Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

operation break wind

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Agile Vector posted:

operation break wind

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Agile Vector posted:

operation break wind

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Dude you're entirely talking out of your rear end here.

BiPAP is a brand name for NIV. CPAP is something entirely different.

at how many cmH2O of EPR does a cpap become a niv

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Your Uber is here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Scope posted:

Your Uber is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lDlDLvC4TU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

hobbesmaster posted:

at how many cmH2O of EPR does a cpap become a niv

i believe the source of the dispute is the "c" and "p" in cpap. a ventilator, of any description, isn't continuous pressure, nor is it necessarily positive pressure

so sure some home devices could in theory be used as ventilators, but those home devices would not be called "cpap" devices

tl;dr this was a dumb loving slapfight

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i believe the source of the dispute is the "c" and "p" in cpap. a ventilator, of any description, isn't continuous pressure, nor is it necessarily positive pressure

so sure some home devices could in theory be used as ventilators, but those home devices would not be called "cpap" devices

tl;dr this was a dumb loving slapfight

if that’s what the argument is about then resmed doesn’t sell cpaps and it’s all moot?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

endlessmonotony posted:

Dude you're entirely talking out of your rear end here.

BiPAP is a brand name for NIV. CPAP is something entirely different.

quote:

Adds a Pressure Control Ventilator (PCV) mode that oscillates between high and low pressure at a configurable breathing rate (stock firmware supports only a single pressure, with no breath rate control).

Allows maximum pressure to be increased to 30 cm H2O, as required by clinical protocols (stock firmware is limited to 20cm H2O).

Allows smooth rapid pressure change rates for respiration rates up to 30 breaths per minute (stock firmware changes pressure at less than 1 cm/sec).

Unlocks all of the vendor modes and tunable configuration parameters, including ST and iVAPS modes present in the firmware.

Provides access to all of the sensors (flow, pressure, temperature, tidal volume, minute ventilation, etc).

Displays real-time graphs on the screen to show an immediate history of sensor data.

so it has more pressure to inflate your lungs and now has a mode that will inflate them and let them deflate (to ambient pressure) at a programmed rate.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Sweet. Loved that game. The game CD is still in my car cause of the collection of mediocre Australian alternative-rock bands for the soundtrack.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hobbesmaster posted:

if that’s what the argument is about then resmed doesn’t sell cpaps and it’s all moot?

ResMed sells CPAPs and NIVs, like every major player. Their NIVs are branded VPAP, and they're what were identified as BiPAP.

BiPAP != CPAP.

BiPAP = VPAP = NIV.

This hack reveals that ResMed's NIV and CPAP devices are mostly the same hardware, to no great surprise of anybody except, evidently, ResMed's C-level.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Scope posted:

Sweet. Loved that game. The game CD is still in my car cause of the collection of mediocre Australian alternative-rock bands for the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvUntVTLGJk

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

ResMed sells CPAPs and NIVs, like every major player. Their NIVs are branded VPAP, and they're what were identified as BiPAP.

BiPAP != CPAP.

BiPAP = VPAP = NIV.

This hack reveals that ResMed's NIV and CPAP devices are mostly the same hardware, to no great surprise of anybody except, evidently, ResMed's C-level.

the hack reveals that the hardware capable of the 1cmH2O/s pressure change for the epr function in their cpaps can be driven hard enough to do 0 to 30 cm or whatever it is instead. i doubt resmed put a pump in capable of that much pressure long term when a cheaper one would do

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

haveblue posted:

I propose forming a government agency to track and monitor these increasingly unusual gaits and fund relevant research

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

if we're following deus ex timeline half of california is going to sink into the pacific after "the big one" right

...what would happen to submerged subs in a tsunami anyway

What;s this from?

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 16, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

...what would happen to submerged subs in a tsunami anyway

probably a pretty good place to be, all things considered. tsunamis aren't usually the big wall of water they portray in the movies, but rather just like a tide that comes in and just keeps coming in and rising more and more. hence the term "tidal wave."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdGfplrbKU

the whole boat might get washed ashore but you just :shrug: and hold on, i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in my Zoom 1 on 1 today with my manager we talked about a ticket where Sendgrid needed some help with the CDN in front of their site. i dont have adblock on my work chrome profile. as soon as we ended the call i was absolutely firehosed with sendgrid ads on every site out of nowhere

they're listening, y'all

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
seems like one of those things that can be explained by your manager googling sendgrid and zoom knowing theres an association between the two of you

sorry i know its a little less dystopian but if theres one thing that would get zoom instantly ditched, its if it was listening to the contents of business calls

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol nobody in charge cares if it's easy to use tho

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

seems like one of those things that can be explained by your manager googling sendgrid and zoom knowing theres an association between the two of you

metadata association is a lot lighter on data and a lot sneakier to catch, the moment they googled it and clicked a link a half dozen tracker networks probably pinged too. its like they let each other in the door. its interesting to see how a filtered and unfiltered page will jump way over the filtered connection count and potential filter targets

for my work machine i have an exception for add-ons as part of some testing and debugging. the first thing i add to a fresh image is some blocker because the corporate hellscape is bad enough without ads

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
oh lord

i kind of want it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FMguru posted:

oh lord

i kind of want it

that is a cool looking case

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lol at buying an xbox one though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not enough chrome

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

haveblue posted:

not enough dancing holo girls

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

someone should start making and selling generic cyberpunk storage boxes, that would be neat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Crazy Achmed posted:

someone should start making and selling generic cyberpunk storage boxes, that would be neat

any box you can buy is cyberpunk tho:
- it got shipped in from abroad
- its a piece of poo poo
- the internet
- also you probably paid with plastic or electronics or something

this is the world we live in and it fuckin sucks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

cardboard

but with EL wire

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

any box you can buy is cyberpunk tho:
- it got shipped in from abroad
- its a piece of poo poo
- the internet
- also you probably paid with plastic or electronics or something

this is the world we live in and it fuckin sucks

oh come on, surely you wouldn’t say no to some modestly sized storage crates that look like they’ve been smuggled in from neo Tokyo and inexplicably have RJ-45 ports in them

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
as long as they have some inexplicable lights on them and are coated in carcinogenic chemicals

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
hmm, one of those citizens has no mask

*presses over here button*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have extreme doubts that is accurate. something tells me it is hardcoded to "uighurs are all running 41c fevers, weird"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that one's from malaysia

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 19, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Apparently it’s also an AI sunglasses affixer

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

took this about an hour ago on st. marks in nyc

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Crusader posted:

took this about an hour ago on st. marks in nyc

Helmet designed so glass goes inward toward your eyes on impact. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

helmet shields are all shatterproof polycarbonate