Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pretty bored here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:
So bored it’s driving me to post on a site that I only remember from reading threads about pink paper at a child.

:iiam:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Earwicker posted:

im aware that the president cannot of course veto a bill that has already been signed into law

couldn't the president make an order that says "anyone who violates law X is automatically pardoned" and nullify it by the back door?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Anyone else really bored by covid 19?

As bored as the nothingburger people in a hurricane thread. My favorite post in one thread was a guy going "awww its just a cat 4 now? Is a cat 4 even dangerous?"

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Rutibex posted:

couldn't the president make an order that says "anyone who violates law X is automatically pardoned" and nullify it by the back door?

Not for state crimes.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

It's normal to go numb after awhile, it doesn't make it go away or less dangerous.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

As bored as the nothingburger people in a hurricane thread. My favorite post in one thread was a guy going "awww its just a cat 4 now? Is a cat 4 even dangerous?"

I've been waiting for this hurricane to hit for 2 months now. I'm ready for the power to go out already. This is the worst hurricane!

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

QuarkJets posted:

We made lemon bars. The secret to extra lemony lemon bars is cream of tartar

I don't remember the last time I had lemon bars those would be fantastic, definitely going to use this time to get lot's of baking done. Sadly everyone else has had the same idea and it was a miracle I got any flower.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

pop punk posted:

So bored it’s driving me to post on a site that I only remember from reading threads about pink paper at a child.

why is this virus pink

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pop punk posted:

The pink poster thread was what I was linked to as my first introduction to SA so it definitely brings back memories. :3: (Took me a few extra years to join because 13/14 year old me didn't have a credit card.)

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Honestly now, how much worse can things get?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Pindakaas posted:

Honestly now, how much worse can things get?

The monkeys paw closes

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

We're running at .5 9/11s per day in the US alone.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Rutibex posted:

Not only can he not pardon state crimes, as already mentioned, but one of the few restrictions on pardon power is that future actions can't be pardoned; only offenses that have already been committed.

So if this were something he could pardon, he couldn't pardon people for breaking quarantine right now; but nothing would stop him from making the promise, then signing the pardon just before the Secret Service drags him out of the White House at 11:59 AM on January 20th.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

biznatchio posted:

Not only can he not pardon state crimes, as already mentioned, but one of the few restrictions on pardon power is that future actions can't be pardoned; only offenses that have already been committed.

oh great so he's going to have to pardon blagojevich and scooter libby et al all over again next year after they get through with whatever theyre doing for him now

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

We're running at .5 9/11s per day in the US alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcZ6eJoxeE

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Spinz posted:

Man this is so scary
You are BRAVE
when this is all over lets make a thread together you and I
I'd love to illustrate or smth

not brave, just...gettin by. Well, my superpower in times like these is super depression -- I joke, but the kernel of truth to that is that I'm not prone to anxiety. In fact, my psychiatrist had us schedule another appointment a month out because she thought my relatively blase attitude about having contracted a killer virus was likely a sign that my meds needed to be adjusted lol. Of course I'm a bit anxious, but probably better me get this poo poo than somebody with GAD or something.

You draw? Maybe we should throw together a little game or something (I am a game developer by trade.) Plague adventures, the kids'll love it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Nah, is getting end of the world like in my part of the world.

For example, we have this drugstores with free medical service. The doctore from that store died. He was infected by a clerk from the drugstore who is now in a hospital. The doctor had taken 63 patients before taking a quarantine. The drugstore closed down and all the other probably sick employees were relocated to random stores...because money, gently caress people.

Hooray.

Just search Farmacias del Ahorro in Tabasco for any curious Mexigoon.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Wafflecopper posted:

voicing some character in some videogame doesn't make you a celebrity

Buddy I bet you he is barrel rolling in his grave right now

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

goethe.cx posted:

This isn’t true, at least not everywhere. NYC has seen a drop in the hospitalization rate, and while the deaths haven’t dropped off, they’ve plateaued somewhat. The lockdowns are absolutely having an effect

The hospitalization rate dropped because they started turning away all but the most extremely sick and the deaths plateaued because those people are dying at home, hundreds or possibly thousands of which haven't been counted.

I'm not going to say the lockdown is having zero effect but it isn't solely responsible for the trash numbers being put out.

I'm in a southern state and one of my friends is extremely ill but she can't get tested because she doesn't have a fever. She has everything except a fever and looks like she is about to die but they keep telling her as long as she isn't having extreme difficulty breathing not to go to the hospital and won't approve a test until she has a fever. 5-6 people who have come into contact with her directly/indirectly are now showing a variety of mild symptoms but none of us can get tested either because we "Didn't come in contact with someone who is confirmed to have Covid19" because she can't get tested. Another friend's family member is a nurse who has worked at a Covid-19 hospital since the outbreak started and even she can't get tested.

Oh and we are all violating our local shelter in place ordinances to do non-essential work at our business operating under a loophole which nobody regulates or cares about (we are classified as an essential industry but we are doing pointless, non-essential busywork.) This has probably spread it to a dozen people or more. None of which can get tested because the original carrier doesn't have a fever. So our local lockdown isn't exactly the sole reason why our local hospital is seeing a drop in it's numbers, people just literally can't get added to them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xibanya posted:

