Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

it's obviously ridiculous, he's not gonna convert fox news chuds, you're taking something said in the heat of the (gaming, lol) moment and ignoring the rest

that wasn''t supposed to be a 'gotcha' for a passing, irrelevant comment, but also one of my central claims: greenwald going on tucker's show does NOTHING to help convert fox chuds to the left.

okay, how about we split the difference? BOTH greenwald and klein suck. how's that? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I cape for Glenn because he lives and dies as a shitposter, and that's something that I can respect.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge posted:

e: appearing on tucker carlson's show is unambiguously bad, and the more famous the guest (and greenwald brings a large audience) the worse it is. if the theory is that greenwald's pure righteous leftism will reform some of tucker's nazi viewers, lol that goes both ways and some of greenwald's pure righteous leftist viewers will be converted to nazism too.
i mean, tucker has a t.v. show funded by one of the world's larger media conglomerates, so i figured it goes without saying he's a white supremacist

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

that wasn''t supposed to be a 'gotcha' for a passing, irrelevant comment, but also one of my central claims: greenwald going on tucker's show does NOTHING to help convert fox chuds to the left.

okay, how about we split the difference? BOTH greenwald and klein suck. how's that? :colbert:

no

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i mean, tucker has a t.v. show funded by one of the world's larger media conglomerates, so i figured it goes without saying he's a white supremacist

it does but tucker likes to go the extra mile and actually say it loud and clear

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I still get emails from Erick son of Erick as part of monitoring right wing craziness, and he's been getting crazier and crazier as he becomes less and less relevant:

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

I still get emails from Erick son of Erick as part of monitoring right wing craziness, and he's been getting crazier and crazier as he becomes less and less relevant:

didn’t he use to be a never trump guy?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pizza Segregationist posted:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Pizza Segregationist posted:

yup, his excuse for the switch was “but his judges”

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
michigan chuds are protesting the lockdown in their pickup trucks

https://twitter.com/expelliarmoire/status/1250456739956305921

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

michigan chuds are protesting the lockdown in their pickup trucks

https://twitter.com/expelliarmoire/status/1250456739956305921

not sure there's a clearer signal that the US is a failed state

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Erick Erickson made up a story about how his parents boycotted Asian food because of Pearl Harbour.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
was Erik son of Erik floor shitter

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

was Erik son of Erik floor shitter

that was chuck "floor shitter" johnson

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think the left should co-opt vehicle protests like that

i mean it's not even necessary to "co-opt" since i heard there's something similar happening in L.A.

https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1245387704436551680

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the softest doughiest feet ever

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

the softest doughiest feet ever

is this him? :ohno:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheLibertyLamp/status/1250481757901729795

animist
Aug 28, 2018
not sure if this is the right thread but, i'm going through the reactions on this twitter thread and there's a lot of very smug Gamers:
https://twitter.com/MythicMeebo/status/1250178915647328257
and like, im continually baffled that Gamers hate sex workers so much. i understand they're reactionaries and they hate women, but i don't get the internal logic. when they see a titty shouldn't an "AWOOGA" sound play in the background while their eyes bug out? how can their hatred of women overpower their horniness? it seems like it shouldn't be able to

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

animist posted:

not sure if this is the right thread but, i'm going through the reactions on this twitter thread and there's a lot of very smug Gamers:
https://twitter.com/MythicMeebo/status/1250178915647328257
and like, im continually baffled that Gamers hate sex workers so much. i understand they're reactionaries and they hate women, but i don't get the internal logic. when they see a titty shouldn't an "AWOOGA" sound play in the background while their eyes bug out? how can their hatred of women overpower their horniness? it seems like it shouldn't be able to

it's their bodily autonomy they hate, not the body itself

if these girlgamers were, for example, forced at gunpoint by the government to have boobs online while playing games, they'd be super okay with it all - it'd be only fair and That's The Law and heh you feminazis wanted equality now you're mad you've got it heh

there's a lot to discuss regarding these standards but they usually aren't interested in discussing the actual issues as opposed to projecting a reactionary worldview. Just tell them that Twitch is being very fair because guys aren't allowed to stream shirtless either

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they can't sleep with fake women or real women but they can tell themselves the fake women would sleep with them if they were real

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Brother Entropy posted:

they can't sleep with fake women or real women but they can tell themselves the fake women would sleep with them if they were real

Also their not being able to gently caress is a source of shame because let's face it many human beings want affection and meaningful romantic relationships and not getting it implies that you're hosed on an existential level

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The guys who bitch about boobs on Twitch see it as a competition because there's a number of viewers attached to a stream. If a woman with cleavage is streaming a game and has more viewers than their own stream or one of their favorite streamers, then that's unfair because "they're using using it to their advantage" and they one reason anyone watches them is because they're a hot girl, not because they're "good at games" or whatever.

