Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You're electrically adept, LS ECUs are wide open, just make a project that speaks Porsche CAN to lie to the body modules. You can packet log CAN. The adapters aren't massively expensive. Fabbing exhaust poo poo is no biggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Based on what I've seen in this thread and the work you've done before, I bet you could handle something like an LS swap in a 911. You have the tools and the know-how (and the willingness to learn new things if you need to) so I bet you'd knock it out of the park.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Plus LS911s annoy Porsche purists SO MUCH that you’re almost obligated to do it. Who remembers the comedy from the LS2000 thread?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MrYenko posted:

Plus LS911s annoy Porsche purists SO MUCH that you’re almost obligated to do it. Who remembers the comedy from the LS2000 thread?

What happened to that guy? He was an awesome fabricator and knocked out poo poo quickly. Threads were always entertaining.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Suburban Dad posted:

What happened to that guy? He was an awesome fabricator and knocked out poo poo quickly. Threads were always entertaining.

I think NASA’s latest calculations put him somewhere around Pluto’s orbit by about now. Still accelerating.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Suburban Dad posted:

Last I saw, he bought a tube frame Camaro drag car and started focusing on that. LS2000 got back-burnered. Kind of a bummer.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I see neither of those car choices are a trip to the 2020 24 Hours of LeMans.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Last I saw, he bought a tube frame Camaro drag car and started focusing on that. LS2000 got back-burnered. Kind of a bummer.

I thought he sold the S2K to fund the Camaro - finally came to an admission that making an S2k drag car go any faster than he already did, would have basically been a S2k-styled bodyshell on a funny car.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

I thought he sold the S2K to fund the Camaro - finally came to an admission that making an S2k drag car go any faster than he already did, would have basically been a S2k-styled bodyshell on a funny car.

That's definitely possible. All I really remember is the Camaro showing up and the 2k wandering off.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
LS swaps are just so loving booooooooooooooring. Get the 911 and do something unique

(Bet you thought I was gonna say stick a Barra into it, didnt you?)

(Stick a 20B turbo into the Porsche. THAT'LL piss off a few purists)

In all seriousness tho, NSX all day on this one.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Did someone already say put a 911 motor in the NSX?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
That's not scary enough. Fit a twin turbo Mitsubishi 3000gt motor.

E: a Dodge stealth donor would be cheaper, do that

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 5, 2019

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Did someone already say put a 911 motor in the NSX?

Barra Turbo :getin:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I hurd u were lookin at a NSX

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Holy gently caress :catstare:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
WUT IN TARNATION

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What kinda tire tread pattern is that on the spoiler?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Well those of you in the chat thread know that I went and did a thing.

Shock/strut tubes are absolutely hosed, the head unit needs a passcode I don't have and is in Japanese, the front bumper needs some alignment at the driver fender, and it looks like it's leaking oil from the lower oil pan and the valve cover. However it's a RHD GT-S with a hard top, therefore it RULES.

Plans:

Replace head unit with something american
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
Hankook Ventus R-S4s
Plug the oil leaks

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

And the first plan I just got done with.

Weird Japanese head unit:

New American big dick head unit:

If anyone wants this old one, I presume it works great. I've called 8 different numbers and went to 3 different car audio shops here, with no luck on remedies for the lock code. All the online "fixes" are very sketchy and smell like viruses.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Next up: putting the old MR2's struts and shocks on this one because HOLY poo poo THIS SUSPENSION IS HORRIBLE AND IM NOT WAITING THREE loving WEEKS FOR FORTUNE AUTO TO BUILD MY poo poo TO DRIVE THIS THING AGAIN

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow that's a prominent placement of the cigarette lighter. Are they that way on all MR2s?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Charles posted:

Wow that's a prominent placement of the cigarette lighter. Are they that way on all MR2s?

My USDM 91 has the key on the same side, makes it less prominent looking:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Well that didn't take long.

The more I look at this thing, with details such as the brand new chrome lug nuts behind the wheel center caps:

...the more I think this PO had coilovers on the car and took them off before they auctioned it in Japan.

All four struts are garbo:

Badger agrees:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
They might have taken the coilovers off and returned to stock suspension for shaken. When it failed for some other reason they probably decided to just ditch the car and sell the parts separately.

Although it definitely would have failed for those strut boots, so you're most likely right.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Looking good. Same color that my MR2 was but in much better condition. Love the noises those things make with the turbo right behind you.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Took all four struts off the old MR2 and swapped them with these busted ones:

The housings on the old MR2 are pretty rusty, but I put inserts in a while back and they're still great! It'll last me until the Fortune Autos get here at least.

The difference in ride is incredible. It feels so planted and nice and I'm in loving love with this thing.

It also gave it a little higher ride height:

I feel like now with actual tags, a working radio, and good suspension, I'm finally able to drive this car like a drat car and feel it out.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

I feel like now with actual tags, a working radio, and good suspension, I'm finally able to drive this car like a drat car and feel it out.

*waiting impatiently*

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

meatpimp posted:

*waiting impatiently*

It fuckin rules man!

I've been dicking around on backroads and grinning ear to ear. I love this thing.

Waiting for my fortune autos and went up to Japanese Classics in it today to look at a car for someone. They still don't have them bitches. They're also in the process of moving even closer to my house. I think they like me.

e: also looking at a berk downpipe with heavy breathing.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Is ko racing still around? They used to make good stuff for sw20 mr2s. Other side of the country(Portland based, went to a couple mr2 meets at their shop back when I had aw11s), but they were nice guys and built some pretty nice cars. I seem to remember their downpipes/etc being on par with Berk, if not better and usually cheaper. Granted I only had aw11s, so my sw20 knowledge is not great.

Either way, nice purchase. I keep thinking about picking up another aw11, tho I don't think there are many decent imports left at this point.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bump

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Any updates?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Since our former mod has defaulted on any modding duties, I think it is up to us in AI to hypothesize what drew him away.

I think it was a shameful black and white 300ZX lovely shooting brake.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The car game is stupid

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maybe he's spending time with a lady friend, that usually makes guys not care about touching computers and/or cars for awhile.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its extremely likely his job and other commitments have him going full bore given he's going to be an extremely essential employee/volunteer in a pamdemic. Just saying.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I do hope he is doing well.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Charles posted:

The car game is stupid

You only say that because we don't have a mod around to probe you for it

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Maksimus54 posted:

You only say that because we don't have a mod around to probe you for it

He's not wrong, though. :colbert:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Man. You guys used to be fun and vicious. From his fb posts, he's fine and not buried in pandemic hell.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Man. You guys used to be fun and vicious. From his fb posts, he's fine and not hurried in pandemic hell.

Maybe he just needs a break.

Or he's driving the piss out of the Mister Two, with Mrs. Adiabatic in the passenger seat, on a winding road trip to San Francisco to get gay-married and spend the rest of their days ripping up and down the Pacific Highway.

Alternately, his account has been somehow radium'd and effectively shadowbanned. This whole time he has been posting into the void, desperate to reach someone, only for all of us to remain unaware of his pleas.

Not gonna lie, I got real excited when I saw posts in this thread. Imagine my crushing disappointment when I discovered it was only meatpimp :smith:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 15, 2020