Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

Incidentally, the log lady was played by Catherine E. Coulson. So he was married to Catherine at one point, albeit not the Piper Laurie version.

yeah that was the reason for my friends confusion, I got some bad intel there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Worst though is when you realize her name sounds familiar if you put Penn on the end. Which was her name when she played Jenny in Forrest Gump.

Yeah, it does sound more familiar that way, and the triple play blows my mind.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Krankenstyle posted:

Charlie & the waitress he stalks in Always Sunny are married irl

As are Mac & Dee

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nexus6 posted:

As are Mac & Dee

Oh yeah and he used to date the actress who played Dee in the pilot lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patti Smith and Patty Smith are not the same person, and I've been listening to the former for years, gently caress

I thought "well Patti Smith certainly went in a different direction in her later career, but The Warrior and Goodbye To You are some pretty good power pop tunes"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Patti Smith and Patty Smith are not the same person, and I've been listening to the former for years, gently caress

I thought "well Patti Smith certainly went in a different direction in her later career, but The Warrior and Goodbye To You are some pretty good power pop tunes"

You’ve got the Y in the wrong place. It’s Patti Smyth. I think it’s pronounced differently but that may just be because of a Hold Steady song.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Patti Smith and Patty Smith are not the same person

Henchman of Santa posted:

You’ve got the Y in the wrong place. It’s Patti Smyth.

Her name is Patty Smyth with two y's

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Veib posted:

Her name is Patty Smyth with two y's

No that’s Lynyrd Skynyrd

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

No that's 3 y's

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Krankenstyle posted:

No that's 3 y's

Labelled Y#1, Y#2, and Y#4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

No that's 3 y's

I hate that guy.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Sweevo posted:

Labelled Y#1, Y#2, and Y#4

Y #3 is what you yell out whenever someone demands Freebird.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That one of the corrupt rich guys in the restaurant scene in ‘Training Day’ was also the corrupt cop in ‘Scarface’. Harris Yulin.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The voice actor for Megatron Griffin in the hit kids' show Family Guy used to be Lacey Chabert of Hallmark Channel fame.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Family Guy is still on TV?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Family Guy is still on TV?

Whenever I turn on the TV it's either an air crash investigation show or Family Guy. Unless they're doing a JAMES BOND FILMS EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK thing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The voice actor for Megatron Griffin in the hit kids' show Family Guy used to be Lacey Chabert of Hallmark Channel fame.

Well now I'm giggling in my conference call at the idea of Megatron Griffin.

That weird helmet thing on Megatron's head is now Meg's purple hat.

Someone good at photoshop, please help.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well now I'm giggling in my conference call at the idea of Megatron Griffin.

That weird helmet thing on Megatron's head is now Meg's purple hat.

Someone good at photoshop, please help.

No you see her full name is Megatron. It's canon.

e: lol tho

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No you see her full name is Megatron. It's cannon.

e: :v:

e: :commissar:

root beer has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Apr 14, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Turns out the movie North does not contain the plot of Searching for Bobby Fisher.

I need a doctor because I can't brain too good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Pickle Rick" from Rick and Morty is Rick. It's not some new character.

(I don't watch the show)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mister Facetious posted:

"Pickle Rick" from Rick and Morty is Rick. It's not some new character.

(I don't watch the show)

Yeah, he turns himself into a pickle.

Funniest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Warren Ellis, acclaimed comic book writer, and Warren Ellis, musician/composer who played with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, are two distinct people.

One of them linked from their blog to my website ages ago and crashed the site with all the traffic (this was in like 2004 when big bandwidth wasn't cheap as chips for a poor, no-name musician like me). Now I don't have a clue which one it was, and feel like an idiot for trumpeting this story to comic nerds and music fans alike.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Warren Ellis, acclaimed comic book writer, and Warren Ellis, musician/composer who played with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, are two distinct people.

One of them linked from their blog to my website ages ago and crashed the site with all the traffic (this was in like 2004 when big bandwidth wasn't cheap as chips for a poor, no-name musician like me). Now I don't have a clue which one it was, and feel like an idiot for trumpeting this story to comic nerds and music fans alike.

lmao thats fantastic

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's the opposite of my story about finding out the guy from MCR is also the guy who wrote Umbrella Academy. Might be more than one Gerard Way out there but I sure wouldn't know it :v:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That's the opposite of my story about finding out the guy from MCR is also the guy who wrote Umbrella Academy. Might be more than one Gerard Way out there but I sure wouldn't know it :v:

I also just figured this out when I read your post.

It does sort of explain the general esthetic of Umbrella Academy I guess, though I’ve only seen the show.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao thats fantastic

Update: I did some deep digging in my emails on old hard drives, 'cause I'm furloughed and have nothing better to do. Based on an email from ten years ago, I'm pretty sure it's the comics author Ellis. I have mad respect for both of them, but goddamn do I feel awkward not knowing they weren't the same dude. I just thought he was he some sort of polymath that wrote Transmetropolitan and also hung out with Nick Cave on his off time. :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

The late crime novelist Jim Thompson is not the same person as the late crime novelist Jim Thompson. The former died when the latter was thirteen years old.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The late crime novelist Jim Thompson is not the same person as the late crime novelist Jim Thompson. The former died when the latter was thirteen years old.

drat that sounds like a promising book premise.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

What a twist!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh apparently the English-language editions of the latter's books were published under the name of James Thompson. Makes sense.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I suppose next you’ll be telling me that Dennis the Menace and Dennis the Menace have nothing to do with each other

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

I suppose next you’ll be telling me that Dennis the Menace and Dennis the Menace have nothing to do with each other

Dennis the Menace is Dennis the Menace's dad.

e: On topic: Renata Bliss is not my freestyle dance instructor :(

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Apr 27, 2020

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Had a bit of a trip, today.

My wife and I were watching this glurge on Disney+

I noticed, out loud, that the editing of this movie is fairly bizarre. Even the opening credits are a trip.

Who, I wondered, directed this movie?

Bill Paxton? From Aliens? What else did he direct?

Ok, Frailty was a pretty ok horror movie, but what's this?

He directed the music video for Fish Heads? Seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn73Wtem0No

Wow, is that him as the main guy? Let me check.

Bill Mumy? From Babylon 5 and Lost in Space?

He's one of Barnes and Barnes?! How did I not already know this?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

He's one of Barnes and Barnes?! How did I not already know this?
Didn't Miguel Ferrer (that rear end in a top hat scientist from Robocop, among other things) play drums on that song?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hirayuki posted:

Didn't Miguel Ferrer (that rear end in a top hat scientist from Robocop, among other things) play drums on that song?

I cannot locate information to confirm or deny this. He shouldn't have hosed with Dick Jones.

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Apr 28, 2020

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hirayuki posted:

Miguel Ferrer's best non-Twin Peaks role was in the video for this Toto song, which totally rips off Philip K Dick and has Ferrer as some poor schlub who gets his memories of his hotwife harvested as jerkoff material for some CEO rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2qfmjCmCw

Great song too

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hirayuki posted:

I don't think so but he did play drums in a separate Bill Mumy musical project.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My wife lived for 36 years without knowing that you shouldn't suck up water with a regular vacuum cleaner.

We're drying it now.:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beachcomber posted:

My wife lived for 36 years without knowing that you shouldn't suck up water with a regular vacuum cleaner.

We're drying it now.:pray:

:catstare:

Honestly that's about the least eventful outcome I would've imagined, though.