Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump has never once understood the concept of Soft Power.

You know the saying "when you are as smart as a literal hammer, all the world blah blah blah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

I shouldn’t be laughing at this tired meme but Jesus Christ lmao

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

From what I understand he’s always been about threats and berating people since that’s how he forces suckers into his scams. Get them in, box their ears and make them feel “stupid” so they follow the leader directly into bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, he has no idea how soft power works and is manipulated by North Korea, Russia and pretty much any leader who will act like they want to kiss his rear end while pointing him at the nearest cliff for him to drive off of.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Goons: where should i donate this IRS check? Anyone have any good East Coast food banks or others that give directly to people who need it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ewiley posted:

Goons: where should i donate this IRS check? Anyone have any good East Coast food banks or others that give directly to people who need it?

A local non-religious women's shelter.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ewiley posted:

donate it to Jess Scarane's campaign

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Wilbur Swain posted:

Even without the additional deaths, today's toll is over 2,300 which is the highest ever.

Sounds like a great time for everyone to go back to work!

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

This is a very good call.

A big flaming stink posted:

donate it to Jess Scarane's campaign

Delaware? I dunno who this is.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Haha that fucker really did it.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1250224916089180160?s=21

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Great, and unlike the "DONALD J. TRUMP'S GUIDE TO CORONAVIRUS" mailer I can't exactly shred this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Angry_Ed posted:

Great, and unlike the "DONALD J. TRUMP'S GUIDE TO CORONAVIRUS" mailer I can't exactly shred this.

Deposit using your bank app’s photo feature, then shred it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Most people are getting direct deposit. And I feel like the people most unable to get direct deposit will largely be people who aren’t exactly fans of his.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 15, 2020

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

And when the paper checks arrive months late -- some aren't expected to arrive until September -- everyone can look down and know who to blame*.

*Actually it's Congress, but whatevs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Most people are getting direct deposit.

when are they supposed to hit? today or tomarrow or gently caress knows?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Checks with Trumps name on them tend to bounce...

E:

quote:

now racing to implement a programming change that two senior officials said will probably lead to a delay in issuing the first batch of paper checks
Ahahah

ewiley fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 15, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Technically his name is nowhere on the check because that is really illegal and yes some laws still apply. His name is on the memo that comes with the check.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

How long of a delay is that going to cause?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guze posted:

How long of a delay is that going to cause?

probably a week or so, on top of the rest.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Welcome to America, where your viable choices in November are for four more years of this waking nightmare, yet another mentally declining old white male accused of sexual assault, or... I dunno, write in Launchpad for president, vote downticket, and going back home to watch more DuckTales?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump doesn't understand concepts in general.

Though, I would guess he's much more familiar with soft than hard power.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1250227118916714498

https://twitter.com/GinaZwicky/status/1250228071258558464

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 15, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This is literally better dude.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Welp after saying I wasn'tqualified for UI in MI, then accepting my protest and saying I qualify I've now been informed my claim was denied. Let's see how long it takes me to get evicted.

It won't even let me file another claim or protest lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Look. I miss sports as much as anyone, but what in the gently caress is wrong with you, you stupid motherfucker?

That's rhetorical.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 15, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CHEF!!! posted:

Welcome to America, where your viable choices in November are for four more years of this waking nightmare, yet another mentally declining old white male accused of sexual assault, or... I dunno, write in Launchpad for president, vote downticket, and going back home to watch more DuckTales?

Why the gently caress haven't you guys implemented instant-runoff voting yet? poo poo, even Approval Voting would be better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Lone Badger posted:

Why the gently caress haven't you guys implemented instant-runoff voting yet? poo poo, even Approval Voting would be better.

Because the people that would need to make that happen are the ones that would be hurt if that happened

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

And it really isn't up to some of the lovely governors in these United States to force us to go to work either.

Welcome to the surprising, involuntary, and slow roll-out of the mass strike. :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

look at his rapsheet

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Pick posted:

This is literally better dude.

God effing damm the Maximillian reference. I watch The Black Hole about once a decade and understand it less every time. Similar story for A Boy Named Charlie Brown. Something something Secret of NIMH. Why did I grow up in such a confusing time?...

CHEF!!! posted:

The new Launchpad is aggressively stupid and yet... a better choice than any current offering? Good God are we hosed.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bottom Liner posted:

LGBTQ youth groups also are a good one.

Lot of gay and trans kids are trapped at home with bigoted parents or have already been kicked out and have nowhere to go.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

when are they supposed to hit? today or tomarrow or gently caress knows?

Mine hit today. I use USAA, other banks might take longer to show the deposit depending on how they handle ACH stuff.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Koalas March posted:

Welp after saying I wasn'tqualified for UI in MI, then accepting my protest and saying I qualify I've now been informed my claim was denied. Let's see how long it takes me to get evicted.

It won't even let me file another claim or protest lol

Is your county suspending evictions?
Here are some ideas, sorry if they're not helpful:
1. Form a tenant union and demand rent suspension.
2. Write to your representative (yes this sounds stupid)
3. Check out the local DSA or PSL chapter to see if they have a fund for financial relief.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250075668282576898

Too easy! Look at my cat taxing at a local gas station!:

https://i.imgur.com/PyAIO3q.jpg

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1250237816014925824

Question - does anger usually tend to be the first signs of fear?

Because if so, Graham is scared shitless about his chances in November. He KNOWS he's losing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
BREAKING NEWS

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1250228974569115655

EDIT: Also holy :lol: at all the pins Hannity is wearing. He's turning into Sheriff Clarke.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

You mean the checks his treasury told banks they could steal and most people will never see? lol.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

look at his rapsheet

Oh, I didn't notice you quoted mcmagic; I've had him on ignore since forever. I thought it was about the tweet.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

You mean the checks his treasury told banks they could steal and most people will never see? lol.

If you think about it, this is the most on brand Trump could possibly be!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Sanguinia posted:

it's the other way around, if you have direct deposit then they can take it before you even have access to it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250223610867986432

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

BREAKING NEWS

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1250228974569115655

EDIT: Also holy :lol: at all the pins Hannity is wearing. He's turning into Sheriff Clarke.

I feel like trying to connect Biden to Obama will only benefit Biden no matter how Scary Black Man their audience thinks Obama is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Yeah if it didn't work in 2008 why would it work now. Especially given Biden's support with black voters. That's the best they got?