Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Katt posted:

Obama endorsed Biden after Sanders did. Jesus.

Warren still hasn't actually endorsed yet, has she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Cabbit posted:

The Biden team is holding back the announcement so they can deflect from the next bad news thing to pop up about Biden.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Katt posted:

I assume that's part of his "don't publicly weigh in until things are decided" scheme.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

Maybe Sanders was secretly was just really excited to do it? He did have a big smile at the beginning!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

The Biden team is holding back the announcement so they can deflect from the next bad news thing to pop up about Biden.

"Hey Liz, in the interests of optimizing the news cycle, would you mind saving your endorsement until the next time Joe rapes someone? Thanks."

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

"Hey Liz, in the interests of optimizing the news cycle, would you mind saving your endorsement until the next time Joe rapes someone? Thanks."

Please, for the love of God, let Warren publicly refuse to back Joe Biden. Let her pull that grenade pin and end both of their political careers.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pick posted:

Maybe Sanders was secretly was just really excited to do it? He did have a big smile at the beginning!

He was actually *pulls off mask* Joe's secret twin brother this whole time, Curly Joe Biden!"

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Please, for the love of God, let Warren publicly refuse to back Joe Biden. Let her pull that grenade pin and end both of their political careers.
If she actually had a substantial following, she wouldn't have done so embarrassingly terrible in the primaries. She's not a player that matters anymore.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Bernie endorsed quickly because he needed to get out in front of the narrative that he is dividing the party because like 80% of his supporters are vocally not supporting Biden

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PerniciousKnid posted:

He was actually *pulls off mask* Joe's secret twin brother this whole time, Curly Joe Biden!"

With his hair he's obviously Larry Biden.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe Biden won him over with a big, deep smooch... flirty tickling...

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
They're just going to completely ignore the fact more Sanders supporters won't vote for Joe Biden in November than didn't vote for Clinton in 2016 and still call them a cult. Also, the turnout in Wisconsin was only 51% of 2016 and by November, much of the pandemic fear will be gone. It is going to be a massacre.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nancy Reagan eventually became one of the most politically influential people in the world with her blowjobs as a professional launchpad. If this is true for Biden, maybe he can reacharound the isle

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

gohmak posted:

Why write in Bernie when Howie Hawkins for Green shares his politics and is on the ballot?

Because I'm a man of principle, Bernie could've joined and run under the green party but he didn't, doesn't change the fact I'm still going to vote for him, no matter how many people it pisses off, which it undoubtedly will or already has.

The DNC/Democrats at large would have assumed I was going to vote green and that it didn't matter, but if you write-in the guy they absolutely hate, then that sends a message. If enough people voted for him outside of the party lines, maybe something will change. Voting green, will change nothing.

BANNED USER fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 14, 2020

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Because she has INTEGRITY, that's why!

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

gohmak posted:

Why write in Bernie when Howie Hawkins for Green shares his politics and is on the ballot?

As bad as the DNC is, at least they aren't the loving Greens. The loving Green party puts no effort into any organizing whatsoever except collecting signatures to get on the presidential ballot. They don't campaign for local seats, ballot initiatives, or even loving administrative positions. They basically exist to gently caress over the Democratic candidate every 4 years. gently caress the Green party.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cabbit posted:

I hope she never does. Its turned out to be a good thing that she has kept quiet.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Because she has INTEGRITY, that's why!

This

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BANNED USER posted:

Because I'm a man of principle, Bernie could've joined and run under the green party but he didn't, doesn't change the fact I'm still going to vote for him, no matter how many people it pisses off, which it undoubtedly will or already has.

The DNC/Democrats at large would have assumed I was going to vote green and that it didn't matter, but if you write-in the guy they absolutely hate, then that sends a message. If enough people voted for him outside of the party lines, maybe something will change. Voting green, will change nothing.

If you write in Bernie (or anyone) nobody will even look at it, it literally sends no message beyond what voting Blank would do.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

They basically exist to gently caress over the Democratic candidate every 4 years.

Good.

Edit: Weird how the Greens are only a problem in years where the Democrats run a conservative for president.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

PerniciousKnid posted:

Good.

Edit: Weird how the Greens are only a problem in years where the Democrats run a conservative for president.

Also 3rd party conservatives don’t exist apparently.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No one gives a poo poo about who Warren endorses at this point.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

PerniciousKnid posted:

Good.

They're a problem every year. They just "matter" when the Democrats nominate a centrist.

Which isn't to excuse the Democrats for doing it, but it doesn't change that the "Green Party" exists in name only and if they actually gave a poo poo about the environment they'd be trying to get people elected to things like county supervisor; elections that fly under the radar but actually approve projects affecting the environment. My complaint against them is that they show no interest in actually achieving anything. They're whole raison d'etre is to hijack the national election every 4 years to get 10 minutes of screen time with candidates who are unprepared and spend 8 of those minutes complaining "there are more than 2 parties, when will we get a chance?" Christ the loving Libertarian party actually runs people for local stuff where they can actually make a difference like county attorney.

