Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

thats incredible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's fake

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It's fake

I wondered how that could happen without death/injury but I’m no science man.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
Yea, it goes from horrifying to funny real quick when you realize that it's fake.

See how he bridges the two terminals of each battery with his hand. You wouldn't jump the car that way, you'd just be draining your good battery. (and probably wrecking the electrics in the car.)

You /might/ be able to do that with two people you don't mind losing though, one for positive, one for negative.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Moto42 posted:

Yea, it goes from horrifying to funny real quick when you realize that it's fake.

See how he bridges the two terminals of each battery with his hand. You wouldn't jump the car that way, you'd just be draining your good battery. (and probably wrecking the electrics in the car.)

You /might/ be able to do that with two people you don't mind losing though, one for positive, one for negative.

Arteries are positive and veins negative, duh.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I was going to post this in the Cursed images thread, but then I was kinda like "gently caress geese I hate them fuckers". In other words, I don't find this to be cursed.

Thats Niagara Falls

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Lurking Haro posted:

I thnk you have that backwards: your blood is blue in an artery and red in a vein.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gotta learn to fly somehow.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

I was going to post this in the Cursed images thread, but then I was kinda like "gently caress geese I hate them fuckers". In other words, I don't find this to be cursed.

Thats Niagara Falls

Did they just sacrifice their children to the waterfall?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

They have appeased the waterfall.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

I thnk you have that backwards: your blood is blue in an artery and red in a vein.

Great, you blew out the electronics.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uH74L6YtGU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

wesleywillis posted:

Thats Niagara Falls

This is now my favorite loss.jpg

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
truckfucklers beware

https://twitter.com/WomenLonger/status/1250457966446120962

it's GTA V but still got me for a good bit

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

From the crappy construction thread:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is that the natural gas line?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

f#a# posted:

truckfucklers beware

https://twitter.com/WomenLonger/status/1250457966446120962

it's GTA V but still got me for a good bit

lmao I didn't see the spoiler bit at first and I was just going "What the gently caress?!" louder and repeatedly for each vehicle that casually drove off the edge

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im ashamed, I have enough hours in on GTA that i cant tell what I recognized first - the bus design or the missing rail on the overpass

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

can't wait for the csb video

https://twitter.com/FunkFlashyRob/status/1250469397032042503

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

devmd01 posted:

This is now my favorite loss.jpg

The rainbow in the last pic really makes it.

Especially if you didn't see the first three.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That must smell WONDERFUL.

Full vid shows the plume of former paper mill raining down.

Just chunks of pulp.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

wesleywillis posted:

Thats Niagara Falls

I surrender to destiny!

Wasabi the J posted:

That must smell WONDERFUL.

Full vid shows the plume of former paper mill raining down.

Just chunks of pulp.

Oh god. I hadn't thought of that til just now, but that's gotta be the fartiest explosion in the area.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Would it smell worse than a Quaker Oats factory? That place was bad just from the highway.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Hehe from the highway.

The entire town surrounding a paper mill smells like pure butthole.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

Would it smell worse than a Quaker Oats factory? That place was bad just from the highway.

worse. if there's a pulp mill there then a byproduct of wood processing is sulfur gas

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

zedprime posted:

Hehe from the highway.

The entire town surrounding a paper mill smells like pure butthole.

Tacoma sued their paper mill to put a filter on the exhaust. It really cut down on one of the primary tourist attractions in Tacoma.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Moto42 posted:

The traditional way to jump cars with only one wire is to park them so the bodies make contact. That’s your ground. Then you need only to bridge the positive terminals with a coat hanger or an AK-47 or whatever.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

zedprime posted:

Hehe from the highway.

The entire town surrounding county downind of a paper mill smells like pure butthole.

also it's worse than butthole, it's worse than hog poo poo, not quite as bad as poultry poo poo. Kind of an insidious stench, not as loud as farm byproducts but your brain eventually tunes poo poo smells out after a while. That don't happen with paper mill stink, you never acclimate to it.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 15, 2020

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
We used to call it 'rear end vegetables'

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
paper mill smell tunes right out its just kinda cabbagey? its not bad like hog farm, its not even dangerous like hogshit aerosol is it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lurking Haro posted:

Recipe for disaster, electrons come out of the negative terminal, that's why you connect it first, otherwise it'll spark.

Arteries push the blood, you got this exactly backwards smdh

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I used to work in paper mills with my dad back in the day. Could not stand that loving reek. He'd just say "SMELLS LIKE MONEY TO ME!".

I think that's because he smoked a pack a day and couldn't smell poo poo anymore.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

paper mills smell bad but nowhere near as bad as like a hog farm or even a cattle feedlot.

then again i also kind of like the smell of axle grease so idk

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Paper mill stink is a wide area but really ephemeral if you can get away.

Livestock stink will get into your lungs and your clothes and you will never escape.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Recipe for disaster, electrons come out of the negative terminal, that's why you connect it first, otherwise it'll spark.

Arteries push the blood, you got this exactly backwards smdh

Sparks will happen with either end. That's why you connect the positive to the battery and then connect the negative to a ground somewhere away from the battery so that any sparks don't ignite flammable gases that can come out of a dead battery.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
a CD in an american paper mill just exploded, no major injuries (somehow)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/us/maine-paper-mill-explosion/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAKso45nYtg

Piss Meridian fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 16, 2020

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The amount of time it took for the stuff to start raining down after the explosion is absurd.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
There's a feedlot and a landfill a couple miles away from my gf's house. If the wind is just wrong, the stench is overpowering. And people live right across the road from it. I guess you get used to it, but I don't want to find out.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cojawfee posted:

Sparks will happen with either end. That's why you connect the positive to the battery and then connect the negative to a ground somewhere away from the battery so that any sparks don't ignite flammable gases that can come out of a dead battery.

ground it first otherwise when you go to connect the ground the electrons will be so psyched they leap outta the negative clamp, this is 100% real and not an old dad's tale that I've heard for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

shovelbum posted:

paper mill smell tunes right out its just kinda cabbagey? its not bad like hog farm, its not even dangerous like hogshit aerosol is it

I used to work at a deli and there was this guy who came in to clean the grease traps every few months. It stunk like hot wet death, I asked him if the smell bothered him and he said:
"It did at first, now it makes me hungry for some reason."