They would like all the female streamers kicked off Twitch because then their fav streams would be "more popular" by eliminating any streamers bigger than them. It's this whole Reddit upvote mentality spilling out to other sites. If Twitch gave the streamer the option to hide the viewcount numbers from the stream you would still have people bitching but there would be a hell of a lot less of "Why is girl X more popular than gamer Y, the only reason anyone watches is because she's hot" arguments.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

FCKGW posted:

The guys who bitch about boobs on Twitch see it as a competition because there's a number of viewers attached to a stream. If a woman with cleavage is streaming a game and has more viewers than their own stream or one of their favorite streamers, then that's unfair because "they're using using it to their advantage" and they one reason anyone watches them is because they're a hot girl, not because they're "good at games" or whatever.

i mean it sounds like those other streamers need to git gud. have they considered becoming women

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There is nothing a gamer hates more than cheating, and paying for sex is like using a cheat code for easy mode ... pah

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

my bony fealty posted:

if Trump started holding tribunals for CIA employees and executing them and replacing them with Trump cronies Glenn would cheer it on

does that make him good? bad? that, poster, is in your hands to decide

:lol:

If Trump cronies and CIA employees start killing each other, let them do it. Leftists should not take sides in an inter-fascist power struggle.

And the reason Glenn Greenwald shits on the letter agencies so much is because he correctly illustrates how they’re little more than the Praetorian Guards of monopolized American capitalism, or “Inverted Totalitarianism”. Just call it fascism, because that is what it is.

I made a thread on the current American variant of fascism, if anyone’s interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920054

It’s some dark poo poo.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

FCKGW posted:

They would like all the female streamers kicked off Twitch because then their fav streams would be "more popular" by eliminating any streamers bigger than them. It's this whole Reddit upvote mentality spilling out to other sites. If Twitch gave the streamer the option to hide the viewcount numbers from the stream you would still have people bitching but there would be a hell of a lot less of "Why is girl X more popular than gamer Y, the only reason anyone watches is because she's hot" arguments.
I would also like to add to this even if you take there idea that boobs are somehow stealing views at face value, it's still not actually about being "good at the game". The best streamers and other sorts of play video games for a living people are rarely actually the best at the game. Usually it's the people who are the best at being entertaining while playing the game, hence why there is a cottage industry of more charismatic people explaining speed runs over footage from the actual best people. Yet we don't see any of these guys getting up in arms at any of the most popular guy streamers, none of whom are actually exceptionally good at the games they play. Because the point isn't actually watching skilled execution of anything. The point is hating women.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are mentally cucked and seeing people socialize with a single woman is too painful to tolerate

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

If women streamers have a viewer floor, they also have a viewer cap because no woman will get 100k twitch viewers because not enough viewers like women.

I support women streamers, you can call me a woman-streamer-ally. They should all stream topless to show solidarity.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

miniscule12 posted:

If women streamers have a viewer floor, they also have a viewer cap because no woman will get 100k twitch viewers because not enough viewers like women.

I support women streamers, you can call me a woman-streamer-ally. They should all stream topless to show solidarity.

:chanpop:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has anyone made a cam site where they play video games naked? If Twitch won’t allow it, it seems like a market open for exploration. It reminds me of this lady who might have been a joke who read Hayak or Mises or one of those fucks on a stream while slowly undressing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Has anyone made a cam site where they play video games naked? If Twitch won’t allow it, it seems like a market open for exploration. It reminds me of this lady who might have been a joke who read Hayak or Mises or one of those fucks on a stream while slowly undressing.

the hard part would be dealing with AAA game companies not wanting their games on that kind of platform

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Has anyone made a cam site where they play video games naked?

:nms::nws: http://turnyourmonitoroff.com

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mw_unrest/status/1250608551166455810?s=21

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Of course it's on Rhodesia Ave

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

if his actual politics were good he wouldn't acting as a performing animal for slime like tucker carlson

If Ezra was a decent person he wouldn't be a boot licking toady for neoliberalism

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

have it your way

by the power invested in me, ezra klein shall be christened the new king of communism :ussr:

don't say i didn't try to be diplomatic :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahaha, fuckin nice

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the name ezra klein suggests the existence of a, bigger, ezra groß

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,