Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Listening to the most recent Some More News (Ep. 96) and holy poo poo Katy is doing a real good job destroying any respect I had for her talking about politics. She's so goddamn enlightened centrist in this episode that she's claiming to know that in their heart of hearts those people responding to folks not wanting to support Biden with "DO YOU WANT TRUMP TO BE PRESIDENT" just want to be your friend and are just vewwy scawwed UwU

I wonder if their trend of having a third person on is to spare Cody from biting his lip so hard he chews it off when she gets into her 'naive lib stereotype' mode. She's been a Warren stan through all of her bullshit iirc so that was a bummer already but :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol at chapo turbulence due to Bernie Panders loss

The Virgin Texas vs the Matt Chadman

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Listening to the most recent Some More News (Ep. 96) and holy poo poo Katy is doing a real good job destroying any respect I had for her talking about politics. She's so goddamn enlightened centrist in this episode that she's claiming to know that in their heart of hearts those people responding to folks not wanting to support Biden with "DO YOU WANT TRUMP TO BE PRESIDENT" just want to be your friend and are just vewwy scawwed UwU

I wonder if their trend of having a third person on is to spare Cody from biting his lip so hard he chews it off when she gets into her 'naive lib stereotype' mode. She's been a Warren stan through all of her bullshit iirc so that was a bummer already but :psyduck:

who are you people, and what is this lib poo poo?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
people who like ad-filled podcasts with annoying personalities

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

lancemantis posted:

people who like ad-filled podcasts with annoying personalities

Yeah the ads are getting worse every week which is a bummer, but consumption under capitalism etc etc

I like Cody though :(

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol at chapo turbulence due to Bernie Panders loss

You love to see it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i hate to see it. wheres myfucking content

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine the immortan joe speech about water but it’s about left wing content

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Every left podcast will explode over different responses to Bernie ending all content forever

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Farm Frenzy posted:

i hate to see it. wheres myfucking content

sub to more podcasts

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

sub to more podcasts

in the time since i posted that they made a bernie postmortem episode and its like scrolling past 300 boring cspam posts. owned

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
all of their post mortems have been dumb because they decided to become like the political writers they once made fun of

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

all of their post mortems have been dumb because they decided to become like the political writers they once made fun of

I sure hope I'm not the only one with a grimace creeping onto my face as they argue demographics after every primary

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

iirc correctly a couple of years ago don or henry krinkle said that the reason you shouldn't put much stock in your favourite left wing podcasts is because sooner or later they will upload a special episode where they tearfully implore you to vote democrat

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
amber really bought into the whole brit individualism, lmao @ they don't buy into media
she's right that you don't try to clean up the image though

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

amber really bought into the whole brit individualism, lmao @ they don't buy into media

how anyone can believe this is a mystery, they have the worst media in the developed world and the most terrible parts of it are also the most popular

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Honest Thief posted:

She dismissed the media's role in Corbyn's defeat and she's downplaying its role with Bernie.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the fish and chips diet insulates english working class people from propaganda, they just read page 4 for the text blurb not the tits

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Yeah the chapo postmortem sucks rear end

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Lady Militant posted:

mr hughes did the luigi thing of never moving in the minigame thus winning it handily

Lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
don't know much about moderate rebels but their bernie postmortem was the type of misery i was looking to gulp down

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
yeah I’m not having too much of a problem with the chapo postmortem other than amber having two bad takes in a row

and they’re not even that bad, just kinda incorrect

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Pirate Jet posted:

yeah I’m not having too much of a problem with the chapo postmortem other than amber having two bad takes in a row

and they’re not even that bad, just kinda incorrect

That's kind of her gimmick.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trillbillies went to church and I'm here for it

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

not going to listen to the latest Chapo episode, I'm waiting for the Roger Rabbit watch along. The pod started with a movie review, and they should probably lean into that for a while

I agree with Matt's IG Q&A the other day. Who the gently caress knows where we go from here, it's out of our hands for now.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

their corbyn postmortem was pretty chock full of wishful thinking - sanders was a stronger candidate than corbyn in some ways, but the "sanders bad man" thing was pretty clearly unrelated to sanders' actual political history and style

