistic narrative.

There were electoral models that got the first wave of UI claims two weeks ago and started predicting Trump would get -440 electoral votes.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 14, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Guze posted:

Great Lakes Alliance when?

gently caress it I'm not alligning with those Illinois bastards.

Except the handsome baseball men on the north side of Chicago. But gently caress the rest.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump is 1. a coward that backs down the second someone pushes back and 2. a restless child that cannot focus on anything for more than a day or two.

The second he demands these state alliances to reopen, they will flip him off. He may grouse about it in a handful of tweets, but he’ll switch gears to the media or Infrastructure Week #87.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jesus Christ every time I actually click a twitter link I'm immediately blinded by all the nuclear-grade takes lower down in the feed. No dude I don't want to hear about your headmates or your opinions on eugenics I'm just here to look at this map I clicked. Yikes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Except the handsome baseball men on the north side of Chicago. But gently caress the rest.

You can join Canada instead, I say, with the widest grin on my face.

The Ohio valley question and whether the great lakes zone/area should be a part of canada or the US if I recall correctly was a major sticking point for the 13 colonies prior to the American Rebellion.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I am really curious about how it plays out if he throws a temper tantrum and tells them to open.

In the glorious state of West Virginia, the governor's office directly put out a statement that they won't even think about re-opening anything until we have 14 days of declining infections so people shouldn't get their hopes up. Even some of the Chudier governors can tell which way the wind's blowing on this one, or maybe they have a little conscience.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

gently caress the cubs

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Guze posted:

gently caress the cubs

Come at me, bro. Do you even lift?

Also go Packers. I'm not a loving heathen.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

1/5 of the quorum, not 1/5 of all members. Republicans could have formed a quorum on their own, or with so few Dems around that they didn't constitute 1/5 of the quorum. Indifference or disorganization are likely in that scenario.
You're retreating into fiction now.

Republicans don't need to hold a midnight session without any Democrats to kill the post office by voice vote, they make no bones about hating it and put their names to attacking it all the time. That kind of trick would just draw more attention to what they were doing, not less (it was huge news when state level Republicans did that in North Carolina while Democrats were at a 9/11 service)

Even if that happened (which again you are making up with zero proof), Senate Democrats passed it afterwards by unanimous consent!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Come at me, bro. Do you even lift?

Also go Packers. I'm not a loving heathen.

still cheer for a FIB team

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

nine-gear crow posted:

Have you met the Wisconsin Republican party by chance?

Have you met any Republican party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SocketWrench posted:

Have you met any Republican party

The only difference is that some members/factions of the party aren't so open about trying to gently caress you sideways.