Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Moleman's shtick was that he dies a lot and only has about two lines of dialogue per episode. It's a little too over the top, even for Moleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I loved that window is pretty funny.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

They were right to reject it as not of the same quality, that's a sign of a good room.
So what it's new Season 7 Simpsons content in 2020 it's still better than entire decades of the show that came after.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lizard Combatant posted:

They were right to reject it as not of the same quality, that's a sign of a good room.

I've come for my share of Father's corporation, Etienne.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yeah gently caress Dickens. He wrote one good play and like 15 awful books

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

A Tale of Two Cities is the only book I've ever had to CliffsNotes because I just could not stay awake while reading it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

clicked for the lost Hans Moleman lore, learned the true lost Moleman was Etienne :vince:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

sassassin posted:

Monkey cheese garbage.

Purple money cheese?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

A Tale of Two Cities is the only book I've ever had to CliffsNotes because I just could not stay awake while reading it.

dickens' stories were published chapter-by-chapter as newspaper serials, like soap operas, and he was paid by the word. you couldn't design a more perfect situation to drag out a boring story ten times longer than it should possibly be

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Hello sir, you look like a man who needs help putting combinatory value into his memes

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 15, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Bobstar posted:

Hello sir, you look like a man who needs help putting combinatory value into his memes

*Punches Bobstar in the face and walks off*

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Bobstar posted:

Hahah holy gently caress that's amazing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I watched a bunch of old Steamed Hams videos this morning and laughed at them loud enough that my wife in another room could tell I wasn't getting work done

2018 was quite a year for Simpsons memes

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

christmas boots posted:

I've come for my share of Father's corporation, Etienne.

But they used a far better version of this joke in s7 anyway.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lizard Combatant posted:

But they used a far better version of this joke in s7 anyway.

Please help, I've never understood this joke.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tree Bucket posted:

Please help, I've never understood this joke.

Homer is working from home on disability and is watching day time soaps. In this episode of Search for the Sun two siblings are engaged in a dispute over their deceased father's estate. The daughter, referring to the contested will, asserts that she is to inherit the entire plantation, while the son uses "apricot one" - presumably just one of a great number of orchards - to emphasise just how little of the estate he's willing to concede. This is simultaneously a parody of typical soap melodrama about family businesses and succession whilst also being extremely mundane and unglamorous, where soaps are often about fashion empires and the like.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

and "apricot one" is such a weird turn of phrase, it just sticks in the brain

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

mind the walrus posted:

Stuck in mine for 15 years and still going strong.

mind the walrus posted:

So what it's new Season 7 Simpsons content in 2020 it's still better than entire decades of the show that came after.

I was admiring their restraint.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 16, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I started listening to talking simpsons, and it's pretty good except when they share how they use simpsons quotes in every aspect of their lives, often with extremely cringeworthy examples.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

mind the walrus posted:

That's it, really! It's such a distinctive phrase that i assumed it had to be from something else originally.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tree Bucket posted:

That's it, really! It's such a distinctive phrase that i assumed it had to be from something else originally.

It's also like saying "I'll see to it you won't get a cent!" but they're so affluent the smallest unit of value they can conceive of is a single apricot orchard.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I started listening to talking simpsons, and it's pretty good except when they share how they use simpsons quotes in every aspect of their lives, often with extremely cringeworthy examples.

One of them is a goon and posts in the thread in the Podcast subforum if you'd like to register your disgust with him directly.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
apricot one is the single first produce of the orchards, literally the first apricot to be harvested

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's the plane they use to deliver apricots to the cannery

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cacator posted:

One of them is a goon and posts in the thread in the Podcast subforum if you'd like to register your disgust with him directly.

Bob Mackey!

I used to listen to him on Retronauts except the host there makes my fuckin blood boil with constant interruptions, not letting people discuss a subject if it's not adhering to his carefully constructed timeline of what order topics need to come up in, and whenever he asks a question has to blather on for a couple more sentences putting words in people's mouths of what the answer might be.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Bob Mackey!

I used to listen to him on Retronauts except the host there makes my fuckin blood boil with constant interruptions, not letting people discuss a subject if it's not adhering to his carefully constructed timeline of what order topics need to come up in, and whenever he asks a question has to blather on for a couple more sentences putting words in people's mouths of what the answer might be.

Retronauts owns. I'm assuming the host you're speaking of is Jeremy Parish, who also owns

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He's legitimately the worst host of any program I've seen or heard in any media ever.

Sean Evans is stiff competition, but he rises above.

Anyway, sorry to derail.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ghostlight posted:

I love this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How many dollars in dues is apricot one worth?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's just saying " You wont get one apricot" but just saying it oddly (have heard things phrased that way before though)(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

only when the apricots are actually on board; at other times it's just Special Fruit Mission 28000

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Stop the plane of the apricots I want to get off

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

spaceblancmange posted:

Stop the plane of the apricots I want to get off

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lizard Combatant posted:

Homer is working from home on disability and is watching day time soaps. In this episode of Search for the Sun two siblings are engaged in a dispute over their deceased father's estate. The daughter, referring to the contested will, asserts that she is to inherit the entire plantation, while the son uses "apricot one" - presumably just one of a great number of orchards - to emphasise just how little of the estate he's willing to concede. This is simultaneously a parody of typical soap melodrama about family businesses and succession whilst also being extremely mundane and unglamorous, where soaps are often about fashion empires and the like.

Ah that makes sense. I always thought that “Search for the Sun” meant they were on a space colony and Apricot One was their main ship. Your explanation is better.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Ah that makes sense. I always thought that “Search for the Sun” meant they were on a space colony and Apricot One was their main ship. Your explanation is better.

You idea would make a more interesting show though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Don't PBF this thread please, hide your ignorance

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.