"Democrats bad hurr hurr" is not mutually exclusive with "gently caress the Green party"

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 14, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mr whistler posted:

No one gives a poo poo about who Warren endorses at this point.

Most voters, if asked, probably think she already did.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Warren is probably still trying to sell her endorsement for VP and lol good luck with that.

That or she thinks she can create her own neolib Our Revolution and somehow flank Bernie from the left. It's hard to say, the woman has the worst goddamn political instincts I've ever seen in an elected official and it makes her unpredictable.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

"Democrats bad hurr hurr" is not mutually exclusive with "gently caress the Green party"

It did occur to me that it might be easier for goons to take over the Green party than the Democratic party.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

the_steve posted:

It didn't help that we all severely underestimated how willing the DNC was to murder its own voters in order to secure a win for Joe.

Literally.

https://twitter.com/kgosztola/status/1250044665870651393

Entire thread is just macabre, the DNC sacrificed a lot of people to prop up a senile rapist.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 14, 2020

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

If they didn't literally kill a pile of black people how would they stop trump from killing more black people??

Glad you're gonna vote blue

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

PerniciousKnid posted:

Good.

They always run a conservative for president. Sometimes they just lie about it like with obama

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cerebral Bore posted:

He was already bought off by people with far more money than Bernie ya dingus.

I don't believe this is true. Politics is a lot about back slapping relationships. Especially for these 80 year old hacks who have been in office forever.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Salean posted:

Glad you're gonna vote blue

You must have me confused with a different poster.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I don't believe this is true. Politics is a lot about back slapping relationships. Especially for these 80 year old hacks who have been in office forever.

Okay, so what should Bernie have done, specifically?

E: gah, phone posting!

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 14, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ManBoyChef posted:

I was listening to The Majority Report today and Nomiki Konst said something that really struck me. She said we need to stop starting with the premise that the establishment democrats are interested in winning. What do you folks think about this? It does shed a little light on the fact they would rather lose with Biden than win with Bernie. They have to realize the general is way different than the primary.

It's not even debatable. The Democratic Party only serves the interests of their rich donors. This won't change even when someone even worse than Trump is on the Republican ticket someday.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

BANNED USER posted:

If you do that, check the laws to make sure your state actually counts write-ins. Some don't unless they'd have the potential to impact an election.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

Okay, so what should Bernie have done, specifically?

E: gah, phone posting!

I'm not sure. It's not my responsibility to figure that out. I'm not a campaign manager. I just think he should have tried and it's been reported that he didn't.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I'm not sure. It's not my responsibility to figure that out. I'm not a campaign manager.

Well, no, but you DID make the assertion that Bernie should have done something to stop Clyburn from endorsing Biden, and given that this is a debate & discussion forum, you're kind of expected to back up your arguments a bit.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If you're going to assert that Bernie could get Clyburn's endorsement or cooperation without compromising his platform then yeah you kinda gotta back that up in SOME way.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Majorian posted:

Well, no, but you DID make the assertion that Bernie should have done something to stop Clyburn from endorsing Biden, and given that this is a debate & discussion forum, you're kind of expected to back up your arguments a bit.

I bet that Bernie could have gotten him some coke, some strippers, a little bag of cashish he would have been good to go. These democrat types are all the same.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Sure, you might claim that Clyburn, whose largest donor is the pharmaceuticals industry, might never support someone running on a platform anathema to that industry, but on the other hand, what about if Bernie had walked up to him, given him a firm handshake and asked for his endorsement? That's how I got my first job in 1957, and

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren:Hey, the general election thread will be going up soonish, but in the meantime, the rules on talking about the general are in abeyance. Electorialism is also going to be inevitable. However, focus your arguments on candidates, not posters. Do not accuse posters of being Trump lovers in disguise for voting Green or whatever. Do not accuse posters of wanting minorities to be slaughtered because of their choice of candidate. Do not accuse posters of being pro-rape or anti-science or whatever else. Criticize candidates and campaigns. Post "Biden is a senile creep who supports X policies that harm the poor", post "The Greens pander to idiot anti-vaxxers, here's the proof", post "I think that in the long run it is better to vote Dem/not vote Dem and this is why", ect. Put arguments on trial, not posters. :siren:

This is kind of a trial run for if a thread can handle debating voting and candidate preferences in a constructive way. How people behave will directly affect how strict the general election thread rules will be. Please try to not be jackasses. Thanks all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Majorian posted:

I said he should have tried to. I have no idea if it would have been successful but I think it's overwhelmingly clear that they didn't really make any effort to get any mainstream endorsements that would've signaled to voters that Bernie could win and that it was OK to vote for him. The way it ended up, Bernie had less support from Dem electeds in 2020 than he did in 2016. You think that was a good thing?