Plague diary, day 9. Indeed a bit of a regression today. Not gonna bother retyping it,

https://twitter.com/manuelaxibanya/status/1249745180258861065?s=21

https://twitter.com/manuelaxibanya/status/1249747409296666626?s=21

The worst of this was between 8am and 12pm. And I was indeed like, caving my chest in involuntarily to breathe. It was about as bad as last Tuesday night. I called the respiratory urgent care clinic and spoke to another nurse there. She didn’t seem very sympathetic, she asked if I had a fever, I did not, asked if I was coughing a lot, I was not. She looked me up and saw that I’d spoken to her colleague yesterday, so she put me on hold for 10 mins, then picked up again to say since I could still talk, I was probably worked up over nothing and to call again in the evening if I was still having trouble breathing. She hung up before I could say goodbye. I feel like under ordinary circumstances whatever I was dealing with might be cause for concern, but, as we know, these are not ordinary circumstances. I think there’s a pretty good chance that they’re completely swamped out there. :smith:

That was probably the last excitement of the day. I’ve been chilling out drinking tea and loving around on the Internet since. My lips and chin are still kinda numb, my chest still hurts, but I’m alive and breathing n poo poo, and I can still talk, so I guess I can’t complain. Haven’t coughed since around noon, no fever, so uh, probably a good sign!

Good lord.

Get better soon.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I will pray for your boobs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
One time I fell asleep awkwardly on a bus and when I woke up rightie gone gone completely numb and and I had to quickly grope myself to make sure everything was okay, which got some odd looks from the other passengers. It was pretty embarrassing. I felt a right tit.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Xibanya posted:

Plague diary, day 9. Indeed a bit of a regression today. Not gonna bother retyping it,

The worst of this was between 8am and 12pm. And I was indeed like, caving my chest in involuntarily to breathe. It was about as bad as last Tuesday night. I called the respiratory urgent care clinic and spoke to another nurse there. She didn’t seem very sympathetic, she asked if I had a fever, I did not, asked if I was coughing a lot, I was not. She looked me up and saw that I’d spoken to her colleague yesterday, so she put me on hold for 10 mins, then picked up again to say since I could still talk, I was probably worked up over nothing and to call again in the evening if I was still having trouble breathing. She hung up before I could say goodbye. I feel like under ordinary circumstances whatever I was dealing with might be cause for concern, but, as we know, these are not ordinary circumstances. I think there’s a pretty good chance that they’re completely swamped out there. :smith:

That was probably the last excitement of the day. I’ve been chilling out drinking tea and loving around on the Internet since. My lips and chin are still kinda numb, my chest still hurts, but I’m alive and breathing n poo poo, and I can still talk, so I guess I can’t complain. Haven’t coughed since around noon, no fever, so uh, probably a good sign!

Go to the loving hospital.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

hellotoothpaste posted:

Go to the loving hospital. Not being coy, county isn't run over yet and you are obviously showing symptoms don't want anymore forum updates go to the hospital.

Quote != edit whatever ffs already

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Seriously Xibanya stop typing about struggling to breath and numb tits and go to a hospital before you can’t breath at all

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Xibanya posted:

HEY! Being intubated sucks poo poo and that’s where you’re heading at this rate! Go to the loving hospital.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

ARC Covid Hotline, search for and call it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its gonna suck when its my turn to wonder if my symptoms are gonna stop at some point before my lungs are too poor to survive a 2nd or 3rd round or if round 1 is gonna kill me off anyway

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
http://shanghaiist.com/2020/04/13/even-mcdonalds-is-now-turning-away-black-customers-in-guangzhou/

After a massive crackdown of Africans in Guangzhou saw people evicted from their apartments and hotel rooms even after they’ve tested negative for Covid-19 or completed 14-day isolation periods, many continue to be caught in a state of limbo, wandering the streets with their personal belongings, sleeping rough at night, and waiting to hear from the consulates of their respective countries.

Apart from having to experience the humiliation of getting unceremoniously thrown out of accommodation that they paid for, they have also had to suffer the indignity of getting turned away from restaurants, convenience stores and other retail shops.

With nowhere to go and nothing to eat, many have had to rely on other members of the foreign community and kind-hearted locals to stay nourished and warm at night.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

friendly 2 da void posted:

"Reopen the economy" doesn't mean anything. It is a child's oversimplification of a complex subject.

It's baby talk for babies.

yes but (and im as left as it goes) it means i get my job back

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

right now i am making $0 and i am losing $258 each day due to bills

so idk reopen the loving economy so the stupid private equity idiots who own my company can go back to sleep and stop laying people off

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

unless we start rioting in the streets, i do not get my money back from these private equity firms

its my money

they stole 30k from me (all considered)

i only have a choice between "gently caress you, got mine" and "gently caress you"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

but we'll just accept it, won't we

for company and country

even though it means ill starve

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

for the greater good

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*spits*

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

GolfHole posted:

i only have a choice between "gently caress you, got mine" and "gently caress you"

You forgot "gently caress you, and die (of covid)."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

yeah

mods please ban corona chat

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Remember how there was a toilet paper hoarding frenzy in Australia a few weeks ago, and when all the toilet paper ran out people also started hoarding wet wipes, kitchen paper towels and other stuff that shouldn't be flushed down toilets? And how some people were insisting that wasn't going to be a problem because people weren't stupid enough to flush that stuff down their toilets in quantities that would block sewer pipes?

It turns out they were even stupider than that

Plumbers in demand as Victorians use wet wipes, bed sheets as toilet paper substitute

quote:

Don Arscott, who has run Melbourne 24 Hour Plumbing for two decades, said he performed more than double the usual number of drain blockage jobs in the period when toilet paper was scarcely available.

“"I had one family cutting up bed sheets to wipe their bums,” Mr Arscott said.

“A lot of these wipes that people use just don’t go down properly - people shouldn’t use them.”

This week, a mammoth 42-tonne fatberg was found in a Melbourne drain. The collection of wet wipes, rags, paper towels and other foreign material, mixed with fats, oils and grease, was found in a sewer in Wallan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
42 tonnes! :eyepop: :australia: