Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Azran posted:

I reinstalled Windows a bit ago due to some SSD issues and I decided to reinstall DW8XL because I remembered I hadn't fully finished it (I had a few hypotheticals left to unlock/complete plus some standalone scenarios)... and it seems Steam never made a cloud copy of my save. :negative:

It doesn't have cloud saves at all. Koeitecmo is trash and only began including cloud saving in games circa 2018 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I know it's mechanically the same goddamn thing, but the fact that OPPW4 has a side mode that's just a list of missions makes me sad. Yeah, technically the islands in the Dream Log in OPPW3 were just a fancy list, but presentation matters, dammit!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I am about halfway through Ennies Lobby and it feels like the campaign is going by faster this time. There are a couple of reasons I can see: One is that a few levels so far are just boss level arenas, but the bigger thing is that there are no skit events or side quests.

Speaking for myself, on the one hand this cuts down on replayability per level. On the other this keeps my progress from slowing to a loving crawl because I need to play several times to get those stupid extra bits.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Usopp loving sucks, but I feel like that's just tradition at this point. Hopefully his post-skip moveset is better.

I don't think he sucks as much as he takes a bit of extra work. It is cool to lay down oil and gas to blow stuff up, and Flash Dial is basically a delete armor button.

The problem is that other characters like Luffy can fart and take out 500 dudes and at least one commander.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 29, 2020

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am about halfway through Ennies Lobby and it feels like the campaign is going by faster this time. There are a couple of reasons I can see: One is that a few levels so far are just boss level arenas, but the bigger thing is that there are no skit events or side quests.

Speaking for myself, on the one hand this cuts down on replayability per level. On the other this keeps my progress from slowing to a loving crawl because I need to play several times to get those stupid extra bits.

I don't think he sucks as much as he takes a bit of extra work. It is cool to lay down oil and gas to blow stuff up, and Flash Dial is basically a delete armor button.

The problem is that other characters like Luffy can fart and take out 500 dudes and at least one commander.

What other definition could you have for a bad char than "has to work a lot harder to do a fraction of what other characters do easily"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

On the one hand, the pacing of the story mode in PW4 is weird.

On the other hand, I smiled uncontrollably when I realized it would skip past Thriller Bark.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mechafunkzilla posted:

What other definition could you have for a bad char than "has to work a lot harder to do a fraction of what other characters do easily"

Very true but I do appreciate that his play style is...different, if nothing else

Also god damnit the Going Merry :cry:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wish they did an original story like PW2 instead of just doing a repeat of 3. But oh well.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

On the one hand, the pacing of the story mode in PW4 is weird.

On the other hand, I smiled uncontrollably when I realized it would skip past Thriller Bark.

is it worth not having to fight a godawful boss battle if it means losing playable moira and perona?

...yes, but only barely

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Why is the camera so dogshit in PW compared to HW?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The more I play PW4 the more I think PW3 was better. It had more stages, more music, the plot played out better, the side-mode was... Well it was about the same but it LOOKED cooler, every character had S -> T and T -> S combos... I'm even PRETTY sure it had more characters if you include pre and post timeskip strawhats having pretty distinct movesets... The combat is probably a bit better in PW3 and having the big characters be their actual size is cool, but that's about it. Also they made Barto suck poo poo to play and that's unforgivable.

Also it had this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3MQ-ruCrlA

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Finally figured out how to play as the "enemy team" in DW3.

It's cool n all, but of course it's impossible to lose.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Do you have any tools for getting more money in PW4 apart from Bounty Hunter? It seems to be my main resource bottleneck.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Darth Walrus posted:

Do you have any tools for getting more money in PW4 apart from Bounty Hunter? It seems to be my main resource bottleneck.

The money-making skill you want is Cat Burger which you get from Nami. The three skills you ideally want equipped at all times for optimal grinding are Cat Burger (money), Brothers' Sake Cups (crew points, from Sabo), and Coin Collector (coins, from Bartolomeo)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm going to say that I think PW4 is a bit disappointing as worse than 3.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Started DW8XL, last time I played DW was 7, which was years ago.

On PC is there way to reconfigure controls inside menu's? I have customized the ingame/combat controls properly. I use a xbox 1 controller for pc and the x bottom which is normally to confirm is currently cancel and b is for confirm.

Btw chronological what's the best order for campaigns Shu > Wu/Wei and Jin last?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

PureRok posted:

I'm going to say that I think PW4 is a bit disappointing as worse than 3.