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

their corbyn postmortem was pretty chock full of wishful thinking - sanders was a stronger candidate than corbyn in some ways, but the "sanders bad man" thing was pretty clearly unrelated to sanders' actual political history and style

lol yeah I remember that. If anything, Sanders is probably an even nicer guy than Corbyn

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

cool dance moves posted:

Yeah the chapo postmortem sucks rear end

The thing I liked least is how little imagination they have for anything outside getting back into the horse race. The next time they can "have a good candidate". gently caress off with that bullshit

And gently caress off with saying we should just shrug and accept it that Sanders capitulated to Biden for zero policy concessions. Too good, my rear end.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I want Moore to make a Farenheit 4/20 which would prob indict Obama. no way in hell he didn't had a hand in this mess and for some reason bernie didn't want no mess

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mr. Lobe posted:

The thing I liked least is how little imagination they have for anything outside getting back into the horse race. The next time they can "have a good candidate". gently caress off with that bullshit

And gently caress off with saying we should just shrug and accept it that Sanders capitulated to Biden for zero policy concessions. Too good, my rear end.

this was always going to happen and imo is the only reasonable thing to do so long as you're running in the democratic party primary. part of the premise of a contest like that is that you get behind the winner if you lose, and sanders never signalled any opposition to this in principle

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

more people ought to know about Obama's nickname of "Harvey Dent" with anecdotes

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

yeah that was a huge eyeroll. media shapes and reflects ideology in many ways but the confidence angle is something that really applies just to our tiny sliver of leftists

i hear all the smears against corbyn from all kinds of folks, only a small subset of whom are either libdem types who were just looking for something to reinforce their existing opinion or the leftists shook by the fix being in. the majority are people who believe it just because theyve heard it so many times from media outlets they think are sophisticated and will make their opinions seems informed

but if youre a leftist in the us whos interacting with uk politics via the online left i could see how your impression would mostly be informed by those two marginal subsets

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Also it's important in, let's say, shaping how voters in other countries keep up with matters, which in turn shapes those policies. I know Boris is now being embraced by the Portuguese News Media as this lovable and gratuitous figure for his NHS message, which was only aided by the UK Press apparatus being so dismissive of issues that one would see the access from those news orgs get shut down as soon any leveled criticism here, including the whole "kicking out a lot of people that would later become referred to as essential work".

COVID-19 won't certainly help with that, making reports being far more local/national and thus far, far less scrutiny involved in discussing these matters.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Kunster posted:

Also it's important in, let's say, shaping how voters in other countries keep up with matters, which in turn shapes those policies. I know Boris is now being embraced by the Portuguese News Media as this lovable and gratuitous figure for his NHS message, which was only aided by the UK Press apparatus being so dismissive of issues that one would see the access from those news orgs get shut down as soon any leveled criticism here, including the whole "kicking out a lot of people that would later become referred to as essential work".

COVID-19 won't certainly help with that, making reports being far more local/national and thus far, far less scrutiny involved in discussing these matters.

oh yeah almost all norwegian foreign coverage is based on commentators having subscriptions to the new york times, washington post and the financial times, and reading the guardian

it's pretty grave

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

One of ours is a Brendan James mutual and I wonder how that relationship goes.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool of Liz Warren to not endorse Biden

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

Lol remember when she was gonna move to England and publish a book on the rise of the Corbyn Left?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

V. Illych L. posted:

oh yeah almost all norwegian foreign coverage is based on commentators having subscriptions to the new york times, washington post and the financial times, and reading the guardian

it's pretty grave

Which is funny because BBC political coverage was summed up by some documentary into the newsroom which had the Head of News explain how everyone there read the Graun but the agenda for the day was set by what was in the Sun and Mail because that's what real people read and it was the most smugly condescending lib centrist idiocy.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

OctoberCountry posted:

Lol remember when she was gonna move to England and publish a book on the rise of the Corbyn Left?

It was Ireland

Also I assume she’s still doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
that was a bit
amber gets way too much flack

buuuut it would rule if she moved to europe and got radicalised after seeing just how much racist the old country is