Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should we do with the remaining Bowsette Buddies?
This poll is closed.
Join them 80 33.61%
Humour them 6 2.52%
Mock them, more 19 7.98%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 57 23.95%
Ignore them 6 2.52%
Ban them 28 11.76%
XCOM 3 ft Cindy Cybermelons 22 9.24%
i'm happy. hope you're happy too - oddium, 2020 8 3.36%
I cannot stop collecting pogs, my slammer collection is opulent - Video 'Videogames' Games 10 4.20%
Look, we have discussed the pog situation many times. Could you please not bring it up 2 0.84%
Total: 238 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ori 2 is fantastic (so far.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ive just been playing random poo poo still. i started smoke and sacrifice and i like it, despite the XBLA-looking visuals it's a nice little game, like a story-oriented don't starve without permadeath

i also tried surviving mars on xbox gamepass and boy howdy this is not a game for a controller. billions of menus, none of them organized by logical game order.

i also played through the first level of banjo kazooie, mostly to torment my roommates with the music and sound effects

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Been playing original FF7, it's amusing how brief Midgar feels now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty addicted to Mudrunner right now, it's basically Euro Truck Sim but without all those pesky "roads" and whatnot

Wish it had a built in radio tuner tho.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How have I never heard of the Amano Atlus rpg before?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Because it's almost insanely dull

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Mahjong too and played on tenhou a lot but it turns out they delete your account if you don't log in for six months and it destroyed my mahjong spirit

i also played a little when I started FFXIV but it takes like an hour to find a game on there

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been playing the original FF7 for the first time. On my way to the temple.

This game is very charming. It still feels like an effectively told story despite the visual limitations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They manage to do a lot with those little chubby five polygon people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's wild to me is there is a generation of games who probably don't know about the Nintendo Help Line, and that there were literal nerds on call with binders full of walkthroughs at your beck and call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrRjRP871Y

Like.. this was an actual service that existed pre-internet aka The Dark Times

VideoGames posted:

I just completed Tales From the Borderlands.

Wow. That whole experience was phenomenal. Absolutely wonderfully phenomenal. It was my second Tell Tale game (and I know that they are gone now AND I will never get a sequel season :( :( ) but definitely the best. Goodness. They took almost everything I love about Borderlands and implanted it into a truly great and funny story. I feel a little lost after that because I so badly want more but I know I will not get any.

Those characters were truly ace in both writing and performance. Also I cannot believe that Scooter died. Goodness that destroyed me. And because of that I thought the same would happen to Sasha!!

Lord the whole thing was marvelous. Definitely in the running for best game I have played in 2020. Without a doubt. :D

The intros to each chapter were always the best. Chapter 5's intro is just an amazing bit of gaming cinema.

Loaderbot :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also wild to me that there's a generation of gamers who haven't seen the best video game movie of all time The Wizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Also wild to me that there's a generation of gamers who haven't seen the best video game movie of all time The Wizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

I listened to Jenny Lewis for years and years before finding out she was the sister in that. I had never noticed lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rinkles posted:

was your palmpilot monochrome? that was a futuristic experience in the late 90s

it had a grayscale display (160x160) with, get this, sixteen shades :eyepop:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

reading the lyrics to the final fantasy 7 remake theme song and having a good lol

what a weird game

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Weedle posted:

it had a grayscale display (160x160) with, get this, sixteen shades :eyepop:

34 more shades and it would have been a real hit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the hardest part of mahjong is learning when to go open

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Attn PS4 havers :siren:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1250094308583264257

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You don't need PS+ for this.

They're just free games to keep.
Forever.

Journey is one of my all time fav games, and a big reason of why I bought a PS4 in the first place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfj3pAlrs4

Please play Journey and chill

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

journey slaps

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If I already own them can I just have some money instead?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

If I already own them can I just have some money instead?

No, but if you are an Indie Dev partner you potentially make use of the $10 million grant Sony is setting aside for support

Which is also pretty cool of them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

quote:

*In Germany and China, users will have access to Knack 2 and Journey for free for a limited time (April 15, 2020 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT).

owned by not living in Germany and China.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What does German censorship law have against Nathan Drake? Never played the games, are there allusions to Nazis in there?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Journey is insanely good, please get it if you don't already have it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think in the first one there's a nazi submarine in the middle of the jungle

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

owned by not living in Germany and China.