Yeah..I really think they shouldn't have just done a story retread this time. It made things alot more boring, even getting to new stuff not shown in 3.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I miss the gundam dynasty warriors. Thats all, hello to the thread.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Orochi 4 Ultimate is down to $40 on Amazon for all consoles if anyone was waiting for a sale.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

I miss the gundam dynasty warriors. Thats all, hello to the thread.

Ya those were quite fun, I wish they rereleased them on PC.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ulio posted:

Btw chronological what's the best order for campaigns Shu > Wu/Wei and Jin last?

Shu/Wu/Wei, in any order, followed by Jin, followed by Lu Bu. Lu Bu's campaign is chronologically ahead of Jin's but should still be played last.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So was the orochi ultimate upgrade worth it? 40 is kinda steep but the original was so barebones I didn't get much out of it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

for local coop on ps4 should i get orochi 4 ultimate or the new one piece game?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Orochi 4 Ultimate is down to $40 on Amazon for all consoles if anyone was waiting for a sale.

Thanks a lot for that, gonna have three dynasty warrior games to absorb my life if I'm lucky.

I have no idea how P5Scramble's translation is going so far.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So was the orochi ultimate upgrade worth it? 40 is kinda steep but the original was so barebones I didn't get much out of it.

Hmm... kind of. Maybe 30 would be better if 40 is feeling high for you already.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Maleketh posted:

Shu/Wu/Wei, in any order, followed by Jin, followed by Lu Bu. Lu Bu's campaign is chronologically ahead of Jin's but should still be played last.

Aight thanks.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm interested in picking up WO 4 Ultimate with the recent Amazon sale, and I was wondering what the best console/platform to buy it on would be? I have access to a PS4, Switch, and a PC (although the sale doesn't seem to extend to Steam, and my PC ain't great so it probably wouldn't run super well), and I'd prefer the Switch version if it runs even acceptably on there, but PS4 is fine if the Switch version is crap.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Haven’t had a lot of issues with the PS4 version, might get some slow down every now and then using magic.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I remember hearing that the Switch version of the original release had some framerate problems. Not sure whether those were ever patched, but PS4 is probably the safer bet.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maleketh posted:

I remember hearing that the Switch version of the original release had some framerate problems. Not sure whether those were ever patched, but PS4 is probably the safer bet.

I'd say the framerate on the Switch version of WO4 is a few steps up from the Vita version of WO3U. It's a locked 30fps with general Warriors jank. I know that's not saying much, but it's perfectly playable, especially in handheld mode. If you're familiar with the series' general performance, the Switch version shouldn't bother you at all.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
If we're going by younger me's definition of DW slow down it's actually called "awesome mode". When you're doing so much cool stuff that the game goes into slow-mo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Since there's nowhere else I can think to take it, what would people want from a Hyrule Warriors 2? Obviously the first thing is more characters and I definitely get that. Groose would be mandatory, on account of being the one character that improved from Skyward Sword. I'd like Linebeck to get in as well. Agahnim might be a neat addition too I suppose. Honestly, I enjoyed the DS Wind Waker-y games a lot so I'd be happy to have Bryne and Chancellor Cole in as well.

Oh, with BotW out now you'd obviously have to add Prince Sidon and the 4 Champions as well.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RareAcumen posted:

Since there's nowhere else I can think to take it, what would people want from a Hyrule Warriors 2?

More Lana and Cia. Just lots of Lana and Cia.
Playable Ralph, Din, and Nayru with Oracle Map
Playable Mipha and Revali

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RareAcumen posted:

Since there's nowhere else I can think to take it, what would people want from a Hyrule Warriors 2? Obviously the first thing is more characters and I definitely get that. Groose would be mandatory, on account of being the one character that improved from Skyward Sword. I'd like Linebeck to get in as well. Agahnim might be a neat addition too I suppose. Honestly, I enjoyed the DS Wind Waker-y games a lot so I'd be happy to have Bryne and Chancellor Cole in as well.

Oh, with BotW out now you'd obviously have to add Prince Sidon and the 4 Champions as well.

A PC port.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

And i want a pony.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

How about something realistic world peace first? Baby steps.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I believe the WiiU version emulates well these days, but yeah

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

RareAcumen posted:

Yuga was proof that the devs would add actual garbage to the roster over Groose and I just don't see it ever happening

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hyrule warriors 2 needs gwonam the squadalah wizard or i wont even waste my money

e: hard gay would be a bonus but not necessary

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 18, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

hyrule warriors 2 needs gwonam the squadalah wizard or i wont even waste my money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Don't mess with my heart like that.