Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

mods please change my name to mammoth 42-tonne fatberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GolfHole posted:

right now i am making $0 and i am losing $258 each day due to bills

so idk reopen the loving economy so the stupid private equity idiots who own my company can go back to sleep and stop laying people off
read wiki of THE SHOCK DOCTRINE and also understand that your president is too dumb to read and you can understand what is about to happen your your country

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's kind of crazy that the hoarding has sort of died down at least where I am, and grocery stores are about 75% back to normal but I still haven't seen a roll of toilet paper or paper towel in a store in about 6 weeks. It's like this endless cycle of people grabbing every butt wipe they see in a store even though there is no actual shortage. just millions of morons sitting on a years worth of TP leaving other morons to wipe their rear end with actual towels they try to flush down a toilet.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

GolfHole posted:

unless we start rioting in the streets, i do not get my money back from these private equity firms

its my money

they stole 30k from me (all considered)

i only have a choice between "gently caress you, got mine" and "gently caress you"
im glad there are at least some happy stories coming out of all of this

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hold your breath

its gonna get wild

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

hold your breath

Good luck with that

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Baller Time posted:

Good luck with that
for the first time i saw one old person afraid for their life at the bank

it wasnt a pleasant experience and i wish i had handled it better when i saw him but unfortunately right now im seeing all the dipships as well

its really tough right now but im going to reach out to this one old man and make sure its all going OK for him

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I thought aussies were smarter than us by a margin what the gently caress

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you arnt familiar canadians are going to eventually rule the planet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

HA HA HA HA gently caress no

We also have Trump stans in Australia who get real angry on social media if anyone badmouths him

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011
This has turned in to quite a thread.

Kharohz
Jul 25, 2007

THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE
Lol if you don't have a septic tank :smuggo:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

australia is just mini america fyi

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We've also had a bunch of politicians in Australia banging on about how we're "getting ahead of the virus" and how the daily increase in detected infections has dropped from about 20% a few weeks ago down to less than 2% in recent days which means that we're flattening the curve (some say we've already flattened it) and are now debating how quickly we can open things up again
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-12/coronavirus-curve-flattens-but-new-questions-worry-australians/12140962

The trouble is they've had severe restrictions on testing so far (concentrating mostly on returned travelers and people who have had contact with returned travelers and are showing symptoms) and the great majority of the population didn't have access to tests even if they had symptoms so they had no idea how far community transmissions had spread and no idea what the actual numbers out there might be, but they're starting to loosen up the restrictions and allow anyone showing symptoms to get tested so we're inevitably going to get a huge upswing in detected infections real soon.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Trumps about to execute order 66 isnt he

more like order 69

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Wafflecopper posted:

australia is just mini america fyi

pretty much, thanks murdoch

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

QuarkJets posted:

Don't sign your username

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blitter posted:

If it becomes endemic you are absolutely hosed, unless some kinda near miracle poo poo happens with vaccine development etc.

I know that idiot “technocrats” have poisoned the well with respect to the idea that science will solve any catastrophe we face (notably climate change), but vaccine development isn’t a miracle.

We will have vaccines before the ball drop closes 2021. It will be the longest year since 46 B.C., but we will get through it.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 14, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I made baguettes last night. surprisingly easy!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GolfHole posted:

right now i am making $0 and i am losing $258 each day due to bills

so idk reopen the loving economy so the stupid private equity idiots who own my company can go back to sleep and stop laying people off

Your bills add up to over $94,000 a year?

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

Latrell Sprewell is a goon.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I assume that's company bills as he is talking about his company.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

He doesn’t own a company he says so right in the post

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

That's just for the candles

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bet he’s spending it all on candles

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

God drat it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we need to send everyone back to work so that guy can stop crying its so sad

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

gay picnic defence posted:

more like order 69

More like order execute anyone over 69.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe he’s a candle salesman that works on commission and he’s already paid for all sorts of candle advertising spots that he can’t get a refund on.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

gently caress you Mercury Insurance, every other big name carrier did something for their customers except you. I'm gonna use the stimulus payment to pay off the rest of my insurance and then I'm going to change carriers next year.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I switched from Geico to Progressive 2 weeks ago and tbh I don’t even care if progressive gives me any kind of refund because they’re half the price of Geico because Geico sucks poo poo if you have more than one car.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Just gonna put it out there that bird with big dick's posting is really helping me through these dark times

Namaste

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I switched from Geico to Progressive 2 weeks ago and tbh I don’t even care if progressive gives me any kind of refund because they’re half the price of Geico because Geico sucks poo poo if you have more than one car.

WelCUM 2 tha Progressive Movement.
We've been expecting U

Well not really that just sounds cool and I've been with them for years now and they always gave me real good rates comparatively but also I'm easy to insure since I have safe-rear end cars and the only ticket I've ever had in my life for anything was because I had expired tags once like a decade ago :/
Anyway good luck with paying someone for not blowing up your car and dying in it or killing others w/it. Thank you for reading.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/jeremyphoward/status/1250041118135287809

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

lol if you arnt familiar canadians are going to eventually rule the planet

i just got $4000 trudeau bux today, and more is on the way. it's way more than i made at my lovely part time hotel job, but the government decided it was more important people get money fast rather than worry about creating "moral hazards" or ensuring people qualify with some arcane rules :canada:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

By God, he's right! Pandemics DO cause more fatalities!

Has anyone been looking into this or noticed this?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Anyone got this for the US? I've seen some similar ones from NY but I'd like to see a year over year all cause mortality for the whole country.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

i just got $4000 trudeau bux today, and more is on the way. it's way more than i made at my lovely part time hotel job, but the government decided it was more important people get money fast rather than worry about creating "moral hazards" or ensuring people qualify with some arcane rules :canada:

Why did you get 4k? Thought it was only 2k. My GF also recieved 4k and has been trying to figure out how to give half of it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

A White Guy posted:

gently caress you Mercury Insurance, every other big name carrier did something for their customers except you. I'm gonna use the stimulus payment to pay off the rest of my insurance and then I'm going to change carriers next year.

You can just change whenever and get a refund of any unused premium form your current carrier.