Knack 2 was made in Japan and directed by Mark Cerny so it's much better than a few Uncharted games.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ErrEff posted:

Knack 2 was made in Japan and directed by Mark Cerny so it's much better than a few Uncharted games.

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Journey to the Savage Planets DLC feels like a leftover test area and takes about an hour to get all its collectibles and beat it and its new jetpack mechanic is bad, although thankfully minimal.

I dont feel bad buying it because I loved the base game and got it with gamepass, but at 8 bucks right now its pretty steep for what it is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

i think in the first one there's a nazi submarine in the middle of the jungle

And an abandoned nazi base full of zombies

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

the only reason anyone here knows poker is because their creepy uncle or some game boy ceasars palace game taught them the poker hands. if you tried to sit down and learn them from scratch today you'd be about as confused

yaku don't even have ranks, imo they're simpler

this is correct, i am terminally unable to remember the rules to any card game i didn't pick up with a nice adaptable child brain

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i started ff7r last night and it's pretty fun, though i wish i could just automatically start every fight as tifa because she and her playstyle own

also stux's position is respectable

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

What does German censorship law have against Nathan Drake? Never played the games, are there allusions to Nazis in there?

Yeah, secret nazi zombies in the second game IIRC.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looper posted:

i started ff7r last night and it's pretty fun, though i wish i could just automatically start every fight as tifa because she and her playstyle own

You can. Go into the menu where you can set shortcuts for attacks (I forget what it's called) and you can also set a leader character that you'll start as when the fight starts.

Rinkles posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

Because it's almost insanely dull

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Now that I am done with Final Fantasy VII Remake, there is nothing I really want to play until Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster, but that is not until May 29.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Phantasium posted:

You can. Go into the menu where you can set shortcuts for attacks (I forget what it's called) and you can also set a leader character that you'll start as when the fight starts.

oh hell yeah thank you

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Jay Rust posted:

Even if there isn't, German censorship of games is notoriously strict, at least when it comes to violence. Example: the German version of Team Fortress 2 turns all the characters into robots, and when one is blown up it replaces all the gibs and gore with screws and springs and stuff. IIRC they did something similar for Command and Conquer Generals.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 15, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Giving everyone Journey and UC for free is pretty chill of them

I was thinking they would do something like give everyone free ps plus for 6 months but eh, four great games is fine too.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

code:
In alignment with SIE’s goal in preserving Internet access in the US and Europe, game downloads may take a little longer, but we appreciate the understanding from our community as we take these measures in an effort to preserve access for everyone.
lol, because download speed is usually so snappy on the PS4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Awesome Animals posted:

code:
In alignment with SIE’s goal in preserving Internet access in the US and Europe, game downloads may take a little longer, but we appreciate the understanding from our community as we take these measures in an effort to preserve access for everyone.
lol, because download speed is usually so snappy on the PS4

I haven't had slow PS4 download speeds in like 2 or 3 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The first Uncharted has several spoken references to the nazi boat crew that had to be changed in the German version.

Uncharted 2 has a single reference to Hitler that had to be removed (the main bad guy talks about his idols).

a glitch posted:

Even if there isn't, German censorship of games is notoriously strict, at least when it comes to violence. Example: the German version of Team Fortress 2 turns all the characters into robots, and when one is blown up it replaces all the gibs and gore with screws and springs and stuff. IIRC they did something similar for Command and Conquer Generals.

Generals actually got a regular release if I recall correctly but then the government body that regulated all that stuff changed its mind in less than a month and banned the game. Westwood then had to replace literally every game asset with robot people.

Another funn case of this was Soldier of Fortune 2 where the devs just replaced all the enemies in the game with robot counterparts (with new textures) and they blew up instead of getting dismembered. The storyline was also changed where it takes place in a parallel dimension where robots have wiped out mankind and taken its place.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 15, 2020